How to age gracefully.
• Teens and young adults recuperate from many things much quicker than
people in their 30’s, 40’s and 50’s.
• The body can regenerate faster
• Take responsibility for aging gracefully:
– Eat well
– Exercise regularly
– Keep stress at bay as much as is possible
– Learn to deal positively with stress
– Take care of your body, mind, and spirit
• One way to achieve wellness is to keep learning new things
• Another way is to have new experiences
• Face your fears
• Take healthy risks
• Remember to eat healthy:
– Make sure you have enough complex carbohydrates, natural
unsaturated fats and proteins for your body’s needs.
– Stay away from processed food (unhealthy, saturated fats, sugars,
– Drink plenty of good fluids like water, juices, teas. Stay away from
sodas and energy drinks.
– Make sure to take in enough probiotics and macronutrients
• You can get these from soy and yogurt products.
• We need these to aid digestion, and help with the immune system, blood
pressure, intestinal problems, colon cancer and high cholesterol levels.
• Changing systems:
– As you age, these probiotics are very necessary.
– Many intestinal issues tend to arise when we age
– Staving off infections and intestinal problems help us to be well and
live productive lives.
Exercise is critical as you age.
If you do not get enough of it, your body will feel it and give
you more problems
We know that it keeps arthritis pain levels down, but it also
helps produce the necessary hormone balance we need, and
balances everything else that keeps our bodies functioning at
• We all know that a healthy diet and exercise help to alleviate stress
because of the hormones and nutrients that are produced by the body
when we eat well and exercise regularly.
• However, sometimes stress can take a lot out of us and we crash and burn
depending on the stressor.
• How do we handle stress in a healthy way then?
– B Complex Vitamins
– Deep Breathing/focus to produce coherence
– Self control of your emotions
• Pacing one’s self is critical
• Fun and recreation
• Mental faculties
• Social activity
Does aging have to be a negative
process or can we enjoy our old
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.