• Each person is unique in the
way they are made. This
structure, height, weight, etc.
• What is right for one person
is not necessarily right for
• Ask yourself this question…How do I feel about
So, what is healthy?
• That is different for every person!
• Healthy body weight is different from body
• Calculate your RMR: Step one…
Thermic Effect of food
• Calculate the intake of food X 10%
• Now, finally, compute your BMI
Gaining, losing or maintaining?
• Some teens feel they are too thin.
• Some feel too fat.
• Others, actually, very few, feel totally
comfortable where they are.
• This is true for adults as well.
• We will discuss-actively-what these
calculations mean for us as individuals and the
effects of advertising on us all.
• What is healthy and what is not?
• How do we maximize our overall health
• What other aspects of health are involved in a
positive self image?