1. Paul Newman: His Life in Photographs Renaissance Man Actor, director, business man, philanthropist, race car driver were only a few of the mantles worn by Paul Newman who died at his home in Westport, Connecticut, Friday, Sep. 26, 2008. He was 83.
2. All the World's a Stage After serving in World War II and graduating college, Newman made his way to New York and The Actor's Studio. He ended up on Broadway, and played along side Geraldine Page in Tennessee William's Sweet Bird of Youth .
3. Scene from a Marriage Somewhat reluctantly, Newman went to Hollywood in the mid-1950s were he transitioned into film acting. He and his co-star Elizabeth Taylor were both nominated for Academy Awards in 1958 for their performances in the film adaptation of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof .
4. Forever After After filming on The Long Hot Summer wrapped, Newman married his co-star Joanne Woodward, his second wife.
5. <ul><ul><li>Comforter The couple relaxes in bed in 1959 . </li></ul></ul>
6. The Breaks In the 1961 classic The Hustler , Newman plays a small-time pool shark &quot;Fast Eddie&quot; Felson searching for money and respect. He was again nominated for Best Actor.
7. The In Crowd Newman and Alfred Hitchcock greet Lord Snowdon and Princess Margaret during a visit to the Universal Studios.
8. On the Town Elizabeth Taylor and Newman talk shop at a table with Roddy McDowell. By 1964, Newman had starred in over 20 films.
9. Film Maker Newman looks through the lens while on set. Over the years, he has produced and directed 12 pictures.
10. Shave and a Haircut A barber works on Newman's hair while he reads the paper on the set of Moving Target .
11. Sportsman Newman fishes with a friend in 1967 .
12. Failure to Communicate. One of Newman's most iconic performances was in the title role of Cool Hand Luke , in which he played a chain gang prisoner unable to accept. ..subjugation .
13. In 1969, Newman starred with Robert Redford and Katherine Ross in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid His portrayal of the amiable Cassidy ranks as another one of his memorable performances. One, Two, Three, Go!
14. Listening In Newman and Charles Welhan represent the United States at a special session of peace talks during the 10th UN General Assembly on Disarmament, 1978. Newman became active in politics in the late 1960s and soon found himself on Richard Nixon's enemies list.
15. Fund Raiser In 1982, the actor founded Newman's Own, a food product company. The line started with salad dressing and now includes pasta sauce, lemonade, popcorn, salsa, and wine. All of the company's profits are given to charity, nearly $250 million to date .
16. Bleeding Heart Newman poses with a group of children from the New York Foundling Hospital, 1983, after presenting the hospital with a check for $100, 000, the first year's profits of Newman's Own.
17. Start Your Engine Newman pushes his car into the pits as he prepares to practice for a support race of the Detroit Grand Prix. The actor-driver began auto racing in the early 1970s and in 1979, he finished second in the 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race.
18. Green Twenty-Five years after The Hustler , Martin Scorsese asked Newman to reprise his role of &quot;Fast&quot; Eddie Felson in The Color of Money . The role earned him the Academy Award for Best Actor.
19. Mise en Scene In 2002, Newman made his final on-screen performance in The Road to Perdition as a depression-era Illinois mob boss.
20. Staying Power In more than 50 years in the business, Newman had acted in over 50 films when he officially retired in 2007.
21. From 1956 through 2006, the versatile actor performed in some 60 movies. Here's a look back at the gems from a half-century career in film. &quot;Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head&quot; is a song written by Hal David and Burt Bacharach for the 1969 film Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, winning an Academy Award for Best Original Song. Further, David and Bacharach won Best Original Score. The version by B. J. Thomas was number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States in January, 1970 for four weeks.
22. MEBODY UP THERE LIKES ME (1956) THE RACK (1956) THE LONG, HOT SUMMER (1958) THE LEFT-HANDED GUN (1958) CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF (1958) THE HUSTLER (1961) HEMINGWAY'S ADVENTURES OF A YOUNG MAN (1962) HUD (1963) HARPER (1966) HOMBRE (1967) COOL HAND LUKE (1967) RACHEL, RACHEL (1968) BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID (1969) SOMETIMES A GREAT NOTION (1971) THE EFFECT OF GAMMA RAYS ON MAN-IN-THE-MOON MARIGOLDS (1972)
23. THE STING (1973) BUFFALO BILL AND THE INDIANS (1976) SLAP SHOT (1977) FORT APACHE THE BRONX (1981) ABSENCE OF MALICE (1981) THE VERDICT (1982) THE COLOR OF MONEY (1986) THE GLASS MENAGERIE (1987) MR. AND MRS. BRIDGE (1990) NOBODY'S FOOL (1994) TWILIGHT (1998) ROAD TO PERDITION (2002) OUR TOWN (2003) EMPIRE FALLS (2005) CARS (2006)
24. Diramar,september,2008 www.slideshare.net/Diramar &quot;Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head&quot; Internet search