1. TRINITY GESE GRADE 3 Giving directionsTelling what people are doing Present Continuous This presentation is only for educational purposes.
2. ASKING FOR AND GIVING DIRECTIONS
3. GO STRAIGHT ONGO STRAIGHT AHEADGO ALONG THIS STREETWALK DOWN THE STREET
4. TURN LEFT TURN LEFT AT THE TURN RIGHT TRAFFIC LIGHTS TAKE THE FIRST TURNING ON THE LEFT TAKE THE SECOND TURNING ON THE RIGHT
5. TURN RIGHT AT THEROUNDABOUT CROSS THE STREETCROSS THE STREETAT THE ZEBRA CROSSING
6. How do I get to the Theatre?Go along this road, then turn left into Queen Avenue. Take the firstturning on the right and go past the newsagent.The Theatre is on your right, between the school and the newsagent,opposite the chemist.
7. Can you tell me the way to the museum?Go over the bridge, then take the first turning on the right.Walk along the street and then turn left.The museum is on your left, next to the car park.
8. Where is the hospital?It’s opposite the library. Where is the police station? It’s behind the hospital.How can I get to the Park?Turn right into 3rd Avenue.Walk along the street.Go past the High School andthen turn right.The Park is on your left.
9. Where is the restaurant?It’s next to the car park.It’s opposite the campingsite.Where is the library?It’s between the school andthe chemist’s.Where is the petrol station?It’s in front of the car park.It’s near the park.Where is the theatre?It’s behind the bus station.It’s opposite the park.
10. SOGGETTO + VERBO ESSERE (PRESENTE) + VERBO IN INGI AM DRINKING SHE IS EATING THEY ARE READING
11. I AM NOT DRINKING SHE ISN’T EATING THEY AREN’T READING
12. ARE YOU DRINKING? IS SHE EATING? ARE THEY READING?
13. VERBO ALLA FORMA BASE VERBO ALLA FORMA IN “ING”STUDY STUDYINGPLAY PLAYINGBUY BUYINGRUN RUNNINGTRAVEL TRAVELLINGSHOP SHOPPINGCHAT CHATTINGDANCE DANCINGDRIVE DRIVINGWRITE WRITING
14. WHAT ARE THEY DOING? She is writing.He is working. He is playing baseball. He is driving. They are singing. She is playing golf.
15. Is she listening to music? No, she isn’t. She is cooking.Are they watching TV?No, they aren’t. They are playing football.
16. Are you studying English? Yes, I am.Is he swimming?No, he isn’t. He is skiing. Is he going home? No, he isn’t. He is talking on the phone.