1. Made by: Andrea Gonzalez, Sigrid Barrios,Gabriela Seigné, and Estrella Yat.
2. Operating systems encharges of some functions of the computer like check connectivity to internet creates and prints new documents, play music , turn off and on the computer and do some test to see if it’s working okay.
3. There are four general types of operating systems. Their use depends on the type of computer and the type of applications that will be run on those computers. Real-time operating systems (RTOS) are used to control machinery, scientific instruments, and industrial systems. In general, the user does not have much control over the functions performed by RTOS. Single-user, single-task operating systems allow one user to do one thing at a time. An example of a single-user, single-task operating system is the operating system used by personal digital assistants (PDAs), also known as handheld computers.
4. Single-user, multi-tasking operating systems allow a single user to simultaneously run multiple applications on their computer. This is the type of operating system found on most personal desktop and laptop computers. The three most common operating systems for personal computers are Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X, and Linux.
5. UNIX and UNIX-like operating systems (such asLinux) consist of a kernel and some systemprograms. There are also some applicationprograms for doing work. The kernel is the heartof the operating system. In fact, it is oftenmistakenly considered to be the operating systemitself, but it is not. An operating system providesprovides many more services than a plain kernel.
6. iOSMac OS XMac OSMicrosoft WindowsAndroid
7. An operating system is a set of programs that manage computer hardware resources and provide common services for application software. The operating system is a vital component of the system software in a computer system.
8. Is one of the best resources available online for people who are looking for much needed information for your cheap laptops and personal computers. Is the systems software that allows all the dissimilar hardware and software components to work. It consists of a set of programs that manages all the computers resources. The operating systems include the data in main memory and in auxiliary storage. And provides services that are needed by applications and software, such as reading data from a hard disk.
9. Is a software program thatenables the computerhardware to communicateand operate with thecomputer software.
10. Disk Operating System Windows Macintosh
11. UNIX and UNIX-like operating systems (such as Linux) consist of a kernel and some system programs. There are also some application programs for doing work. The kernel is the heart of the operating system. It is often mistakenly considered to be the operating system itself, but it is not.
12. Examples of Parts of an O.S Kernel Shell Tools Apps