14% trust advertisements. Entertained and introduced to products through advertising but vet out their choices through their friends
Who is your audience? What do they want to see?
Business page versus Personal Page – important to follow Facebook Terms of ServicePost and Interact! Consider creating a Group
Use a program like HootSuite or Tweetdeck so you can keep track of searchesPost interesting local news in addition to your blog post links and real estate newsCreate a local hashtag (example: #Berkshires or #WesternMA) and publicize it. If one already exists – MAKE USE OF IT when you post about local events
A place to interact, but also used by potential savvy clients to “check your resume” – make sure that your profile is up to date! You can post feeds from your blog, as well as post your travel updates through the widgets section.
The New Kid In Town- in its infancyPlus.google.comNew features added every day
Facebook – ask your friends! Watch the conversations on your friends’ personal profiles and ask for introductions. Add your business page to your email signatureTwitter – Search for local Hashtags. Search towns. Go to TweetGrader and search elite by location, follow them if they seem interesting and interact. http://tweet.grader.com/top/users . Google + - Search location in their search feature. Make sure your location (office) is keyed in.LinkedIn – Join Groups. Search businesses near you . Ask friends for introductions. Network!
Set up accounts Set up a schedule. Tell yourself you will check in every working dayIf you can’t figure something out, ask for help. Everyone was new first too.Join a Facebook group like Tech Support Group for Real Estate Agents – just watch if you want, but better if you interact http://www.facebook.com/groups/agentsupport/Get out in your community! Take pictures and video – video gets hard at first but is easier as you go along. Set up a YouTube channel to post your videos., and post them on your social media pages too.Create a community page on Facebook.Twitter – Search for local Hashtags. Search towns. Go to TweetGrader and search elite by location, follow them if they seem interesting and interact. http://tweet.grader.com/top/users . Google + - Search location in their search feature. Make sure your location (office) is keyed in.LinkedIn – Join Groups. Search businesses near you . Ask friends for introductions. Network!
1. The Faces of Social Media<br />More info and download at: <br />http://heyamaretto.com/2011/08/05/florida-realtors/<br />
2. My Contact Info…<br />Diane Guercio<br />See my About.Me for other places to find me:<br />http://about.me/dianeg<br />Towne & Country, Realtors, 124 N Main St, Leominster MA <br />
3. Social media isn’t about numbers…<br />It’s about people.<br />
4. From Social Media Revolution:<br />If Facebook were a country, it would be the world’s third largest<br />A new member joins LinkedIn every second<br />Generation Y and Z consider email passe<br />90% of consumers trust peer recommendation<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SuNx0UrnEo<br />
5. If everyone is doing social media, is it still relevant? Back in the late 90's, having a website put you ahead of the pack. In the early 2000's, not really ahead of the pack, anymore. Now, everyone *does* social...Is it a differentiator?<br />-John Scott Smith<br />
7. A Brief Description of Different Ways to Connect<br />
8. Your blog:<br />Your homebase – you own it<br />Check out these blogs for ideas:<br />Teresa Boardman stpaulrealestateblog.com/<br />Jay Thompson phoenixrealestateguy.com/blog/<br />Marlene Goldstein berkshirecountryhomesrealestate.com/berkshire-real-estate/<br />
9. Free Places to set up a Blog:<br />Weebly.com<br />Wordpress.com<br />Posterous.com<br />Blogger.com<br />Tumblr.com<br />Or get a blog designed based on the self-hosted Wordpress platform<br />
10. Facebook<br />Pages to check out:<br />Official Real Estate Referral Group http://www.facebook.com/RealEstateReferralGroup<br />Miamismhttp://www.facebook.com/miamism<br />
11. Twitter…<br />Set up an account and USE it. <br />
12. Local:<br />Hashtags – Follow people who are actively using them<br />http://localtweeps.com/<br />http://tweet.grader.com/ Go to Twitter Elite then Top Cities or use Search<br />
13. LinkedIn<br />
14. Google +<br />
15. The Internet is like an Open Air Food Bazaar – <br />Don’t be the Oatmeal vendor…<br />Image courtesy of http://free-stock-photos.com/<br />
16. Local<br />
17. Action Items:<br />Create accounts!<br />Schedule<br />Ask!<br />Take online offline<br />Create a community page or group on Facebook.<br />