QR = Quick Response
We are utilizing QR Codes as a unique way to market your listings through a coded image similar to a
You might be wondering What Is A QR Code & How Can It Help Me & My Business
• A QR or Quick Response Code is a recognizable image, which holds relatively 4,300 characters of
• We are utilizing QR Codes as a unique way to market your listings through a coded image similar to a
• The benefit is with a simple, free application on a smart phone, users can access information you assign
to the image with one click of a button and without having to type anything. They simply point and let
the application do the work for them.
• Displaying the QR Code makes it simple for a shopper. They can see the instant reflection of price
change and YOU won’t have to buy riders, shows listing status, showcases open house dates, seller
I created an instructional video to share with you that will show you how to create and read your own QR
Codes or read below for written instructions. (Visit our Media Center at
http://www.erawilderrealty.com/mediacenter.php?disid=16 or subscribe to our YouTube Channel at
• If you have a Smartphone (iPhone, BlackBerry, Droid, Treo, other), download a QR Code Reader and use it
to scan (take a picture of) the image.
• At the bottom of this document, you’ll find a list of QR Code Readers I compiled for you to download a
free QR Code Reader to your smart phone. If you don’t have a smart phone, visit the links under the
topic of ‘Other’.
• Share this with your agents and ask them if they know what a QR Code is and how they can use this in
• This is also an example of things to come in 2011. We plan to develop more “HOW TO”, Educational and
Tech Tools Videos to share with you and your agents.
• I want our agents to understand and utilize the tools we are providing to help grow their business. I want
them to be content providers and set the example.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH IT?
1. Get small stickers made of the QR Code and put them on your business card.
Put them on agent and open house Flyers
Handouts at speaking engagements
2. Get larger stickers or cling-ons made of the QR Code and put it on:
In the window of your listings
In your model home
In the window of your car
Give them to your clients to display and distribute (mobile marketing of a different form)
3. Put them on Banners for trade shows
4. Website (ERA Super Profile), blog, social networks like Facebook. (Change your profile picture to the QR
Code and invite people to comment (Do you know what this is? Interested in real estate? Want to connect
with me.. Here’s how, Check out my listings/open houses, I use advanced mobile tech to sell your home. I’m
going the extra mile to market your home)
5. Could incorporate this into your home pictures if you link the image to the web address associated with a
HOW DO YOU CREATE A QR CODE?
I’m using Morris Lyles as an example. If I click “My Listings” off of Morris Lyles’ profile on our Website, the web
address would be http://www.erawilderrealty.com/results.php?rAID=167&smap=0&isquick=1
I would copy that link and insert it into the form on www.goo.gl and click “shorten”. You will see that your
long link has been shortened to: http://goo.gl/1tLXe (See Below)
Click “Details” to get the QR Code (bottom) (OR simply add “.qr” to the end of the URL to get the image on
Once you click “Details” and you’ll be taken to the page below where you will see your QR Code.
The QR Code has been created and is in the upper right-hand corner. Right click on it and “Save Image As” to
your desktop and give it a specific name.. Maybe ‘YOUR NAME’
Mobile App Downloads
Read / Create | Barcodes / QR Codes
BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 will allow you to read QR Codes and apply them to “Groups”. You might
need to download the update by visiting your “Application World’ on your phone.
Scanlife: Using your phone, go to www.scanlife.com and click “download”
Great List: http://code.google.com/p/zxing/downloads/list
RedLaser (BEST): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/redlaser/id312720263?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2
Optiscan QR Code Generator/Reader: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/optiscan-qr-code-scanner-
Optishare QR Code Maker: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/optishare-make-qr-code-
Other Mobile Devices & Software