Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
Project on study_of_employees_job_satisfaction
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply

Project on study_of_employees_job_satisfaction

3,977

Published on

jo satisfaction

jo satisfaction

Published in: Business, Lifestyle
0 Comments
2 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
3,977
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
305
Comments
0
Likes
2
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. Project on Study of Employees Job SatisfactionINDUSTRY PROFILEABOUT GARMENT INDUSTRY:INTRODUCTION: As the business increases day by day to global standards, garmentindustry also takes its boom in the world trade. Though there are certain limitations anddrawbacks in the business scenario, it is still trying to achieve a memorable growth in theworld trade. From ancient days onwards, garments play an important role in eachand every ones life. Now the fashion technology is growing not only in towns and cities,but also in small villages. People are now very much interested to wear new fashiongarments. Media also playing an important role in evaluating the garment industry allover the world.ABOUT GARMENT INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (GIDC): To protect the rights of manufacturers and to create a beneficialmarketing facility for garments, ‘THE GARMENT INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENTCORPORATION’ came in to force. The GIDC is a non-profit organization established in1984 in the city of New York by the garments workers union and the new York skirt andsports wear association to strengthen the worlds garment industry. For the past twenty years, GIDC has evolved in to multi-tieredservice organization providing marketing, buyer referrals, training and technicalassistance to the manufacturers and workers.GIDC acts as a link between designers &labels and high quality producers and it has the following directors: BRUCE RAYNOR -CHAIRMAN STEVEN E-THOMAS-VICE CHAIRMAN EDGAR ROMNEY -SECRETARY TREASURER ETC 1
  • 2. USE OF COMPUTERS IN GARMENT INDUSTRY:CAD: Computer aided and designing (CAD) is industry specific design system usingcomputer as a tool. CAD is used to design anything from an aircraft to knitwear.Originally CAD was used in designing high precision machinery. Slowly it is found itsway in other industries also. In 1970’s, it made an entry in the garment industry. Mostcompanies in India and abroad have now integrated some form of CAD in to their designand production process. In fact, according to national garment association of US, of 228 garmentmanufacturers: 65% use CAD to create color ways. 60% use CAD to create printed fabric design. 48% use CAD to create merchandising presentation. 41% use CAD to create knitwear design.KNITTED FABRICS: Some systems specialize in knitwear production and final knitteddesign can be viewed on screen with indication of all stitch formation.PRINTED FABRICS: The process involves use of computers in design, developmentand manipulation of motif. The motif can then be resized, recolored, rotated dependingon the designers goal.SKETCH PAD SYSTEMS: These are graphic programmes that allow the designer touse pen or stylus on electronic pad or tablet to create free hand images, which are thenstored in the computer.TEXTURE MAPPING (OR) 3D DRAPING SOFTWARE: This technology allowsvisualization of fabric on the body. Texture mapping is a process by which fabric can bedraped over a form in a realistic way. 2
  • 3. EMBROIDERY SYSTEMS: The designs used for embroidery can be incorporated onthe fabric for making garment. For this, special computerized embroidery machines areused. Designers can create their embroidery designs on the computer or can work withscanned images of existing designs.INTERNET AND INFORMATION EXPLOSION: NATIONAL INSTITUTE OFFASHION TECHNOLOGY (NIFT), Calcutta is linked to Internet with TCP/IP accountand the students have continuous access to the sites of the top designers, trend forecastingagencies, fashion houses and fabric suppliers. This has helped both the institute and thestudents immensely keeping them updated with the latest trends. From the above information, it is clear that the computers play an importantrole in the development of garment industry.GARMENT INDUSTRY IN INDIA: The garment industry occupies a unique place in our country. It accounts for14% of the total industrial production and contributes nearly 20% of the total exports andis the second largest employment generator after agriculture. Garment industry is providing one of the basic needs of people and maintainedsustained growth for improving quality of life. Its vast potential for creation ofemployment opportunities on the agricultural, industrial organized and rural and urbanareas, particularly for women. Although the development of garment sector was earlier taking place in termsof general policies. In recognition of its importance of this sector for the first time, aseparate policy statement was made in 1985 in regard to development of garment sector.The textile policy of 2000 aims at achieving the target of garment and apparel exports ofUS $ 50 billion by 2010 of which the share of garment will be US $ 25 billion. The mainmarket for Indian garments are USA, UAE, UK, GERMANY, FRANCE, ITALY,RUSSIA, CANADA, BANGLADESH AND JAPAN. 3
  • 4. The main objective of the textile policy 2000 is to provide cloth of acceptablequality at reasonable prices for the vast majority of population of the country and tocompete with confidence for an increasing share of the global market. From the above it is clear that garment occupies a unique position in oureconomy contributing to nearly a one third of the country’s earnings. The industryincludes manufacturers, suppliers, whole sellers and exporters of cotton textiles etc.Today handloom and cotton textile exports in India is counted among the most importantsector. The garment industry in India is widely named for its superb quality garments.Total textile exports during April-march 1998-99 were rs 52720.78 crores. Readymadegarment exports comprises nearly 40% of the total exports.CURRENT SCENERIO: Developing countries with both textile and clothing capacity may be able toprosper in the new competitive environment after the textile quota regime of quantitativeimport restrictions under the multi-fiber arrangement (MFA) came in to an end on 1 stJanuary 2005 under the world trade organization (WTO) agreement on textiles andclothing. As a result, the garment industry in developed countries will face hugecompetition in both their exports and domestic markets. The elimination of quotarestriction will open the way for the most competitive developing countries to developstronger clusters of the garment industry which enable them to handle all stages of theproduction chain from growing natural fibers to producing finished clothing. The garment industry is undergoing a major reorientation towards non-clothing applications of textiles known as technical textiles which are growing roughly attwice rate textiles for clothing applications and now account for more than half of totaltextile production. The processes involved in producing technical textile requireexpensive equipments and skilled workers. 4
