DigitalSherpa’s 12 in 12 Webinar Series, presents:
DIY SEO Tactics for Small
Do-it-yourself search engine optimization tactics
specifically designed for the small business owners presented in 12 information packed slides.
Director, Content & Social
Sr. Inbound Marketing Manager
Q&A will immediately follow today’s presentation
• Post questions using Go-to-Webinar Chat Box
• Tweet your questions using #DIYSEO
How Does Search Engine
Optimization (SEO) Work?
What your website says it is about
What other websites say your website is about
Convincing search engines you are local!
Google Keyword Planner: http://bit.ly/16X4xFn
• Image Alt
• Body Copy
Number of linking domains
Authority of linking page/domain
Relevance of linking page/domain
Where the link points to
Authority doesn’t flow through some links (advertising)
11. Is this a legitimate link?
Local SEO Ranking Factors
1. (Good) Reviews
2. Real business address (not PO BOX or residential)
3. Citations: name, address, phone number (NAP)
4. Website with good relevance & authority
5. Correct categories
6. Centroid bias!