Top 10 How Tos for publisher from ITprospectiveDr. Olena Zanichkovska, Eleks
What will we discuss?• The latest trends in IT and its influence on Publishing• How the IT changes the existing Publishing Business models• How new IT technologies can help Publishers, especially in the work withcontent delivery and digitalization• The risks and constraints of the IT-technologies usage
Top trends1. Mobile devices battle:• Mobile devices and tablets as e-readers;• Mobile devices for e-learning;
Top trends2. Mobile applications and HTML5:• Interactive books;• Learning through applications;• Native or cross-platform applications;• Future of Flash
Top trends3. Personal Cloud:• Users will see it as a portable, always-available place where they gofor all their digital needs;• Focus shift from the client device to cloud-based services deliveredacross devices.
Top trends4. The Internet of Things• The Internet will expand as physical items such as consumer devicesand physical assets are connected to the Internet;• Mobile no longer refers only to use of cellular handsets or tablets;• A wide range of new applications and services while raising many newchallenges
5. Collaboration:• “Bring your own Device”;• Distant teams;• Web-based collaboration tools.Top trends
6. Globalization:• Markets increase;• Internationalization;• Localized products as a competitive advantageTop trends
7. Personification• Variety of choice• Connection with the end-user, not resellers• Possibility of feedback• Questionaries and influence on the ClientTop trends
8. Content digitalization:• Different formats• XML as a format of future;• Not only product, but the process as wellTop trends
9. Monetization and Sales platforms• New type of resellers• Immediate decision• User’s loyalty• Global Sales Platforms vs LocalTop trends
10. Strategic Big Data:• Enterprises are moving towards multiple systems, including contentmanagement, data warehouses, data marts and specialized filesystems tied together with data services and metadata, which willbecome the "logical" enterprise data warehouse.Top trends
The main challenges for Publishers• Defined content digitalization strategy, process and expertise;• Multi-channel digital content creation and distribution;• Efficient sales platform creation
Questions & AnswersDr. Olena ZanichkovskaDeputy Director, Business DevelopmentThank you for attention!Questions?