1. Hi5 Creative | Business Development | 615-775-2364
2. Instagram Dos & DON’Ts
1. "A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words...
or in the case of Instagram Shares”
2. 69% of Instagram users login in once
3. Instagram is a great tool to develop,
create & PROMOTE your practice’s
personality and brand by telling visual
stories at the same time.
Did You Know…
3. Getting Instagram Set-up
Getting Started on Instagram is Easy:
Sign up for an Instagram account and choose a username that clearly represents your
Add a profile photo, a biography and a link to your website
Link your account to Facebook and many other third-party sharing sites where you have
4. Tell the World!
Announce to your Facebook followers that you're on Instagram. Let them know your
Instagram username and show non-iPhone/Android followers where they can see your
Instagram photos.Let your Facebook friends find you easily when using our Find Friends
tool (Account Settings> Find People to Follow > Facebook Friends). It'll also create a news
story in Instagram for anyone who follows you on Facebook and has linked their Facebook
account to Instagram.
Start sharing photos on Instagram and across your other social
networks. Check out the Instagram for Business blog for examples
of how brands use Instagram.
5. Instagram Dos & DON’Ts
• DON’T overpost – don’t be a 24/7 news site
• DON’T post photos with words – use real photos
• DON’T get too caught up with filters – focus on quality images
• DON’T take photos of patients unless you have permission -
• DON’T overuse #hashtags - #itsannoying, #doesnthelp
6. Instagram Dos & DON’Ts
• DO post real photos – Don’t post things from the internet,
people want to know your real & connect with you
• DO share behind the scenes – Most people don’t know
what goes on, show them
• DO feature your patients – Make your patients feel special
• DO team spotlights – It makes the team feel included
7. Instagram Dos & DON’Ts
• DO promote events – Let your patients and
followers know about upcoming events
• DO run contests – Engage with you patients
through contest (this helps promote you)
8. Instagram Dos & DON’Ts
9. Instagram Dos & DON’Ts
•Be Specific - Choosing specific tags will help you
connect with other like-minded people on Instagram.
•Be Relevant - Make it easy for other like-minded Instagrammers
to find you by making sure your tags describe your photo.
•Be Observant - Pay attention to the other hashtags used on
photos that use the same tag as yours.
10. Instagram Dos & DON’Ts
2014 Most Popular #’s
#popular #instagood #iphonesia #photooftheday
#instamood #picoftheday #bestoftheday #instadaily
#igdaily #instagramhub #instacool #me #photo #twelveskip
11. Listen to your fans. Respond to and use the instant feedback
you'll be receiving. This is a two way street. Let your fans know
you are listening to them!
Make sure you check the comments, like them,
answer questions, thank your followers, and
take notice on what types of postings receive
the most likes or shares.
The GOLDEN RULE for all SOCIAL MEDIA
Instagram Dos & DON’Ts