What does this mean to you?
• Where are you currently spending your time / budget
• Where should you be focussing your time and budget?
• Where are the biggest efficiencies?
• Lets start at the beginning.....
First Moment of Truth
• Your product / service
• Re-visit what it would be like to experience
your product for the first time
• What is your shelf? Website? Phone Call?
Second Moment of Truth
• Word of mouth has always been important but
now it’s not referrals it’s creating someone elses
• What is your CRM programme?
• How are you getting the most out of your
• Are you asking them to work for you?
• Are you satisfying their needs?
Zero Moment of Truth
• Combination of Content Marketing, Organic
Promotion, PR and Social Media
• Ensuring that you have consistency in
messaging and your product / Brand values
are communicated at ALL touchpoints
• This can be a new area to many....
links if any
Since Google’s Penguin and Panda update
social signals are becoming more and more of
a ranking factor.
Spearman’s rank correlation coefficient for SEO
by Search Metrics
Fresh content for Google
Increase in brand queries
Increase in impressions on Google SERPs
Choose a Topic
Distribute & Share Content
Measure & Track
Without content none of it works...
Zeal and Partners
Consistency – BRAND marketing
• Marketing is so much more fragmented, the more fragmentation
that occurs the more important brand becomes
• This doesn’t have to be big budget, it can be kept simple
• Produce some brand guidelines and stick to them, even if it’s not
the easiest path to choose
• Ensure all your collateral is branded
• Ensure your brand communicates what you want it to
10 things to do Today...
Mystery shop your own company / product
Visit / Revisit your brand and write some brand guidelines
Go to your shelf and find out if it’s working for you
Talk to your customers – the most cost effective way to start
Listen to your customers – social monitoring will tell you a lot
Look at your content and produce more
Respond to negativity – what is your customer service like
Google set up – Are you set up correctly?
Visit your competitors
Visit Google’s Zero of Moment of Truth
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.