Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
Dylan glowacki smartphones
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×

Saving this for later?

Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime - even offline.

Text the download link to your phone

Standard text messaging rates apply

Dylan glowacki smartphones

624
views

Published on

hgvhgv

hgvhgv

Published in: Education

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
624
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
5
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. Are smart phones affecting productivity ? Dylan Glowacki
  • 2. Smart Phones
  • 3. Smart Phones Good or Bad ??
    • Smart phones and their benefits within an academic setting has emerged. The complaint is that these high-tech phones can cause students to easily lose focus in class .
    • “ While smart phones offer efficiency and multi-tasking, their presence in classrooms still casts a dark shadow .” said Andrea Blakeman , a Monash student
  • 4. Pro’s
    • Used for e-mail, texting and the Internet, the smartphone is an indispensible necessity for most college students.
    • Other advantages for students are weather applications, which can help students plan for the day
    • E-mail capabilities allow students to receive communication from faculty members and classmates on a rolling basis.
  • 5. Pros Continued
    • Those communication gateways allow students to stay up to date with teachers as well as to stay updated on upcoming meetings and events.
    • unknown. (2010). smart phones. Available: http://www.shutupandgoogleit.com/component/content/article/3-smartphone-articles/58. Last accessed 29th march 2010
  • 6. Con’s
    • Miss lecture notes whilst busy on your phones
    • There is research which found that workers distracted by emails and phone calls suffer from various problems such as lower IQ, reduced sleep time, including negative effects on the physical release of stress hormones and adrenaline. Another study found that people who multitasking actually become less efficient at work.
  • 7. Cons Continued
    • Distracts yourself and others
    • Ireth Halliwell. (2010). The Pros And Cons of Smartphones. Available: http://www.getele.com/tips/tips-the-pros-and-cons-of-smartphones.html. Last accessed 29th march 2010
  • 8. Stat’s
    • Smartphone adoption is growing fast. Smartphone sales nearly doubled (89 percent) from the same quarter last year: 101.2 million phones sold in Q4 2010.
    • Smartphone statistics shows that 48% use Smartphones to aid in their business. The rest of the 52% use Smartphones for their personal use.
    • anonymous. (2011). market phone share statistics. Available: http://www.mobile-marketing-blog.net/2011/02/smartphone-market-share-statistics.html. Last accessed 29th march 2010
  • 9. More Stats
    • For Q4 2010, the IDC Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker puts smartphone sales at 100.9 million, up some 87% over Q4 2009. They report total smartphone sales for 2010 as 302.6 million, up around 74% on 2009.
    • The Coda Research Consultancy predict global smartphone sales of some 2.5 billion over the 2010-2015 period, and also suggest that mobile Internet use via smartphones will increase 50 fold by the end of that period.
    • Morgan Stanley Research estimates sales of smartphones will exceed those of PCs in 2012.
    • Gartner expect over 500 million smartphones to sell in 2012.
    • Mark Brownlow. (2010). smat phone statistics and market share. Available: http://www.email-marketing-reports.com/wireless-mobile/smartphone-statistics.htm. Last accessed 29th march 2010.
  • 10. Conclusion
    • This percentage of smart phone users keeps increasing year by year
    • As the Smart phones statistics show, it is the era of Smart phones.
    • I think smart phones if used correctly can add efficiency and mulitasking to your work
  • 11. Refrence
    • Mark Brownlow. (2010). smat phone statistics and market share. Available: http://www.email-marketing-reports.com/wireless-mobile/smartphone-statistics.htm. Last accessed 29th march 2010.
    • anonymous. (2011). market phone share statistics. Available: http://www.mobile-marketing-blog.net/2011/02/smartphone-market-share-statistics.html. Last accessed 29th march 2010.
    • unknown. (2010). smart phones. Available: http://www.shutupandgoogleit.com/component/content/article/3-smartphone-articles/58. Last accessed 29th march 2010
    • Ireth Halliwell. (2010). The Pros And Cons of Smartphones. Available: http://www.getele.com/tips/tips-the-pros-and-cons-of-smartphones.html. Last accessed 29th march 2010
  • 12.