Creating Content that Converts
Director of Content & Social
Content Planning Questions
• Who is my audience?
• What kind of content will drive
conversions on my site?
• Where does my audience ‘hang out’
• Why do they need my product/service?
• When is the best time to reach them?
Content Planning Answers
• Who: college students in Midtown Atlanta near Georgia
• What: educational, shareable content; ebook/eguide,
blog posts, video, etc.
• Where: Google & social media; in particular Twitter,
Facebook, Instagram, & LinkedIn.
• Why: in need of off-campus housing, and the info
surrounding the decision.
• When: back to school months, pre & post semester.
1.Content must be high-quality, educational,
personalized, and branded to my audience.
2.Content should be created, published, and
promoted at the latest May, early June.
3.Google suggests a good handful of keyword
strings that I can use for blog post titles.
“Free Guide to Finding
the Best Apartments Near
Three-part Blog Series:
1. Narrowing Down Your
Georgia Tech Student
2. 5 Reasons to Live Off
Campus at Georgia
3. Everything Midtown
Atlanta Has to Offer
Landing Page Optimization
What is it you want them to do?
Guiding Goals When Creating a Landing
Landing Page Creation
Software or Program
Landing Page Form
of content offer
Clear and concise copy
that sells your visitor
Thank You Page
3 Golden Rules of LP Creation
1.Tell visitors exactly what you’re offering
(down to the specific # of pages)
2.Tell them why they can’t live without it
(‘…give you all the tools you need
3.Tell them what they need to do to get it
(‘just fill out the form & we’ll send
you a copy of…)
Send a personal email
relationship by being
available to answer
Don’t start selling
Become a resource
and they’ll most likely
become a new
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.