• The business idea I have come up with would be a
Computer/Internet Skills Trainer. The job would
include teaching people how to properly use a
computer and the internet and also provide Tech
Support over the phone.
Products and Services
• We would provide services that teach the
customers about computers and the internet. We
would go to the customers house and personally
teach them and/or their family. This would include
how to use Microsoft Products, Internet Browsers,
and other products.
• Prices for in-house training: $25/hour + Tips
Products and Services Cont.
• Not only would we provide in-house support but
also include Tech Support over the phone. We
would answer questions for people about their
computers if they are having issues and don’t know
how to use something such as Excel or Google
• Prices for tech support over the phone: Free
• The age group we would be supporting would be
mainly for adults who do not do well with the
computer. We also cater to anyone who can read
• Personal Income wouldn’t have a big factor as the
services would be cheap for a lot of knowledge.
• The consumers would need to be interested in
computers in order to enjoy our services.
• Any level of education is accepted as long as they
have a basic understanding of how to use a
• We would be looking for employees that have a
strong knowledge of computers. They also need to
have good speaking skills in order to instruct
• The employees would need to be above the age of
18 in order to drive to houses and do customer
• The users would need to have a basic High School
career education in order to apply for the job.
• This is to safe-guard the customers and keep them
with responsible, knowledgeable, strong working
• We would use multiple types of marketing
techniques in order to attract the customers to our
services. Some examples would be:
– Newspaper advertisements
– Magazine advertisements
– TV commercials
– Internet Advertisement
• We would try to market towards the older age
group in order to appeal to their sense of
knowledge. If that works, they may ask for us to
teach their family along with them. (As we would
offer family classes)
• The start-up costs can start anywhere from $10,000
up to $50,000 depending on the amount of
employees, tech support, and at home courses we
do. If we were to decide to publish a book on
computers and how to use them then that may add
more to our profits but also add more into our debt
if we don’t sell enough.
• Short Term Goals
– Start the business up
– Get our first customer
• Intermediate Term Goals
– Get 50 at home customers
– Get 500 tech support calls
• Long Term Goals
– Earn a profit
• New Horizons – No in-house training, ours would
• We would offer in-house training unlike those of
New Horizons that only do classroom training or
online training. We come to you, you don’t have to
come to us.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.