SlideShare for iOS
by Linkedin Corporation
FREE - On the App Store
Step back for a moment and think about the power of...
Step back for a moment and think about the power of
Facebook from a logical point of view. Facebook is a business.
While it is selling itself as a “social” business, it is also a booming business on its own. Similar to any business model
that is based on attracting visitors, the intent is to keep their users engaged and interacting.
The proof is in the numbers:
• According to Forrester Research and Shop.org, the
conversion rates of an f-commerce store are just as high as a store from the brand or retailer’s website. Conversion rates for an f-commerce store are 2-4%, while a web store averages 3.4%.
• Click-through rates on Facebook walls are 6.5%
• Wetseal, for example, says that 20% of its e-commerce sales come from Facebook
• 1 in 11 people are on Facebook, which is 642,613,700 users and growing
• 700 billion minutes are spent on Facebook on a monthly basis
• 57.1% of Internet users are on Facebook