  • 5. As a result of various initiatives taken by the government, there has beennew investment of rs 50000 crore in the garment industry in the last five years. Ninegarment majors invested rs 2600 crores and plan to invest another rs 6400 crore. Further,India’s cotton production increased by 57% over the last five years and three millionadditional spindles. The industry expects investment of rs 1,40,000 crores in this sector inthe post MFA phase. A vision 2010 for garments formulated by the government afterinteraction with the industry and exports promotion councils aims to increase India’sshare in the worlds garment from the current 4% to 8% by 2010 vision and plan toincrease Indian garment economy from the current US $ 37 billion to$ 85 billion by 2010 and creation of 12 million new jobs in the garment sector. There will be opportunities as well as challenges for the Indian garmentindustry in the post MFA era. But India has natural advantages, which can be capitalizedon strong raw-material base cotton, man made fabrics, jute silk. Further, for the benefit ofexporters, there should be a state owned cargo-shipping mechanism. Several initiativeshave already been taken by the government to overcome some of these concernsincluding rationalization. Shri Kamal Nath, union minister of commerce and industry has said thatIndia will take up the issue of non-tariff barriers (NTBs) in the world trade organization(WTO) Doha round of multi lateral trade negotiations, which are expected to gathersteam from march 2005 onwards. On the eve of republic day, president DR.ABDUL KALAM said that, “Indiais presently exporting six billion US dollars worth of garments, where as with the WTOregime in place, we can increase the production and export of garments to 18 to 20 billionUS dollars with in the next five years. This will enable generation of employment ingeneral and in rural areas in particular with the help of export of garments. We can addmore than 5 million direct jobs and 7 million indirect jobs in the garment sector.Primarily in the cultivation of cotton, efforts are needed in cotton research, technology, 5
  • 6. generation, transfer of technology, modernization and upgrading of ginning and pressingfactories and growth in marketing strategy”.INDIAN GARMENT EXPORT INDUSTRY: India is a major exporter of garments, fabrics and accessories for the globalfashion industry. Indian ethnic designs and materials are an important factor in the plansof fashion houses and garment manufacturers all over the world. Those buttons on theLevis you are wearing could well have been made in India. The welcome decision of phasing out Multi Fiber Agreement (MFA) will endthe regime of quotas and other rules and regulations made by the Indian governmentshelps us to create a competitive export garment industry all over the world. For India, the clothing industry has performed quite well in exports. It hasbeen facing most of the quotas every year. As compared to rs 12 crores in 1970-71,exports have reached rs 18000 crores by 1998. The major competitors in this segment ofthe market are developed countries, Asian tigers like Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong andSingapore. Developing countries like Bangladesh and Mayan mar of china, of course. In order to ensure quality of garment exports, the SSI restriction of thegarment exports, the SSI restriction of the garment industry should be removed. Presentequity participation of 24% by the foreign partners need to be enhanced and jointventures with majority shareholdings as well as technical collaborations should beallowed. Labor laws need to be reorganized and the export procedures should beliberalized.LATEST TRENDS (NEWS) IN GARMENT AND TEXTILE SECTOR: 1. India recorded exports of $ 461 million in March 2005, against $ 351 million in March 2004. The increase has continued from February, when textile exports stood at $ 410 million. India has shown a 28% growth for the period January to march 2005 as compared to the same period last year. While china remains the 6
  • 7. lead country in terms of textile imports to the US. Countries like Mexico and Canada continue to loose out to India and china. Imports were threatening thousands of US jobs. The us has the power to impose caps of 7.5% growth in textile and clothing categories on china under an agreement that the way for Chinas membership in WTO in 2001.2. Ministry of finance has added 165 new textile products under Duty Drawback Schedule. The new products included wool tops. Cotton yarn, acrylic yarn, various blended fabrics, fishing nets etc. further, the existing entries in the drawback schedule relating to garments have been expanded to create separate entries of garments made up of (a) cotton3. (b) Man made fiber blend (c) MMF4. After the phasing out of quota regime under the Multi Fiber Act (MFA), India can5. Increase its textile sector becoming $ 100 billion industry by 2010. This will include exports of $ 50 billion. The proposed target would be achieved provided reforms are initiated in textile sector and local manufacturers adopt measures to improve their competitiveness. A 5-pronged strategy aiming to attract foreign direct investment by making reforms in local market. Replacements of existing indirect taxes with a single nation wide VAT. Liberalization of contract norms for textile and garment units. Elimination of restrictions that cause poor operational and organizational performance of manufacturers was suggested.6. The union minister shankar sinh vaghela said that the board for Industrial and Financial Reconstruction (BIFR) had approved rehabilitation schemes for sick NTC mills at the cost of rs. 3900 crores. Of the 66 mills, 65 mills have been closed after implementing voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) to all employees. The government has already constituted assets, sale committees comprising representatives of central and state governments, operative agency, BIFR, NTC and the concerned NTC subsidiary to effect sale of assets through open tender system. 7
  • 8. 7. Proposals for modernization of NTC mills have been made to the consultative committee members including formation of a committee of experts to improve management of these mills. Even the present status of jute industry was under the scanner of the consultative committee. 8. The government had announced change from the value-based drawback rate followed to a weight-based structure for textile exports that will discourage raw material exports and also there is a scope for misusing the drawback claims by boosting invoice value of exports. 9. NCDEX launched its silk contract (raw silk and cotton) on Thursday, January 20, 2005. With this launch, the total number of products offered by NCDEX goes up to 27. The launch of silk contract will offer the entire suite of fibers to the entire value chain ranging from farmers to textile mills. Government of India jointly with NCDEX has adopted a policy of encouraging future contracts of silk. The ministry of textiles and the central silk board (CSB) had decided to introduce Futures trading in mulberry cocoons and raw silk on NCDEX. Futures trading on the NCDEX will provide an alternative trading avenue for farmers, weavers and traders and help them to make a better price for their product and it will also helps them to reduce risks associated with natural calamities. From this, we can conclude that garment industry is still in developingstage in India. The government is taking a lot of efforts to upgrade the garment industryin India. Rules and regulations on small scale units should be liberalized and exportprocedures on exports of garments is to be simplified and some grants to be given tothose farmers who are dependent on cotton and jute corps. 8
