Selendroid is a test automation framework which drives of the UI of Android native and hybrid applications (apps). Tests are written using the Selenium 2 client API.
Selendroid can be used on emulators and real devices and can be integrated as a node into the Selenium Grid for scaling and parallel testing.
Features of selendroid
- The app under test must not be modified in order to automate it
- Between the native and the web context can be switched back and forth, which basically means the concept of automating native or hybrid apps are the same.
- Different locator types are supported to find elements
- Gestures are supported: Advanced User Interactions API
- Selendroid can interact with multiple Android devices (emulators or hardware devices) at the same time
- Existing Emulators are started automatically
- Selendroid supports hot plugging of hardware devices
- It can be integrated as a node into the Selenium Grid for scaling and parallel testing
- Multiple Android target API support (10 to 19)
- Build in Inspector to simplify test case development.
Documentation is available at http://selendroid.io