• For the holiday season of the year 2010 you have been
organizing orders for customers of Pottery Barn and
WilliamsSonomia as well as Pottery Barn Kids.
• This project involves receiving experience including
arranging box pick ups from storage, preparing for
customer picks during working hours and compliance
with the store as well as delivery companies.
• A list complied of all the items the store has received is
available to the authorized individuals of Pottery Barn.
With this information, customers will be able to purchase
or place on hold the products they would like to acquire.
• Another facet of the work would be
your efforts as a sales associate.
• Producing sales is important in
that customers rely on your
services to purchase what they
would like to buy.
• On the right is a hypothetical
graph of what managers and
working agents of pottery barn
would need to see; a composite of
how the store location has been.
The production level at this point
in the year could be very helpful in
what kinds of adjustments would
be needed for the remainder of the
• Each person who is in the store at the time of business is
responsible in their own way for how well the business is
run. While everyone may follow company values it is
important to effectively service the customer.
• Occasions may arise when the person making a
purchase isn’t sure about the product and has further
questions. Be sure to have proper Product Knowledge
and to remember the details relayed to you by your
• Be sure to treat the customers with the utmost respect in
that they are spending sums very large.
The customers of this business have the luxury of having
orders placed under their direct name so that on delivery
they may be set aside for their pick up.
You can be assured of the most organized of storage
place, a dependable area for customers to find and take
home their purchase.
There are two there very inmportant areas which Pottery
Barn contains which carry the items of their inventory.
An offsite storage, The Design Studio, and the “regular”
sales Catalog area.
Storage Arrangement Cont’
• The offsite storage is what
carries the large items and
what may be set as later pick
up for the purchaser.
• Our Design Studio area will
carry our select products that
are picked up by customers.
• The regular catalog area can
be for numbered sections as to
organize inventory and to have
a section to place everyday
• Associates have their share of
responsibilities as explained
• Taking proper care of the store
in itself is a major
• Looking for the smaller detail
area’s in which may improve
customer comfort and picking
up on minor adjustments that
someone else may not see will
raise your own status.
• Re-instituting the idea in
which patrons are
spending large sums,
each person in the store
has to comport the utterly
• Be sure to be in the best
spirits, and enjoy what
• Positivity cannot be more