  • 9. COMPANY PROFILE This firm was promoted by Late. Shri. Mohan das Kundanmal Mahataney, thefounder /promoter of associated apparels Pvt.Ltd, who were the makers of “LIBERTY”shirts for the domestic market and also license makers of Maidem form, Jockey, Jantzenand Tootal. An illustrious son of an illustrious father, MR.Raju. M.Mahtaney is a commercegraduate from Mumbai University, started his business career way back in 1968 byjoining his father’s business of ready-made garment exports. Later, he joined as a partnerin K.MOHAN in 1973. He became the managing partner in 1991, and since then hiscontribution in terms of expertise has boosted the morale of the organization and thusgained to be recognized as a reputed manufacturer in exports of woven garments. In thepresent context of business scenario, he has been traveling extensively to westerncountries and further gained rich industrial experience especially in fabric and machineetc. he was a member of the executive committee and also chairman of EDP of apparelexport promotion council. He also an active executive member in CIA &INDO_AMERICAN chamber of commerce. Ours is a garment manufacturing company fully equipped for exporting thefinished products. K.MOHAN & CO is situated 10 kms from the center of the beautifulgarden city of ban galore. We specialize in the manufacture of high quality of men’s andwomen’s wear in the woven fabrics category. We predominantly cater to the Americanmarket. K.Mohan among the oldest garment export houses in the country, established inthe year 1973. K.Mohan & co is well equipped to meet any requirements of overseas clients.In other words, we are proud to maintain that we are compliant to all standards set by ourclients. Our professional approach towards business makes us very easy to work with,and fosters our business tie-ups and relationships, a very pleasing association. It haslocations at seven places in ban galore at Bannerghatta Road, Hulimavu, Begur,Bommanahalli, Hong Sandra, Sing Sandra and Veer Sandra. 9
  • 10. K.Mohan & co has an impressive product range in the woven garments sector.We are capable of manufacturing quality garments over a wide range of styles, size-ranges and fabrics. Though we have produced a wider range in the past, we are nowfocused on items such as men’s and women’s pants, shorts, shirts and blouses as well.We are proud to be associated with- The Gap Inc., Banana Republic, Polo Ralph Lauren, Nike, The BoomClub, Lane Bryant, The Limited Group, Ralph Lauren, Polo Jeans, Kohl’s, Nill Blass,Vetir, Decathlon, Shopko, Jones Apparel group and the like. In every unit, we have a technical person viz., production manager incharge of the unit associated by factory manager and production co-ordinators. The areagroup HRD managers also take care of all the issues relating to the workers, includingHR activities, welfare, safety etc. where the number of employees exceed the limitprescribed under the factories act. We have a safety officer too. Also we have a ladymedical officer visiting the units. We have our own two in-house laundry units at Hulimavu and Sing Sandrawith modern machineries, which cater to all our wash requirements. To be candid, wehave all facilities to meet the contingencies. We have obtained the necessary consent forboth water and air in all our units. Running a business with constraints in infrastructure facilities is a tough task,meeting simultaneously the requirements of the buyers. In the present power crisis, weare also running the generators in all our units, affecting the business profits to a largeextent availability of water, yet another concern. With all these constraints around, ourmanaging partner has been effectively managing the business. Labors, though availablein the areas, are not skilled. Hence we trained them in our training school and absorbthem with an amount of risk of their longevity. It is a family partnership firm registered under the Indian partnership act, 1932.Its corporate office is at begur road, bommanahalli hobli, Bangalore-560075. 10
  • 11. All raw materials is checked for quality and quantity and stored in a centralwarehouse. Inventory handling is fully computerized. The merchandising section and shipping department is well equipped withinstant communication systems like EDI. We are working on implementing ERP. The CAD section is again fully equipped with the GGT ACCUMARKREALEASE 7.62 PATTERN MAKING, GRADING AND MARKING SYSTEM.We have automatic plotters (AP- 100) and pattern-cutting (MUTOH-1650) machines. We have a fully integrated CAD/CAS/CAM section at one of our units. It isequipped with state of the art automatic spreading (SYNCHRON 175) and cutting(GT-7250) machinery from Gerber technology inc., of USA. We possess a 20-head embroidery machine capable of 7-9 colors. Machine is ofBaruden make and stitching capacity is 20,00 –25,00 stitches per hour. The production floor is equipped with the latest machinery. Trained andspecialized personnel who have lot of experience in the garment production field man it.We have technical experts who help implement the quality standards in our merchandise(like AQL levels). We use accredited testing labs for fabric package testing and garment testing. Ouremployers are dedicated and work for the company untiringly, sinciourly honesty,diligently, maintaining all the more a high standard of discipline which also contribute asone of the reasons for the growth of the company to this stage. 11
  • 12. CHAPTER-1INTRODUCTION:JOB SATISFACTION: Job satisfaction is one of the important factors which have drawn attention ofmanagers in the organization as well as academicians. Various studies have beenconducted to find out the factors which determine job satisfaction and the way itinfluences productivity in the organization. Though there is no conclusive evidence thatjob satisfaction affects productivity directly because productivity depends on so manyvariables, it is still a prime concern for managers. Job satisfaction is the mental feeling of favorableness which an individual hasabout his job. DuBrins has defined job satisfaction in terms of pleasure and contentmentwhen he says that: “Job satisfaction is the amount of pleasure or contentment associated with a job. Ifyou like your job intensely, you will experience high job satisfaction. If dislike your jobintensely, you will experience job dissatisfaction.”DETERMINANTS OF JOB SATISFACTION : While analyzing the various determinants of job satisfaction, we have to keep inmind that: all individuals do not derive the same degree of satisfaction though theyperform the same job in the same job environment and at the same time. Therefore, itappears that besides the nature of job and job environment, there are individual variableswhich affect job satisfaction thus all those factors which provide a fit among individualvariables, nature of job, and the situational variables determine the degree of jobsatisfaction. Let us see what these factors are. 12
