1. The Government had launched a Leadership Development Scheme in 2007-08 with an aim to bolster the confidence of women from minority communities while dealing with the Government, the police, politicians, banks and bureaucracy on their own. The Scheme for Leadership Development of Minority Women has been transferred from Ministry of Women and Child Development to Ministry of Minority Affairs in 2009.
2. Training assumes an important role in any development scheme/programme. The two types of trainings proposed under the scheme are: Leadership training in village Leadership training in residential training institution
3. To empower and instill confidence in women by providing knowledge, tools and techniques for interacting with government systems, banks and intermediaries at all levels. To provide support, leadership training and skill development so that they can move out of the confines of their homes and community. To assume leadership roles to assert their rights collectively or individually in accessing services, facilities, skills and opportunities.
4. Development of Module for Trainers NIPCCD assigned the task of developing Modules on Leadership Development of Minority Women. Six days Module has been developed.
5. Qualities of a Leader Roles and Responsibilities of a Leader How to be a Good Leader
6. Day 2 Session I: Women Rights Right to life, Liberty and Personal Security Right to Vote Reproductive Right Right to Social Security Right to Education Right Against Rape and Sexual Violence Gender Equality Right against Exploitation
7. Day 2 Session II: Education Rights Importance of Education Right to conserve one’s language, script and culture Right to admission to any educational institution without discrimination Educational facilities Educational Schemes
8. Meaning of employment Importance of employment Types of employment Employment schemes
9. Meaning of Livelihood The Sustainable Livelihood Approach (SLA) Livelihood strategies Livelihood goals and outcomes Livelihood training programmes Technology and Action for Rural Advancement (TARA)
10. Types of Crime Outcomes of Crime Laws related to crime
11. Health Physical activity Nutrition Personal hygiene First Aid
12. Common Childhood Illnesses Signs and Symptoms Prevention and management Home remedies Immunisation
13. Reproduction cycle Menstrual cycle and hygiene Family planning HIV/AIDS
14. Role of Village Health Sanitation Committee Role of Auxillary Nurse Midwife Role of ASHA Role of AWWs
15. Meaning of Life skills and vocational skills Basic life skills Vocational Trainings
16. Objectives of RTI What is information Method of seeking Information Fee for seeking Information How to write an RTI Application RTI application
17. Meaning of PDS Objectives of PDS Challenges of PDS Fair Price Shop
18. Programmes for education Programmes for employment Mahila samridhi yojana
19. Income Savings Investment Time Management
20. How water becomes unsafe Importance and need of safe drinking water Infections and illness due to contaminated water Methods of making water safe for drinking at Anganwadi / Home Waste water sanitation and solid waste disposal
21. How is electricity supplied Electricity meters Electricity bills Redressal of complaints
22. National Rural Employment Programme Self Employment Wage Employment Difference between wage and self employment
23. Panchayat Panchayati Raj System Levels of Panchayati Raj System Who can be the members of Panchayat Role of women in Panchayati Raj System
24. What is household survey Why is household survey carried out Below Poverty Line (BPL) list Benefits provided by govt.
25. What is Redressal forum Objectives Redressal Mechanism
26. The participatory training pedagogy used in the module includes: Case studies Group discussions Role playsA V aids
27. The trainers will be able to transact training to minority women so that they are able to assume leadership roles and assert their rights, collectively or individually, in accessing services, facilities, skills and opportunities. They will be able to claim their due share of development benefits for improving their status and living conditions. They will be able to show more confidence and mutual understanding. The will be able to improve their managerial skills.