View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
• Bransford, J. D., Brown, A. L., & Cocking, R. R. (Eds.). (2000). How people learn: Brain, mind,
experience, and school. Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
• Bruning, R. H., Schraw, G. J., & Norby, M. M. (2011). Cognitive psychology and instruction
(5th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
• Cornish, L., & Jenkins, K. (2012). Encouraging teacher development through embedding
reflective practice in assessment. Asia-Pacific Journal of Teacher Education, 40(2), 159-170.
• Del Moral, M., Cernea, A., & Villalustre, L. (2013). Connectivist learning objects and learning
styles. Interdisciplinary Journal of E-Learning & Learning Objects, 9105-124.
• Denton, D. (2011). Reflection and learning: Characteristics, obstacles, and implications.
Educational Philosophy & Theory, 43(8), 838-852. doi:10.1111/j.1469-5812.2009.00600.x
• Garner, J. (2009). Conceptualizing the relations between executive functions and selfregulated learning. Journal of Psychology, 143(4), 405-426.
• Greene, J. A., & Azevedo, R. (2010). The measurement of learners' self-regulated cognitive and
metacognitive processes while using computer-based learning environments. Educational Psychologist, 45(4),
• Helber, C., Zook, N., & Immergut, M. (2012). Meditation in higher education: Does it enhance cognition?.
Innovative Higher Education, 37(5), 349-358. doi:10.1007/s10755-012-9217-0
• Hogg, N., & Lomicky, C. S. (2012). Connectivism in postsecondary online courses an exploratory factor
analysis. Quarterly Review of Distance Education, 13(2), 95-114.
• Howard-Jones, P. (2010). Introducing neuroeducational research: Neuroscience, education and the brain
from contexts to practice. New York, NY: Routledge. Introducing neuroeducational research: Neuroscience,
education and the brain from contexts to practice by P. Howard-Jones. Copyright 2009 by Routledge (UK) Books. Reprinted by permission of Routledge (UK) - Books via the Copyright Clearance Center.
• Kop, R., & Hill, A. (2008). Connectivism: Learning theory of the future or vestige of the past?. International
Review of Research in Open & Distance Learning, 9(3), 1-13.
• Leist, J., & Travis, J. (2010). Planning for online courses at rural community colleges. New Directions For
Community Colleges, 2010(150), 17-25. doi:10.1002/cc.401
• Liew, J. (2012). Effortful control, executive functions, and education: Bringing self-regulatory and socialemotional competencies to the table. Child Development Perspectives, 6(2), 105-111. doi:10.1111/j.17508606.2011.00196.x
• Lubin, I., & Ge, X. (2012). Investigating the influences of a LEAPS model on preservice teachers'
problem solving, metacognition, and motivation in an educational technology course.
Educational Technology Research & Development, 60(2), 239-270. doi:10.1007/s11423-011-9224-3
• Lynch, R., McNamara, P., & Seery, N. (2012). Promoting deep learning in a teacher education
programme through self- and peer-assessment and feedback. European Journal of Teacher
Education, 35(2), 179-197. doi:10.1080/02619768.2011.643396
• Rahman, F., Jumani, N., Satti, M., & Malik, M. (2010). Do metacognitively aware teachers make
any difference in students' metacognition?. International Journal of Academic Research, 2(6),
• Smith, J. J., & Greene, H. (2013). Pre-Service Teachers Use E-learning Technologies to Enhance
Their Learning. Journal of Information Technology Education, 12121-140.
• Tang, Y., Yang, L., Leve, L. D., & Harold, G. T. (2012). Improving executive function and its
neurobiological mechanisms through a mindfulness-based intervention: Advances within the
field of developmental neuroscience. Child Development Perspectives, 6(4), 361-366.
• Topcu, A., & Ubuz, B. (2008). The effects of metacognitive knowledge on the pre-service
teachers' participation in the asynchronous online forum. Journal of Educational Technology &
Society, 11(3), 1-12.
• “Brief intro to metacognition.” Retrieved from http://youtu.be/mVE21QhY-lI
• “Certificate of metacognition: First SOT certificate.” Retrieved from
• Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012). Connectivism learning
theory. Baltimore, MD: Author. (Approximate length: 11 minutes).
• “Self-regulation depicted as fluid states in our psyche” Retrieved from
• “Smart, but scattered?: Understanding executive functioning in children &
adolescents.” Retrieved from http://redbank.patch.com/groups/alison-pblock-phds-blog/p/bp--smart-but-scattered-understanding-executivefunctc8ab4c1957
• “The confusing world of technology.” Retrieved from
• “The learning program.” Retrieved from http://conscious.travel/the-learningprogram/
• “The Toa of recovery.” Retrieved from
• “What are executive functions?” Retrieved from http://youtu.be/8cCNhKqQXOM