  • 13. INDIVIDUAL FACTORS: Individuals have certain expectations from their jobs. If there expectations aremet from the jobs, they feel satisfied. These expectations are based on an individual’slevel of education, age, and other factors.1. Level of Education: Level of education of an individual is a factor which determinesthe degree of job satisfaction. For example several studies have found negativecorrelation between the level of education, particularly higher level of education, and jobsatisfaction. The possible reason for this phenomenon may be that highly educatedpersons have very high expectations from their jobs which remain unsatisfied. In theircase, Peter’s principle which suggests that every individual tries to reach his level ofincompetence, applies more quickly.2. Age: individuals experience different degree of job satisfaction at different stages oftheir life. Job satisfaction is high at the initial stage, gets gradually reduced, starts risingup to certain stage, and finally dips to a low degree. The possible reasons for thisphenomenon are like this. When an individual joins an organization. He may have someunrealistic assumptions about what they are going to derive from their work. Theseassumptions make them more satisfied. However, when these assumptions fall short ofreality, job satisfaction goes down. It starts rising again as the people start to asses thejobs in right perspective and correct their assumptions. At the last, particularly at the fagend of the career, job satisfaction goes down because of fear of retirement and futureoutcome.3. Other Factors: besides the above two factors, there are other individual factorswhich affect job satisfaction. If an individual does not have favorable social and familylife, he may not feel happy at the work place. Similarly other personal problemsassociated with him may affect his level of job satisfaction. 13
  • 14. NATURE OF JOB: Nature of job determines job satisfaction which is in the form of occupationlevel and job content.1. Occupational level: Higher level jobs provide more satisfaction as compared tolower levels. This happens because high level jobs carry prestige and status in the societywhich itself becomes source of satisfaction for the job holders. For example,professionals derive more satisfaction as compared to salaried people; factory workersare least satisfied.2. Job content: job content refers to the intrinsic value of the job which depends on therequirement of skills for performing it, and the degree of responsibility and growth itoffers. A higher content of these factors provides higher satisfaction. For example, aroutine and repetitive job provides lesser satisfaction ; the degree of satisfactionprogressively increases in job rotation, job enlargement, and job enrichment.Situational variables: Situational variables related to a job satisfaction lie in organizational context-formal and informal. As we shall see in the next part of text, formal organization iscreated by the management and informal organization emerges out of the interaction ofindividuals in the organization. Some of the important factors which affect jobsatisfaction are given below.1. Working conditions: working conditions, particularly physical work environment,like conditions of workplace and associated facilities for performing the job determinejob satisfaction. These work in two ways. First, these provide means for jobperformance. Second, provision of these conditions affect the individuals perceptionabout the organization. If these factors are favorable, individuals experience higher levelof job satisfaction. 14
  • 15. 2. Supervision: The type of supervision affects job satisfaction as in each type ofsupervision; the degree of importance attached to individuals varies. In employee-oriented supervision, there is more concern for people which is perceived favorably bythem and provides them more satisfaction. In job-oriented supervision, there is moreemphasis on the performance of the job and people become secondary. This situationdecreases job satisfaction.3. Equitable Rewards: The type of linkage that is provided between job performanceand rewards determines the degree of job satisfaction. If the reward is perceived to bebased on the job performance and equitable, it offers higher satisfaction. If the reward isperceived to be based on considerations other than the job performance, it affects jobsatisfaction adversely.4. Opportunity for Promotion: It is true that individuals seek satisfaction in their jobsin the context of job nature and work environment but they also attach importance to theopportunities for promotion that these jobs offer. If the present job offers opportunity ofpromotion in future, it provides more satisfaction. If the opportunity for such promotionis lacking, it reduces satisfaction.5. Work Group: Individuals work in group either created formally or they develop ontheir own to seek emotional satisfaction at the workplace. To the extent, such groups arecohesive; the degree of satisfaction is high. If the group satisfaction out of theirinterpersonal interaction and workplace becomes satisfying leading to job satisfaction.Effect of Job Satisfaction: Job satisfaction has a variety of effects. These effects may be seen in the contextof an individuals physical and mental health, productivity, absenteeism, and turnover.Physical and Mental Health: The degree of job satisfaction affects an individuals physical and mental health.Since job satisfaction is a type of mental feeling, its favorableness or unfavourableness 15
  • 16. affects the individual psychologically which ultimately affects his physical health. Forexample Lawler has pointed out that drug abuse, alcoholism, and mental and physicalhealth result from psychologically harmful jobs. Further, since a job is and importantpart of life, job satisfaction influences general life satisfaction. The result is that there isspillover effect which occurs in both directions between job and life satisfaction.Productivity: There are two views about the relationship between job satisfaction and productivity: 1. A happy worker is a productive worker. 2. A happy worker is not necessarily a productive worker. The first view establishes a direct cause-effect relationship between job satisfactionand productivity; when job satisfaction increases, productivity increases; when jobsatisfaction decreases, productivity decreases. The basic logic behind this is that a happyworker will put more efforts for job performance. However, this may not be true in allcases. For example, a worker having low expectations from his job may feel satisfied buthe may not put his efforts more vigorously because of his low expectations from the job.Therefore, this view does not explain fully the complex relationship between jobsatisfaction and productivity. The another view: that is a satisfied worker is not necessarily a productive workerexplains the relationship between job satisfaction and productivity. Various researchstudies also support this view. This relationship may be explained in terms of theoperation and organizational expectations from individuals for job performance. 1. Job performance leads to job satisfaction and not the other way round. The basicfactor for this phenomenon is the rewards (a source of satisfaction) attached withperformance. There are two types of rewards-intrinsic and extrinsic. The intrinsicreward stems from the job itself which may be in the form of growth potential,challenging job, etc. the satisfaction on such a type of reward may help to increaseproductivity. The extrinsic reward is subject to control by management such as salary,bonus, etc. any increase in these factors does not help to increase productivity thoughthese factors increase job satisfaction. 16
