Edouard NILSSON / deputy CHIEF TECHNICAL OFFICER
21 av Claude Debussy, 92110 Clichy, FRANCE
+33.(0).220.127.116.11.10 - email@example.com
1996-2001: Master’s degree in Electronics and Computer-science at ISEN.
ISEN is one of the best engineering schools in France, member of the CGE.
Since April 2007 TEDEMIS as deputy Chief Technical Officer
In charge of the Research and Development department:
- R&D team management: 4 engineers.
- Definition of project plans for the Production and Platform developments.
- Management of R&D resources: Costs, Partners, Technology suppliers
- Definition of technical architectures and support to customers and commercials
TEDEMIS is working on direct mobile marketing operations for Elle, Oxbow, Dior, Galeries
Lafayette, P&V, RipCurl, Peugeot by using mobile marketing supports such as SMS Push,
MMS, web and wap pages, Java applications, branded phones and Bluetooth.
April.03: 4 years SAGEM Telecommunications as
Vodafone Technical Account Manager (1,5 years)
Marketing Department - Project Management:
In charge of Vodafone Live cell phone projects from Specification to Production : 2G
phones (my400V) as well as 3G phones (my600V, my800V and my850V)
Management of SAGEM's main customer Vodafone and interaction with SAGEM's
entities: R&D, Commercial team, Marketing department, Production centers and
Multimedia and GUI expert (2,5 years)
Research and Development projects:
Indian off-shore project manager :
- In charge of myV85 3G phone developments with SASKEN and FORTUNA using
EMP platform (SonyEricsson): Synchronizing developments and integrations between
different international companies and working on several applications such as Java
Application Manager, Messaging, Browser, and Content Manager (OpenWave).
- In charge of “Vodafone Simply” phone’s GUI developments with TataELXSI:
Setting up of an off-shore development entity in India: tools, methods, integration, etc.
Management of the UI developments (Team of 7 engineers)
Organization and training of SAGEM’s Java team in Ningbo in China (5 engineers):
JVM implementation, TCK tests, qualification, Java developments (MIDP), etc…
Project management of embedded Java applications, and technical support for
Sagem’s Java content developers: Operators (Vodafone,Orange) and Game
publishers (GameLoft, JamDat, Spark).
In charge of GUI and multimedia functionalities for the porting of SUN’s JVM on
Sagem’s phones: MIDP-2.0 profile for Vodafone’s Java phones: myV-65 and myV-75
and DoJa-1.5 profile for Bouygues Telecom’s i-mode phone: SG321i.
- API specifications for new native functions optimized for MIDP and MMAPI
specifications: audio/video player, images management and graphic functions.
- Following up of API implementations from Sun Microsystem’s team in
Israel/California and Sagem’s Audio/Graphic team (France).
- Several development tasks: Native graphic functions, JAM attributes verifier,
getAppProperty and MMAPI camera APIs (C and Java language).
- Qualification & optimization: MIDP+MMAPI TCK, test MIDlet development,
qualification and optimization of the implementation (Assemblor, FastRam, fast
Nov.02: 6months PSA PEUGEOT-CITROEN as an Embedded Electronic Engineer
Test and validation of embedded calculators on development cars:
- CAN/VAN network appraisal.
- Test and validation of embedded software.
- Analyzes and reports to the R&D team: Electronic tests and network traces.
- Development of tools in Visual Basic Application: Automated Tests, GUI,
Nov.01: 1 year ELIZA GARDEN as Co-founder and Software developer
Creation and programming of video games targeted at Java mobile phones.
- Graphics and design of games.
- Java software development using MIDP-1.0 / MIDP-2.0 (J2ME).
- Development of an interactive website (www.otariegame.fr.fm) which manages
the scores sent by the users: Apache server with MySQL and php scripts.
Marketing of games with operators, applications publishers (iil Corp., Mobile China…)
and cell phone constructors (ElizaPuzzle was embedded in Sagem’s cell phones:
my600x, my800x, my411x, my501c and my312x)
Feb.01: 8months FRANCE TELECOM California as an Embedded System Engineer.
Study of hardware and software technologies accelerating Java execution on embedded
- Java technology for embedded systems: J2ME: KVM, configurations and profiles.
- Census of all hardware-based java acceleration solutions known at the time by
searching the web, reading publications, attending forums (JavaOne), testing
products and contacting companies directly: ARM (Jazelle), Nazomi (JSTAR), Ajile
(aJ-100), Vulcan Machines (Moon), Zucotto (XPRESSOcore150), inSilicon
J2ME-MIDP applications development for the different hardware available: Motorola
i85s, Palm OS, PDA, Java processor Ajile and emulators.
Development of a JINI Network service and study of Jini’s embedded specifications.
April98: 3months Internship at PHILIPS France as an Image Processing Software Developer.
Programming of algorithms for the detection of appearance defect for video cameras
with DSP processor (Analog Device): Quality process on an automotive bulb production
- Vision training and study of image processing algorithms.
- Development in C language of an algorithm for a specific product.
- Tests, optimization and validation of the algorithm: Integration into the production line.
Software : Microsoft Visual C++, J2ME Wireless ToolKit, HDL Cadence, SimWave, EDA Client,
Altera MaxPlusII, Matlab, Adobe Photoshop and Premiere, Macromedia Director, QuarkX-
Languages : Java (J2ME-MIDP), C, Assemblor (Atmel, Motorola), PHP, VHDL, HTML, VB, and Visual C+
Knowledge : MySQL, WAP2, KVM, MIDP, i-mode, DOJA, embedded systems.
Operating systems: Unix, Dos, Windows.
French Mother tongue.
English Fluent: Several stays in England (York, Guernsey) and in the US (SanFrancisco).
Spanish Advanced: Several stays in Spain (Sevilla, Granada, Murcia).
University project: Ultrasonic range finder and Low frequency function generator:
Design and making of electronic boards: integrated circuits, display, signal processing, coding/decoding.
Vending Machine in VHDL:
Design and simulation of a vending machine using HDL Cadence and SimWave under UNIX.
CNRS (National Institute for Scientific Research NSF): Robot dedicated to the 3D positioning of a
3D mechanical architecture driven by step-motors controlled by electronics (Motor drivers L297-L298, Atmel
processor, max232). The electronic part is controlled via a serial link by a computer with a Visual C++ GUI.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES_______________________________________________
Robotics Club of ISEN: Design and construction of autonomous robots for the French Robotic Cup E=M6.
Sports : Powered paragliding (Paramotor), climbing, canyoning, soccer, squash and sailing.
Hobbies : Piano playing, rock dancing, and model building.
Activities to maintain the artistic work of the sculptor G. Nilsson www.gunnarnilsson-