● Welcome to theEnterpriseCamp (approx. 10')
● what is it about?
● basic rules
● Theme Introduction (approx. 10')
● intro about the Theme by the Business Case owner
● Agenda Definition (approx. 30')
● participants define the agenda by grouping Issues into Topics
● Breakout Groups (approx. 60')
● participants discuss about Topics in separate Breakout Groups
● Share Your Findings (approx. 60')
● participants share and discuss the findings from the Breakout Groups
● Closing (approx. 10')
● knowledge creation for the long term
What is it About?
An Enterprise Camp is a 3-hours, facilitated, participant-driven event centred
around an entrepreneurship-related theme.
Other than in classical conference formats, theEnterpriseCamp relies on the
passion and the responsibility of the participants, putting them into the
In an Enterprise Camp, everyone is there
because they've chosen to be there,
because the theme at hand is something they have real passion about - and
because they saw this gathering as a unique opportunity for connecting with others
who are eager to learn about, plan for, and take action in an area that they all share
interest and passion about.
Whoever comes is the right people and whatever happens is the only
thing that could have.
Participants are encouraged to facilitate or actively participate in the breakout
Everyone is also asked to share information and experiences of the event,
both live and after the event, via social media channels including blogging,
The approach is most distinctive for its initial lack of an agenda,
which sets the stage for the meeting's participants to create the
agenda for themselves.
Individuals raise their issues related to the theme by saying them
loud and posting them on the wall, grouping the similar or related
When all the issues are out they are grouped by the participants,
with the help from the facilitator, into groups or Topics.
For each Topic a breakout session is defined and a participant
volunteers as facilitator, usually someone with expertise or specific
interest in the topic.
Each individual facilitator takes responsibility for kicking off the
conversation in the breakout session, and taking notes on the
online tool provided by our infrastructure.
These notes are then compiled into a proceedings document that
will be distributed electronically to all participants.
Finally each Group shares the results of the Topic discussion with
the other Camp Participants in a plenary sharing session.
● THE EVENT
● WHAT WE ARE DOING
Theme Introduction (10')
● This Enterprise Camp's theme is
Use of Social Media in Setting up
a “Media Lab” in Utrecht
● Let's have a first look at the theme through the
eyes of the “owner” of the Business Case:
the SETUP Project of MediaLab Utrecht
● After a VERY short Theme Introduction,
theEnterpriseCamp activity will start and
YOU will take the lead!
● Have a great peer-learning experience!
Agenda Definition (30')
● The Participants create the agenda with the
help from the Camp Facilitator.
● Participants raise their issues related to the
theme by saying them loud and posting them
on the wall, grouping the similar or related
● When all the issues are out they are grouped
by the participants, with the help from the
facilitator, into Topics.
Breakout Groups (60')
● When the Topics are defined...
● ...each Participant decides which Topic Group to join, (If later on
you feel like joining another group you CAN do it!)
● ...a Group Facilitator is selected in each Topic Group to manage the
● ...the Group Facilitator and the Participants CO-CREATE the Topic
Group's working document in the Breakout Group Page.
● Don't be afraid to discuss the Topic at hand. This is how you add
value to the others and they add value to you!
● You can access your Breakout Group Page for editing the draft
Findings Document from the Agenda and Topics menu at
Share your Findings (60')
● OK, now you're done with the Topic Group discussion.
Hard work, wasn't it?
● Now you will share your findings with the other
● Each Group can decide how to present their discussion's
outcomes. For example...
● ...the Group Facilitator presents the results from the group's
● ...the Group Participants comment and complete the
● ...the other Camp Participants ask questions, clarifications, and
discuss the findings
● ...and everybody learns!
After the Camp, the working documents will be posted
in our wiki at www.epleurope.eu/wiki, and everybody
will have the opportunity to contribute further!
Thank you for participating!
A final note... we need your help!
We are currently developing the Dutch version of
theEnterpriseCamp and other Peer-Learning activities
and are looking for beta-testers. All the information at
www.epleurope.eu/smc030 Please check it out!!!
Partner / EU Coordinator
Enterpreneurs Peer-Learning Europe
06 5222 0389
theEnterpriseCamp wiki at www.epleurope.eu/wiki
Please help us! at www.epleurope.eu/smc030