  • 17. 2. A happy worker does not necessarily contribute to higher productivity because hehas to operate under certain technological constraints and, therefore, he cannot go beyondcertain output. Further, this constraint affects the managements expectations from theindividual in the form of lower output. Thus, the work situation is pegged to minimallyacceptable level of performance. However, it does not mean that the job satisfaction has no impact on productivity.A satisfied worker may not necessarily lead to increased productivity but a dissatisfiedworker leads to lower productivity.Absenteeism: Absenteeism refers to the frequency of absence of a job holder from theworkplace either unexcused absence due to some avoidable reasons or long absence dueto some unavoidable reasons. It is the former type of absence which is a matter ofconcern. This absence is due to lack satisfaction from the job which produces a ‘lack ofwill to work’ and alienate a worker from work as far as possible. Thus, Job satisfaction isrelated to absenteeism.Employee Turnover: Turnover of employees is the rate at which employees leave theorganization within a given period of time. As discussed earlier in this chapter underdefense mechanism, when an individual feels dissatisfaction in the organization, he triesto overcome this through the various ways of defense mechanism. If he is not able to doso, he opts to leave the organization. Thus, in general case, employee turnover is relatedto job satisfaction. However, job satisfaction is not the only cause of employee turnover,the other cause being better opportunity elsewhere. For example, in the present context,the rate of turnover of computer software professionals is very high in India. However,these professionals leave their organizations not simply because they are not satisfied butbecause of the opportunities offered from other sources particularly from foreigncompanies located abroad. 17
  • 18. Improving Job Satisfaction: Job satisfaction plays significant role in the organization. Therefore, managersshould take concrete steps to improve the level of job satisfaction. These steps may be inthe form of job redesigning to make the job more interesting and challenging, improvingquality of work life, linking rewards with performance, and improving overallorganizational climate. As part of a larger project whose goal was to create an employee-driven, survey-improvement process six factors that influenced job satisfaction. When these sixfactors were high, job satisfaction was high. When the six factors were low, jobsatisfaction was low. These factors are similar to what we have found in otherorganizations. 18
  • 19. 19
  • 20. Opportunity: Employees are more satisfied when they have challenging opportunities at work.This includes chances to participate in interesting projects, jobs with a satisfying degreeof challenge and opportunities for increased responsibility. Important: this is not simply"promotional opportunity." As organizations have become flatter, Promotions can berare. People have found challenge through projects; team Leadership, specialassignments-as well as promotions.Actions: • Promote from within when possible. • Reward promising employees with roles on interesting projects. • Divide jobs into levels of increasing leadership and responsibility. It may be possible to create job titles that demonstrate increasing levels of expertise, which are not limited by availability of positions. They simply demonstrate achievement Stress. When negative stress is continuously high, job satisfaction is low. Jobs are morestressful if they interfere with employees personal lives or are a continuing source ofworry or concern.Actions: • Promote a balance of work and personal lives. Make sure that senior managers model this behavior. • Distribute work evenly (fairly) within work teams. • Review work procedures to remove unnecessary "red tape" or bureaucracy. • Manage the number of interruptions employees have to endure while trying to do their jobs. • Some organizations utilize exercise or "fun" breaks at work. 20
  • 21. Leadership. Employees are more satisfied when their managers are good leaders. Thisincludes motivating employees to do a good job, striving for excellence or just takingaction.Actions: • Make sure your managers are well trained. Leadership combines attitudes and behavior. It can be learned. • People respond to managers that they can trust and who inspire them to achieve meaningful goals. Work Standards.Employees are more satisfied when their entire workgroup takes pride in the quality of its work. Actions: • Encourage communication between employees and customers. Quality gains importance when employees see its impact on customers. • Develop meaningful measures of quality. Celebrate achievements in quality.Trap: be cautious of slick, "packaged" campaigns that are perceived as superficial andpatronizing.Fair Rewards. Employees are more satisfied when they feel they are rewarded fairly forthe work they do. Consider employee responsibilities, the effort they have put forth, thework they have done well and the demands of their jobs. 21
  • 22. Actions: • Make sure rewards are for genuine contributions to the organization. • Be consistent in your reward policies. • If your wages are competitive, make sure employees know this. • Rewards can include a variety of benefits and perks other than money.As an added benefit, employees who are rewarded fairly, experience less stress.Adequate Authority. Employees are more satisfied when they have adequate freedom andauthority to do their jobs.Actions: When reasonable: • Let employees make decisions. • Allow employees to have input on decisions that will affect them. • Establish work goals but let employees determine how they will achieve those goals. Later reviews may identify innovative "best practices." • Ask, "If there were just one or two decisions that you could make, which ones would make the biggest difference in your job?"Employees with higher job satisfaction: • Believe that the organization will be satisfying in the long run • Care about the quality of their work • Are more committed to the organization • Have higher retention rates, and • Are more productive. 22
  • 23. Recognition. Individuals at all levels of the organization want to be recognized for theirachievements on the job. Their successes dont have to be monumental before theydeserve recognition, but your praise should be sincere. If you notice employees doingsomething well, take the time to acknowledge their good work immediately. Publiclythank them for handling a situation particularly well. Write them a kind note of praise. Orgive them a bonus, if appropriate. You may even want to establish a formal recognitionprogram, such as "employee of the month."Advancement. Reward loyalty and performance with advancement. If you do not havean open position to which to promote a valuable employee, consider giving him or her anew title that reflects the level of work, he or she has achieved. When feasible, supportemployees by allowing them to pursue further education, which will make them morevaluable to your practice and more fulfilled professionally. • Job satisfaction is good not only for employees but employers, too; it increases productivity and decreases staff turnover. • An organizations policies, if unclear or unfair, can stand in the way of employee satisfaction. • Employees need a reasonable amount of social interaction on the job. • Employees also need some degree of personal space, which diffuses tension and improves working conditions. • To begin motivating employees, help them believe that their work is meaningful. • To help employees achieve on the job, provide them with ongoing feedback and adequate challenge • When your employees do good work, recognize them for it immediately. • To increase an employees sense of responsibility, do not simply give them more work; give them freedom and authority as well. • You can help employees advance in their professional lives by promoting them, when appropriate, or encouraging continuing education. 23
