AfDB-EMRC SME Forum Sesssion 4 Sylvie Umutoni - La DecouvertePresentation Transcript
Kigali, RWANDA Sylvie UMUTONIDeputy Managing Director La Decouverte LTD Lisboa, June 2011
1. Company’s History and Profile2. Growth & Financials3. Human Resource4. Market Analysis5. Social Impact6. Way Forward
• East African country of 26,338 km2• Population: 10,117,029 (2010)• Density: 401.4/km2• Rural population: 83 %• Administrative framework: • 4 provinces and Kigali City • 30 districts• Economy: • GDP per Capita 540USD • 52% live under the poverty line.
• Mrs. Mukantabana , now a single mother started as a sole proprietor at home in Kigali City• 1st store in 1994 in Central town of Kigali• In 2000, put her children to school abroad (USA)• In 2010, La Decouverte Limited became a privately owned limited liability as it became a family business• Children are now trained into promising entrepreneurs• Privately owned Limited Liability• Sells Authentic, well tested products – not harmless to the skin• Products Imported from France and Belgium
2. Second Store (City 4. Fourth StorePlaza Branch) (Giporoso Branch) Growth1994 2002 2008 2009 2011 1. La Decouverte 5. Up coming Fith LTD, 1st store 3. Third store Store (City Tower (Remera Branch) Branch)
1. La Decouverte Ltd, also a family business has three shareholders: Elevanie Mukantabana – Managing Director (70%) Sylvie Umutoni – Deputy Managing Director (15%) Jean Christian Kayonga – Director of Sales and Marketing (15%)2. Francois Iyakaremye - Main Accountant3. Rebecca Mutamuliza – Accountant Assistant4. 9 Sales Representative5. 3 Cleaners
• The project will benefit our clients from all the provinces of Rwanda and the neighboring countries (Uganda, DRC and Burundi) as well as their families with authentic products• Average of 4000 clients/month• 50 wholesale clients• La Decouverte Limited complies with the Rwandan Bureau of Standard (RBS)• Pays taxes (RRA)• Contributes 7% of imports in the cosmetic industry• Participates in the national environmental protection
• With $ 15,000 reward:Installation of the Electronic Managementsystem Get an update of the company at any giventime Good stock management, instead of amanual controlIncrease in salesOnline purchase optionOfficial Website will reach more clients
• With $ 15,000 reward: Job Creation: now the companyhas 17 full time employees, thisnumber is to grow to 20 by the endof summer 2011 due to a new storeopening.With more stores and revenues,our taxes shall increase as well,therefore a contribution to thenational development.
• La Decouverte Ltd contributes to the development and well being of 4335 people (clients and employees)• Average of 5 dependents for each employee• All staff have access to the governmental health insurance required to all Rwandan (Mutuelle de Santé).• All staff are able to get loans in the banks• The company is in compliance with the Rwandan Labor Law• Customer care training• English lessons provided.
• Get more exclusivity contracts• Expansion national wide and regional wide• Introduce the Electronic Management System• Local packaging to reduce cost