1. Making the Most of Your GIS InvestmentArcGIS®for Local Government
2. WaterUtilitiesGeneralGovernmentCitizenEngagementLandRecordsElections“By using the ArcGIS for Local Government templates, we estimatewe are saving at least 200 person-hours in programming anddevelopment for each application we launch.”Ian A. Wint, GIS ManagerCity of Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3. 1 2Planning andDevelopmentPublicSafetyPublicWorksArcGIS®for Local Government is part of Esri’s solutionsinitiative to provide best practices and resources based onyears of experience working with governments. At the coreof this initiative is Esri’s complete ArcGIS platform, whichscales to the way governments function—from data creationand collection to planning, analysis, and decision making.ArcGIS for Local Government provides a multitude ofresources that complement Esri’s core technology andset the foundation for making the most of geographicinformation system (GIS) investments. The resources aredesigned to get an organization’s geospatial technologysystem up and running quickly to speed authoring,analyzing, managing, and sharing of geospatial information.With the help of these solution resources, data is transformedinto useful, intelligent maps and applications that convey themost up-to-date knowledge in meaningful ways.An integral part of ArcGIS for Local Government istemplates, which are available free of charge, to helpgovernments build applications. These customizableInspiring Solutions for Local Governmentapplications are built on top of Esri’s core software.A network of professionals is also available to supportefforts to implement GIS solutions that meet both theneeds of staff and the growing expectations of citizens.CommunityKnowledgeArcGIS:Esri’s CoreTechnologyContentDeployment LicensingNetwork ofExpertsProfessionalDevelopmentSolutionResourcesArcGIS for Local Government
4. Applications for AllApplications in ArcGIS for Local Government are partof ArcGISSMOnline, Esri’s collaborative, cloud-basedcontent management system for maps, applications, data,and geographic information. These knowledge-basedtemplates from Esri and its partners are customized for amultitude of disciplines and initiatives and include CodeViolation for iPad, Park and Recreation Finder, and LandUse Public Notification.Existing application templates are constantly updated,and new ones are added. Currently, there are templatesavailable for these divisions:• Water utilities• Land records• Elections• Planning and development• Public safety• Public worksMy Government Services is one of the customizable applications available on ArcGIS for LocalGovernment that helps residents locate a government facility and obtain information about services.
5. Resources You Can UseArcGIS for Local Government includes the LocalGovernment Information Model that keeps data organizedand ready to use in applications. Local governmentbasemaps provide a rich foundation for applications.Workflows provide clear paths for collecting parcelsand related land records information as well as data onbuildings, streets, addresses, administrative boundaries,and infrastructure.The continually growing selection of application templatessupports a full range of municipal functions. Public-facingapplications give citizens a direct view into operations andan easy way to communicate with government. Mobileapplications keep field staff connected.Application templates support the following:• Data creation and collection• Analysis and planning• Field mobility• Operations• Citizen engagementA Maps and Apps Gallery template provides a place tohouse GIS applications so they are easy for staff andcitizens to access.The City of Fort Lauderdale’s GIS Application Gallery“The ArcGIS for Local Government initiative has enabled ourorganization to deploy high-quality, focused geospatial webapplications to the public and our employees in a quick and cost-effective manner. The free map and app templates provided byEsri have provided immense value by reducing both the time andcosts required [for] application development.”Sally Price, GIS CoordinatorCity of Southfield, Michigan
6. Support for Your ProjectsArcGIS for Local Government provides a network of expertsthat governments can access to get professional support forGIS projects. This network includes Esri professional servicesstaff, consultants, and partners who have been trained inimplementing GIS using ArcGIS for Local Government.Partners in the ArcGIS for Local Government SpecialtyProgram have created applications based on the ArcGIS forLocal Government solution and/or implementation services.CyberTech is one of Esri’s partners that hascreated applications based on ArcGIS forLocal Government as displayed in its appmapsgallery. A premier example is RC2GO, a citizenengagement and reporting app by the city ofRancho Cucamonga, California.
7. Get StartedWhether you are new to Esri®technology or a longtimeuser, ArcGIS for Local Government will propel your GISinitiatives forward.New to Esri GIS?Visit esri.com/localgov to learn more about implementingthe ArcGIS platform in your organization. This platformis available through various tested and government-approved deployment and licensing options. Once youhave core ArcGIS software, ArcGIS for Local Governmentbest practices and resources will be available to you at noadditional cost.Already Using Esri’s Core Technology?Whether your organization currently deploys GIS at a smallor large scale, you can take advantage of ArcGIS for LocalGovernment resources today to maximize your return oninvestment. Visit esri.com/arcgisforlocalgov to access bestpractices, applications, and resources that will extend thereach of your GIS. esri.com/arcgisforlocalgovExpand Access to ArcGIS SoftwareIn addition to building GIS applications to serve staffand citizens, many governments want to improveaccess to core ArcGIS software. Esri providesenterprise license agreements (ELAs) to governmentsof all sizes so they can get more of the ArcGISsoftware they need. To learn more about ELAs, visitesri.com/ela.