Jitka Dvorakova (CZC.cz): Od trgovine do e-trgovine in nazaj
From retail to „e-tail“ and back
… more questions than answers…
1. Amazon times and what we never wanted…
- brands /manufacturers
- retail chains
- starting e-shops
2. seems that internet would not diminish……
- brands discuss about online strategy
- first direct relations
- price control applies
but also lobbying and protectionism
- you have to protect us….
- selective distribution and product displays
- exclusive models
- parallel imports and scaring the consumers
3. from brick-and-mortar shops to online
1. own website
- problematic strategy and price policy
- separated models
- mostly no synergies used
4. from online to pick-up points…
- no-confidence (existence, payments, return, complaints)
- shippers performance
- marketing and growth
- services and counselling ?!?
5. what drives consolidation and integration?!?
- doing things differently
- better cost structure
- balancing competition
- to keep topline & position
- market trend
7. price policy – big subject !!!
GEOGRAPHY & INFRASTRUCTURE
- China or Kazakhstan
- Czechia or Austria
- price vers. convenience
stakeholders in a process
- manufacturer /brand
- retail online vers. offline
8. and what will be the story end like?!?
- unlimited number of pick-up points?!?
- integrated pick-ups ?!?
- „storage cases“ ?!?
- local Post Service?!?
- shall we leave it to transport agencies?!?