1. Qantas – After Flight Survey
Sent: August 2010
Created: January 2011
Author: Dominique Hind
• I’m extremely loyal to Qantas. I go out of my way to fly
them no matter what safety problems or PR issues
they are facing.
• In August 2010, I received a follow up email asking me
about their service & areas for improvement.
• After flying with Qantas for 15yrs, this was the first
request I’ve ever had for areas of improvement.
• Would be interesting to know if this was something
needed to support all of the current concerns or a
whole hearted attempt to improve the service.
• I haven’t received a follow up or any additional
information, but am really interested in what they have
done with the information & how they have actually
used my responses & the others collected.
• The survey took 15mins & was 46 slides/ questions with multiple variations &
requirements needed for each answer.
• The key sections were:
– Before we begin
– About the flight
– Booking this flight
– Checking in
– Security screening
– The terminal
– The Qantas Club
– Boarding & Departure of your flight
– Summing up the on-ground service experience
– The Qantas Cabin Crew
– Meals & drinks service
– The Aircraft facilities
– Inflight entertainment
– Your flight arrival
– Valet parking
– About you
– Summing up
4. Areas for improvement
• There are a couple of areas that should be
a focus for Qantas surveys in the future:
– Follow up: all of my contact details were
provided, so it would make sense that at least
an update or status update on what impact the
answers had on Qantas & their service.
– Options: ability to choose a short or a long
version of the survey.
5. For more information