2. Amongst the planets of our Solar System we stay
3. The earth is surrounded by three layers i.e land,
water and atmosphere(air).
4. These three layers along with living and non living
things in it forms the ‘environment’ around us.
5. Living things of environment – Plants, Animals,
6. Non-Living things of environment - water, stones,
sand, mountains, air, rain, temperature, etc.
7. We can see living things in all the three parts,
Land, water and air of environment.
8. Animals and plants around us
The variations observed in the shapes, sizes,
body parts, body structure, life patterns and
habitats of these living beings is called as
biological diversity or bio-diversity.
9. There are about 10,00,000 species of animals,
2,50,000 species of plants and innumerable
species of micro-organisms on earth.
10. Species of animals depending on their habitat.
11. Species of plants depending on their habitat.
12. Types of animals based on their shape.
13. Types of plants based on their shape.
14. Types of animals and plants based on their eating
15. Bio diversity is observed because of land,
temperature and rainfall in the environment.
16. Every living being exists because of dependancy
17. Food, shelter,
are the daily needs of
Our various needs are satisfied in various ways
because of bio-diversity.
18. It is only because of bio-diversity nature’s chain
(food) gets created, maintained, balancing the
19. Reasons for the decline in bio-diversity.
20. Exponential growth of population
21. Forests are cut down to fulfill the basic needs of
man like food, clothing and shelter.
22. Because of which many rare species of plants and
animals are getting extinct.
23. To meet the demand for foodgrains, farmers are
using single crop method reducing the production
of multi crops, variety of vegetables.
24. In case of animals, local varieties are getting
replaced by hybrid and imported breeds
threatening the existence of local ones.
25. Pollution is causing many species of plants and
animals to become extinct.
26. Forests are cut down for activities such as huge
dam construction, factories, roads, etc. This is
destroying the jungle and the animals staying
27. Measures to conserve bio-diversity.
28. Creating National Parks and Sanctuaries
29. To nurture some species of animals and plants in
zoological or botanical gardens, respectively.
30. To compile and document traditional knowledge.