  • 24. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMA STYDY ON EMPLOYEE JOB SATISFACTION: Employee satisfaction and retention have always been important issues forphysicians. After all, high levels of absenteeism and staff turnover can affect your bottomline, as temps, recruitment and retraining take their toll. But few practices (in fact, feworganizations) have made job satisfaction a top priority, perhaps because they have failedto understand the significant opportunity that lies in front of them. Satisfied employeestend to be more productive, creative and committed to their employers, and recent studieshave shown a direct correlation between staff satisfaction and patient Satisfaction.1Family physicians who can create work environments that attract, motivateand retain hard-working individuals will be better positioned to succeed in a competitivehealth care environment that demands quality and cost-efficiency. Whats more,physicians may even discover that by creating a positive workplace for their employees,They’ve increased their own job satisfaction as well. 24
  • 25. OBJECTIVES: 1. To know the satisfaction level towards the behaviors of peers and superiors. 2. To study the level of satisfaction towards his salary and also other benefits which are provided by the company? 3. To study the ESI facilities and safety measures which are provided by the company? 4. To suggest the company about the measures to be taken for more employee satisfaction. 25
  • 26. RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGYThe research design used for the study is the descriptive research design. In this designstructural information is used to gather information.METHODOLOGY:SAMPLING METHOD: The two major methods are probability and non-probabilitysampling technique. The study requires probability method since the sample was chosenor random. Hence the study was dealt with sample random tool, which is one of the mostpopular method sampling.SOURCES OF DATA:PRIMARY DATA COLLECTION: Primary data are those, which are collected afresh and for the firsttime and thus happen to be original in character, questions and interviews methods wereaccede to collect primary data by visiting the factory premises and various departments init. It was collected from the employees working in the factory. By using both thequestionnaire method and interview method. I would gather information from theemployees who was not willing or who did not have time for or who was shy about it.SECONDARY DATA COLLECTION: It is collected from the internal records of the company such aslibrary records, trade journals, various manuals of the company, various trainingprograms previously conducted and it’s responds etc; It is also conducted from theofficials of the pursued department in the factory. Secondary data provides a better view 26
  • 27. of the problem study many magazines, tools and other references were also meanimportant in this study.TOOLS FOR DATA COLLECTION:SURVEY METHOD: The most widely used technique of gathering primary data is thesurvey method. The sources interviewed personally at the place of work and also withquestionnaires. It is a direct and more flexible form of investigation involving face- to-face communication and through recorded questionnaires filled in personally. Theinformation is qualitative, quantitative and accurate. The rate of refusal is low; it offers asense of participation to the respondents. It usually leads to broader range of data thanobservation on experimentation methods. The data collected is tabulated and interpretedto draw conclusion.FIELD WORK: It is an important method of data collection. The questionnaire is usedfor interviewing the respondents. Additional questions (Personal interviews) can be usedto secure more information. The respondents are interviewed in the factory.SAMPLE DESIGN FOR THE STUDY: SAMPLING METHOD: Stratified sampling method. SAMPLE SIZE : 100(Consists of Production, Finance, Human Resource, Systems, Marketing, Quality) SAMPLE UNIT : Employees of K.MOHAN & CO (Exports) Pvt. Ltd 27
  • 28. DATA ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION1. TABLE SHOWING PERSONALITY OF THE RESPONDENTSTABLE: 1S.NO. RESPONSE RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGE1 Male 56 472 Female 64 53 Total 120 100INFERENCE: From the above table, the analysis shows that, 46.7 % of therespondents are male and the remaining 53.3 % are female. The total respondents are 120members. 28
  • 29. GRAPH:1 From the above table the chart is as follows. RESPONDENT GENDER 54 53 52 PERCENTAGES 51 50 49 PERCENTAGE 48 47 46 45 44 Male Female GENDERS 29
  • 30. 2. EDUCATION OF THE EMPLOYEETABLE: 2S.NO. QUALIFICATION NO.OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 Post graduate 12 102 Diploma/degree 26 223 SSLC/PUC/ITI 36 304 Less than SSLC 46 38 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The interpretation of the above table is,10% of the respondents are postgraduates,21.7 % are diploma/degree holders,30 % are belonged to SSLC/PUC/ITI,38.3% are having their qualification as less than SSLC. 30
  • 31. GRAPH:2The graph showing the different percentages of education of the employees. EDUCATION OF THE EMPLOYEES 50 PERCENTAGE 40 30 Series1 20 10 0 ee e LC I /IT at gr SS du C de U ra an /P a/ tg LC m th s lo Po ss SS ip Le D QUALIFICATION 31
  • 32. 3. BELONGING CATEGORYTABLE: 3S.NO. CATEGORY NO. OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 Staff 28 232 Employee 92 77 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that the category of humanresources i.e. staff and employees .This can be concluded as 23.3 % recorded as staffmembers and remaining 76.6 % are recorded as employees in K MOHAN & CO(EXPORTS) GARMENTS. 32
  • 33. GRAPH:3The graph showing the category of employees. EMPLOYEE CATEGORY 90 80 PERCENTAGES 70 60 50 PERCENTAGES 40 30 20 10 0 Staff Employee CATEGORY 33
  • 34. 4. BASIC SALARY OF THE EMPLOYEETABLE: 4S.NO. BASIC SALARY NO OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 Below 5,000 82 682 5,000 to 15,000 16 133 15,000 to 30,000 18 154 Above 30,000 4 4 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that the respondent’s basicsalary.63.3 % respondents getting below 5,000 as their basic salary, 13.3 are falling inbetween 5,000 to 15,000, 15 % comes under 15,000 to 30,000 and the remaining 3.4 aregetting above 30,000 as their basic salaries. This can be concluded that most of therespondents are getting below 5,000 as basic salary. 34
  • 35. GRAPH:4The graph showing the basic salaries of the employees. CHART SHOWING THEBASIC SALARYOF THE RESPONDENTS 80 70 60 PERCENTAGES 50 40 PERCENTAGES 30 20 10 0 Below 5,000 to 15,000 Above 5,000 15,000 to 30,000 30,000 BASIC SALARIES 35
  • 36. 5. WORK EXPERIENCE OF THE EMPLOYEE IN THE ORGANISATIONTABLE: 5S.NO. WORK EXPERIENCE NO.OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 Below one year 24 202 More than one year 32 273 More than three years 48 404 More than five years 16 13 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that the work experience ofthe employees is recorded as 20 % belonging to below one year, 26.7 % belonging tomore than one year, only 13.3 % belonging to more than 5 years and finally 40 % ofemployees belonging to more than three years. 36
