1. Happiness is something we can all work at.
Happiness is a
2. Happiness can become a habit
Happiness is often a
3. Take more responsibility for your moods and for
finding happiness, even on difficult days.
Accept what you
4. We are all responsible for finding our own
Happiness stems from
feeling in charge of our
5. If you put life on hold hoping that happiness will
simply happen , you might wait forever.
6. Happiness makes you more attractive.
you look younger.
7. Concentrate on the happiness you have in life instead of
dwelling on your unhappiness.
Find five happy
moments every day
8. Try to build some exercise into your routine and eat five
pieces of fruit per day.
Spend ten minutes daily
just sitting and thinking
9. Learn to stop worrying about things and events which
you have no power to alter
Do two activities a
week that you
10. Wherever possible change any problem or
unhappiness in your life
Our thoughts create our
11. When you have events in your past that you regret – like
family quarrels – do your best to apologize and put them right
It’s not things that upset
us - it’s our view of
12. When there are events in your past that cannot be altered, face up
to them, and talk about them; then try to atone for them in some
way by doing something worthwhile and kind. Finally – let the
Manage your stress with
13. Seemingly trivial events can cause us intense
pain when we view them irrationally.
You are unique and
you really matter.
14. Re-train your thoughts – and put a more rational spin
on them - by charting those upsets in life that make
Don’t use tranquillisers
except in emergencies – and
then only very short –term.
15. You can learn to control your stress. Feeling in control
of your stress boots your sense of well-being and
Learn to recognize
when you're over-
stressed and when
16. Stress is like pain – it’s warning that all is not well in
your life. Look at what your can do to eradicate the
causes of your stress – then learn to manage what you
You Can build self-
esteem by focusing on
your good points.
17. Identify your good points in your head, then learn to
Learn to give criticism
calmly and fairly.
18. When making a stand about something, use the word
“I” whenever possible rather then the word “you!
You have the right
to say “yes” or
“no” on your own
19. You can be happy without being in a relationship
You can be very
miserable while You’re
in a relationship
20. During single periods of your life accept that you’re a
valid individual who deserves actively to live a happy
If you’ve been
dumped – treat
yourself with care
and love. And learn
from the situation.
21. When you are in a relationship, establish good
communication and always treat each other with
If you have to ask other
people whether you
should get married ....
then you shouldn’t!
22. Balancing your life is essential if you want to be happy
from eating a healthy,