2. REBECCA BRIDGE @REBECCABRIDGE
I AM A CONTENT
WHAT MEAN A
3. BEFORE WE GET INTO FAILING LIKE YOU
4. I’d like to begin this marketing presentation with
the most logical marketing topic I can think of:
5. SHELLFISH BY RICHARD BRAUTIGAN
Always spend a penny
as if you were spending a dollar
and always spend a dollar
as if you were spending
a wounded eagle and always
spend a wounded eagle as if
you were spending the very sky itself.
6. FROM “THE CATCHER IN THE RYE” BY J.D. SALINGER
“Take most people, they're crazy about cars.
They worry if they get a little scratch on them,
and they're always talking about how many
miles they get to a gallon, and if they get a
brand-new car already they start thinking
about trading it in for one that's even newer. I
don't even like old cars. I mean they don't
even interest me. I'd rather have a goddamn
horse. A horse is at least human, for God's
sake.” -Holden Caulfield
8. “Poets are our original systems thinkers. They look at our
most complex environments and they reduce the
complexity to something they begin to understand.”
What does this
have to do with
10. IF A WEBSITE’S CONTENT
IS SOLID THAT IS POETRY
11. THIS IS NOT WHAT I MEAN WHEN I SAY
THAT IT’S OKAY TO FAIL BIG AT
12. IT’S NEVER OKAY TO FAIL AT THE
CONTENT ESSENTIALS OF A
16. WHEN YOU GET THAT DONE, YOU CAN
MOVE ON TO THE FUN AND FLASHY STUFF,
LIKE METAPHORICAL NOVEL WRITING.
17. When I say “Fail Big at Content” I mean fail big at
18. Now That’s a Lot of Resources!
21. BUT WE’RE AFRAID TO DO IT AND THAT’S
22. WE’RE NOT STARTING CONVERSATIONS,
WE’RE JUMPING IN IN THE MIDDLE.
23. WE HAVE LOTS OF REASONS TO STICK WITH THE NORM
IT’S TOO EXPENSIVE or
THE CLIENT MIGHT HATE IT or
THE INTERNET MIGHT HATE IT or
IT MIGHT NOT GO VIRAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE REWARD ISN’T WORTH THE RISK
24. But it’s expensive!
25. You Know Who Doesn’t Have Cash?
28. It Didn’t Go Viral, That’s Not What We Expected. Anyhow, it Did Something Better…
29. BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHO ISN’T AFRAID TO TAKE A RISK ON CONTENT?
30. THE BIG BOYS
31. McDonalds or Coke or Red Bull
32. First Things First
Is it Racist,
There’s risky -
And then there’s just stupid.
33. Do You Hate It?
34. You’re Afraid of Failure
35. Failure ≠ Stupidity
36. Once Upon a Time…
37. Failure is how we learn.
It’s how we make adjustments.