  • 37. GRAPH: 5The chart showing the work experience of the Employees in the organization. WORK EXPERIENCE IN THIS ORGANISATION More than five years EXPERIENCE More than three years PERCENTAGES More than one year Below one year 0 20 40 60 PERCENTAGES 37
  • 38. 6.SATISFACTION TOWARDS PICK AND DROP FACILITYTABLE: 6S.NO. PICK & DROP NO.OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGE1 Satisfied 52 432 Not satisfied 68 57 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that the opinion of Pick &Drop facility provided in K MOHAN & CO(EXPORTS) GARMENTS. This can berecorded as 43.3% of employees are satisfied and remaining 56.7% are not satisfied. 38
  • 39. GRAPH:6The chart showing the satisfaction level on Pick and Drop facility. SATISFACTION TOWARDS PICK & DROP Satisfied Not 43% satisfied 57% 39
  • 40. 7.SATISFACTION LEVEL TOWARDS FREE CANTEENTABLE: 7S.NO. FREE CANTEEN NO.OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 Satisfied 102 852 Not Satisfied 18 15 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that the opinion on FreeCanteen facility provided in K MOHAN & CO(EXPORTS) GARMENTS. This can berecorded as 85% of employees are satisfied and remaining 15% are not satisfied. 40
  • 41. GRAPH:7The chart showing the opinion on Free Canteen facility provided by the organization. SATISFACTION TOWARDS FREE CANTEEN Not Satisfied 15% Satisfied 85% 41
  • 42. 8.SATISFACTION WITH PEERS AND SUPERIORS BEHAVIOURS:TABLE: 8S.NO. PEERS & SUPERIORS NO OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES BEHAVIOURS1 Satisfied 96 802 Not Satisfied 24 20 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that the coordination betweenthe Peers and Superiors in K MOHAN & CO(EXPORTS) GARMENTS. This can berecorded as 80% of employees are satisfied and remaining 20% are not satisfied. 42
  • 43. GRAPH:8The Graph showing the satisfaction level on Peers and Superiors in the organization. TOWARDS PEERS AND SUPERIORS BEHAVIOURS 90 80 PERCENTAGES 70 60 50 Series1 40 30 20 10 0 Satisfied Not Satisfied SATISFACTION TOWARDS PEERS & SUPERIORS BEHAVIOURS 43
  • 44. 9.THE TABLE SHOWING THE BONUS ALLOWANCES FROM THECOMPANYTABLE: 9S.NO. BONUS NO OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 In six months 4 32 In a year 110 923 More than one year 2 24 No bonus 4 3 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that the procedure of issuingthe bonus allowance in K MOHAN & CO(EXPORTS) GARMENTS. This can berecorded as 3.3% of the employees getting their bonus once in six months, 91.7%employees in a year, 1.7% getting in more than one year and 3.3% are not getting bonusover the study period. 44
  • 45. GRAPH:9The graph showing the issuing procedure of bonus allowances. BONUS ALLOWANCES FROM THE COMPANY No bonus 3% More than In six one year months 2% 3% In a year 92% 45
  • 46. 10.THE TABLE SHOWING THE REASON FOR GETTING OF BONUS.TABLE: 10S.NO. BONUS BEEN ANNOUNCED NO OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 On employee working 16 13 performance2 On companies profitability 104 87 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that the reason for getting ofbonus in K MOHAN & CO(EXPORTS) GARMENTS. This can be recorded as 13.3%of employees are getting bonus because of working performance and remaining 86.7%depends on companies profitability. 46
  • 47. GRAPH:10The graph showing the reason for issuing of bonus in the company. ON BONUS SCHEMES PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY 90 80 70 60 PERCENTA 50 GES 40 30 20 Series1 10 0 On employee On working companies performance profitability ON DIFFERENT VARIABLES 47
  • 48. 11.SATISFACTION TOWARD LOANS AND ADVANCES ISSUED BY THECOMPANYTABLE: 11S.NO. LOANS & ADVANCES NO OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 Yes 48 402 No 35 293 Not know 37 31 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that the opinion on issuing ofloans and advances in K MOHAN & CO(EXPORTS) GARMENTS. This can berecorded as 40% respondents were eligible for loans, 29.2% were not eligible for loansand remaining 30.8% respondents don’t know about, that they were eligible or not. 48
  • 49. GRAPH:11The graph showing the eligibility for loans and advances. SATISFACTION TOWARDS LOANS AND ADVANCES Not know SATISFACTION OF LOANS AND ADVANCES No Series1 Yes 0 10 20 30 40 PERCENTAGES 49
  • 50. 12.RESPONSE TOWARDS INCREMENTATION OF EMPLOYEE’S SALARIESTABLE: 12S.NO. SALARY IS NO.OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 Incrementing 106 882 Not Incrementing 14 12 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that, there is any incrementingin their salaries or not in K MOHAN & CO(EXPORTS) GARMENTS. This can berecorded as 88.3% of employees had incrementing in their salaries and remaining 11.7%had no any incrementing in their salaries. 50
  • 51. GRAPH:12The graph showing the respondents opinion on Incrementation of their salaries TOWARDS SALARY INCREMENTATION 100 PERCENTAGES 80 60 Series1 40 20 0 g g tin tin en en em em cr cr In In ot N RESPONSE 51
  • 52. 13.RESPONSE TOWARDS COMPANIES PROFITABILITY DURING LAST 5YEARSTABLE: 13S.NO. COMPANIES PROFITS NO OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 Incrementing 98 822 Decrementing 22 18 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that, 81.7 % of therespondents said that companies profitability is increasing from the last five years, andthe remaining 18.3 respondents says that it is decreasing.. 52
  • 53. GRAPH:13The graph showing the respondents opinion on company’s profitability from the last 5years. TOWARDS COMPANIES PROFITABILITY 90 80 70 PERCENTAGES 60 50 Series1 40 30 20 10 0 Incrementing Decrementing COMPANIES PROFITS FROM THE RESPONDENTS THOUGHTS 53
  • 54. 14.REGARDING THE FOOD PROVIDED BY THE CANTEENTABLE: 14S.NO. FOOD NO OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 Bad 15 132 Not Bad 45 373 Good 50 424 Very Good 10 8 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that, the food provided in thecanteen .12.2 % respondents feel that the food is bad.37.5% said that the food is notbad,41.7% response is that the food is good, and the remaining 8.3 % says that the foodis very good. 54
  • 55. GRAPH:14The graph showing the opinion on the food provided by the canteen. REGARDING CANTEEN FOOD 45 40 PERCENTAGES 35 30 25 20 PERCENTAGES 15 10 5 0 Bad Not Good Very Bad Good FOOD TOWARDS RESPONDENTS OPENION 55
  • 56. 15.A TABLE SHOWING SATISFACTION LEVEL OF HIS JOB TIMINGSTABLE: 15S.NO. JOB TIMINGS NO OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 Satisfied 92 772 Not Satisfied 28 23 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that, 76.6 % respondents feeltheir job timings are satisfied and 23.3 % respondents are not satisfied with their jobtimings. 56
  • 57. GRAPH:15The graph showing the satisfaction towards job timings. SATISFACTION TOWARDS JOB TIMINGS Not Satisfied 23% Satisfied 77% 57
  • 58. 16.REGARDING ESI FACILITIES WHICH ARE PROVIDED BY THECOMPANYTABLE: 16S.NO. RESPONSE ON ESI NO OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 Yes 34 422 No 46 58 TOTAL 80 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that, the ESI facility providedby the company.42% says that they are utilizing ESI facility and the remaining 58 %were not utilizing. 58
  • 59. GRAPH: 16The graph showing the utilization of ESI facilities by the employees. REGARDING ESI FACILITIES Yes 42% No 58% 59
