1. &quot;The Asmat Creation Story: Fumeripits creates People from Trees By: Jherson Robles, 2-6-12, Period 4 Culture and Geography Contemporary Tradtional Asmat Culture, Part.2
2. According to Asmat traditional: &quot; Fumeripits was the first being to exsist on earth, and he also created the first men's ceremonial house called a jeu.&quot;
3. &quot;Fumeripits Would Spend his days dancing along the beach, but after awhile grew tired of being alone.&quot;
4. &quot;So he chopped down a number of trees, Carved Them into humans figures, and placed them inside the jeu.&quot;
5. &quot;However, since the sculptures were inanimate, Fumeripits was still unhappy. He then decided to create a drum, and chopped down another tree, hollowed out the center, and stretched a piece of lizard skin over the top.&quot;
6. &quot;As he began to play the drum, the human figures miraculously came to life, Their elbows Came unstruck from their knees, and they began to dance
7. This is how Fumeripits made people from trees. And the first people were Asmat.