• Share
  • Email
  • Embed
  • Like
  • Save
  • Private Content
Branding in a nutshell
 

Branding in a nutshell

on

  • 1,551 views

An overview of the fundamentals of Branding

An overview of the fundamentals of Branding

Statistics

Views

Total Views
1,551
Views on SlideShare
1,503
Embed Views
48

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
6
Comments
0

2 Embeds 48

http://www.brijj.com 47
http://static.slidesharecdn.com 1

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

    Branding in a nutshell Branding in a nutshell Presentation Transcript

    • BRANDING IN A NUTSHELL
      Evelyn Samuel
    • What is Branding?
      “Branding is the foundation of Marketing and is inseparable from Business Strategy. In a corporation, it is everybody’s business to be cost-conscious as well as customer-driven.”
      Vincent Grimaldi – Leading Strategist in customer-oriented Change Management
      *’cost’ pertains to Business,
      ‘customer’ pertains to Marketing
    • %’s in Branding
      “ about 20% of a brand is its physical attributes, like a logo, colour, letterheads. The rest (80%) is all about behavior.”
      Ian Buckingham, Head of Interbrand Inside
    • Communicating Brand Value
      “ …. what a company needs to do is inform, educate and convince the investing public that ……… its brand genuinely enhances its shareholder value.”
      i.e. The Brand Experience creates the difference between book value and market value.
      Pg 34, The Malaysian Brand Practice Report 2003
    • Brand (Prosperity) Creation
      “We have always believed that to create a powerful brand you need to create a culture that supports it”
      Catherine Salway, Group Brand Manager, Virgin
      “You have to show why, to explain the business case. You have to show that the company will prosper”
      Robert Swinton, Head of Marketing, Securities Institute, Australia
    • Brand Responsibility
      Malaysians say:
      The Board – 50%
      The CEO – 19%
      Director of Marketing – 13%
      The COO – 7%
      Director of Communications – 7%
      Others – 4%
      *Pg 14 “The Malaysian Brand Practice Report ’
    • Linear Brand Management
      FORM
      Brand Committee:
      Visibles
      Tangibles
      Financials
      Resource Allocations
      Incentives
      CHARACTER
      Channels:
      Employees
      Distributors
      Suppliers
      Marketing activities
      Sales activities
      After-sales activities
    • Application of Brand Forms
      Corporate
      Strategy
      HRM &
      Development
      Financial
      Management
      Projects
    • The Brand Egg
      Core Values Supplementary Augmented
      values values
      Mission Products Product Extensions
    • Communicating Brand Essence ProfitablyAdapted from : Schultz and Kitchen, 2000
      Structure
      Equity
      Consistency
      Evaluation
      Identity
      Entry/Exit Barriers
      Image
      Brand Essence
      Balance Sheet
      Values
      Differentiation
      Sustainability
      Benefits
      Corporate Culture
      Vision
      National/Global Perspectives