2. We may think we live in oneworld, but in reality...we live in TWOphoto: Sweetie187 (flikr)
3. file:///C:/Users/engsoc_vpsa/Desktop/Photofigure/185979571_091342fd75_b.jpgThere’s the worldwe’re used to...Image: Bluedharma (flickr)
4. and our alternatedigital worldPhoto: sourced from google images Creative Commons filter
5. We use our digital world toconnect withfriends...family....EVERYONEimage: sullivantoph (flickr)
6. image: ideowl (flickr)Even on thebiggest of days...
7. “Forsomecouples,Facebookmay serveas a tool forrelationshipmaintenance”Photo: Gregory Jordan (flickr)Quote: I Now Pronounce You FBO: Facebook Official
8. But how closely does ourdigital self reflect our truecharacter?image:Pig Sty Avenue (flickr)
9. In the Digital Worldwe construct ourselves,and tone ourselves into what wethink people want. Photo: vancouverfilmschool☆ (flickr)
10. file:///C:/Users/Douglas/Downloads/6934233521_0dab97c2c6_o.pngAnonymity allows us to hidebehind our commentsAnonymityallows us to hidebehind our comcomments ononline.photo: raincoaster (flickr)
11. But sometimes our online livesand our real lives cross paths...Image from acagebee(flikr)
12. “Technology has also allowedus to shape who we areand highlight specific features in wayswe couldn’t do as easily offline.”Quote: The Social Psychology of the SelfiePhoto: Robby Mueller (flickr)
13. “We rely on others’ perceptions,judgments and appraisals todevelop our social self.”image: thrill kills sunday pills (flickr)quote: The Social Psychology of the Selfie
14. And to many, the connection tothe digital world is an addiction.image: Photo Extremist (flickr)Staggeringnumbers ofpeople areconnected.
15. 7/10 people in North America areusing some form of Social MediaFacebook alone has18 millionCanadian users
16. 78% of parents sur-veyed help their chil-dren lie to Facebookabout age.“78% of parents surveyedhelp their children lie to Face-book about their age.”image: Vintuitive (flickr)quote: Coming of Age in the Digital Age
17. Even the workplace hasswitched to a heavily digitallyfocused world. photo: chooyutshing (flickr)
18. Photo: Sean MacEntee (flickr)Quote: Lecture 2“80% of fortune 500 companiesonly accept online applications”
19. image: plaits (flickr)It has gotten to the point wherea day without connection makesus feel naked.
20. The digital world has given us endlessopportunities, but has it debilitates ourocial skills?“Someday, someday, but certainly notnow, I’d like to learn how to have aconversation.” - 16 year old boyphoto: Cubmundo (flickr)quote: The Flight From Conversation
21. Which path will you choose?Can there exist a balance?photo: tonystl (flickr)
22. All images are licensed under the Creative Commons Non-Comercial Share-Alike3.0 agreement, and sourced from flickr.Articles used are linked below:1) The Flight of Conversationhttp://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/22/opinion/sunday/the-flight-from-conversation.html?pagewanted=all&_r=02) The Coming of the Digital Agehttp://www.wired.com/geekdad/2013/02/coming-of-age-in-the-digital-age3)The Social Psychology of the Selfiehttp://mashable.com/2013/02/15/social-media-and-the-selfie/4) I Now Pronounce You FBO: Facebook Officialhttp://www.psmag.com/blogs/news-blog/i-now-pronounce-you-fbo-facebook-offi-cial-51307/