  • 60. 17.RESPONSE TOWARD SAFETY MEASURES, WHICH ARE PROVIDED BYTHE COMPANYTABLE: 17S.NO. SAFETY MEASURES NO OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 Yes 110 922 No 10 8 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that, 91.7 % employees saidthat the company is provided safety measures, and the remaining 8.3 % said that there isno safety measures. 60
  • 61. GRAPH:17The graph showing the respondents opinion on safety measures. RESPONSE TOWARDS SAFETY MEASURES 100 80 PERCENTAGES 60 PERCENTAGES 40 20 0 Yes No RESPONDENTS 61
  • 62. 18.RESPONSE OF EMPLOYEE TOWARDS HIS JOB APPROACHTABLE: 18S.NO. GOT JOB NO OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 Recommendation 28 232 Skill 92 77 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that, 23.3 % respondents aregetting their jobs by recommendation, and the remaining 76.7 % depends on their skill. 62
  • 63. GRAPH:18 Response towards his job approach. TOWARDS HIS JOB APPROACH Recommendation Skill 63
  • 64. 19.RESPONDENTS SATISFACTION LEVEL OF COMPANIESINFRASTRUCTURETABLE: 19S.NO. COMPANIES INFRACTURE NO OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 Satisfied 68 572 Not Satisfied 52 43 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that, 56.7% respondents weresatisfied with the company’s infrastructure, and the remaining 43.3 % respondents werenot satisfied 64
  • 65. GRAPH: 19The graph showing the satisfaction towards company’s infrastructure COMPANIES INFRASTRUCTURE 60 50 40 PERCENTA 30 GES 20 PERCENTAGES 10 0 Satisfied Not Satisfied RESPONDENTS VIEW 65
  • 66. 20.SATISFACTION OF EMPLOYEE TOWARDS HIS SALARYTABLE: 20S.NO. SALARY NO OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 Satisfied 78 652 Not Satisfied 42 35 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The data provided in the above table shows that, 65 % respondents aresatisfied with their salary and the remaining 35 % were not satisfied with their salaries.GRAPH:20 66
  • 67. The graph showing the satisfaction level of salaries RESPONDENTS SALARY SATISFACTION 70 60 50 PERCENTA 40 GES 30 20 PERCENTAGES 10 0 Satisfied Not Satisfied RESPONDENTS VIEW 67
  • 68. 21.TOWARDS JOB SATISFACTIONTABLE: 21S.NO JOB SATISFACTION NO OF RESPONDENTS PERCENTAGES1 Up to 25 % 16 132 25%to50% 31 263 50%to75% 64 534 Up to 100% 9 8 TOTAL 120 100INFERENCE: The analysis of the above table shows that, 13.3 % respondents are having jobsatisfaction up to 25 %., 25.8 % respondents are being in between 25-50% jobsatisfaction., under 50-75% there is a 53.4 % of respondents and finally 7.5 percentageof respondents are having job satisfaction up to 100 %. 68
  • 69. GRAPH:21The graph showing the satisfaction on their jobs in the organization. RESPONDENTS JOB SATISFACTION CHART 60 50 PERCENTAGES 40 NO OF 30 RESPONDENTS 20 10 0 0% % 0% 5% 25 10 5 7 to to to to % % p 25 50 p U U SATISFACTION 69
  • 70. FINDINGS 1. Majority of the respondents are having the experience in between 1-3 years and poor percentage of employees are having above 5 years experience in this organization. 2. In my study, poor percentage of employees are of PG holders and the remaining majority people are having less than SSLC as their educational qualifications. 3. Majority of the employees are female and most of the respondents belonging to employee category than staff. 4. Most of the employees are getting basic salaries below 5,000 and a minor part of the employees getting their basic as above 30,000. 5. Employee attitude is positive towards canteen facilities, large number of employees is agreed that it is good and a few numbers response is towards poor. 6. Employee response is negative towards pick & drop facility, which is provided by the company. Only one shift of employees are benefited with pick & drop and the remaining two shifts were not having bus facility. 7. 92% of the respondents are satisfied with the safety measures which are provided by the company and the remaining 8 % said that they were not satisfied. 8. More than 58% of the workers are not aware of ESI benefits and minor part of the workers felt that ESI benefits are good. 9. Most of the respondent’s attitude is bonus will be announced on the company’s profitability and it had been announced once in a year. 10. Majority (80%) of the employees satisfied with the peers and superiors behaviors and 20 % of the respondents were not satisfied. 70
  • 71. 11. 40% of the employees were well known about the loans and advances issued by the company and they were utilizing them, 29% are not utilizing them and the remaining 31% were not know about the loans and advances in the organization. 12. 65% of the respondents in the organization are satisfied with their salaries and the remaining 35% were not satisfied with the salaries. 13. In my study, 57% of respondent’s attitude is positive in the case of company’s infrastructure and the remaining 43 % respondents attitude is negative. 14. Majority of the respondents job satisfaction falling in between 50%-75% and a minor part of the respondent’s job satisfaction is up to 100%.SUGGESTIONS 71
  • 72. LIMITATIONSLIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY: 1. Some of the information given by the respondents may not be accurate. 2. Time period to be the major limitation. 3. Due to lack of time, the study is confined only to the few employees. 4. The area of study is limited to K.MOHAN & CO (Exports) Pvt Ltd only. 72
  • 73. 5. The questions that we asked being personal, some of workmen hesitated to answer some questions like their salary details and the relation with their superiors.A STUDY ON EMPLOYEE JOB SATISFACTION TOWARDS K MOHAN &CO(EXPORTS) GARMENTS, B’LORE.QUESTIONNAIREPART: A 73
  • 74. 1. Name of the Respondent: 2. Age: 3. Sex: (Male / Female) 4. Educational Qualification: 1. Post Graduate: 2. Diploma / Degree Holder: 3. SSLC / PUC / ITI: 4. Less than SSLC: 5. Belonging Category: 1. Staff ( ) 2. Employee ( ) 6. Department: 7. Basic Salary:[ ] A)Below 5,000 B)5,000-15,000 C)15,000-30,000 D) Above 30,000PART: B 74
  • 75. 8. Since how long you are working in this Organization? 1. Below one year 2. More than one year 3. More than three years 4. More than five years9. Is the company provided the following facilities to you like? 1. Pick and Drop (Y/N) 2. Free Canteen (Y/N) 3. Quarters (Y/N)10. Are you satisfied with your pears & superiors behavior?11. Is company allowing bonus 1. In six months 2. In a year 3. More than one year 4. No bonus12. Are bonus been announced 1. Based on employees working performance 2. Based on companies profitability13. Are you satisfied with the loans and advances issued by the company?14. Is the company incrementing salary for its workers?15.What is company’s profitability during last five years? 1. Increasing 2. Deceasing 75
  • 76. 16. Are the food provided by the company is a. Bad b. Not bad c. Good d. Very Good17. Are you satisfied with job timings (Y/ N)?18. Is any ESI facility provided by the company (Y / N)?19. Are you satisfied with the pick & drop facility provided by the company?20. Is there any safety measures for the labour who are working with huge machineries (Y / N)?21. You got job by a. By Recommendation b. By skill22. Reason for joining in this company?23. Any Reason for quitting the company?24. Are you satisfied with the company infrastructure?25. Are you satisfied with your salary?26. Your job satisfaction is up to a. Up to 25% b. 25% to 50% 3. 50% to 75% 4. Up to 100%SIGNATURE 76
  • 77. 77

×