Presentation North Central MA Association of Realtors- Facebook
Tips, Tricks and Lead Generation
• About.me/dianeg - online business card
• Large, cream, no sugar
RE/MAX Property Promotions
975 Merriam Ave., Suite 212
Leominster MA 01453
Me: 978-847-0814 Office: 978-847-0800
• Isn’t anything new! It is just being social/connecting in a
• Is a place to be seen and remind people who you are, and
that you have certain skillsets and expertise.
Facebook - Why Even
Facebook is another place to meet people and connect. For free.
• Beyond the social, to establish/brand yourself as the local
real estate expert
• People work with other people that they know, like, and
trust – and who are top of mind when they are ready to act
• Facebook can help people get to know you and help you
stay in front of them in a regular, non-invasive way
Figure out who your target audience(s) are –
then ask yourself:
What will they want to
How do I create a new list to organize my friends?
To create a new custom list:
From your home page, scroll down to the Friends section and click
Click Create List
Write in the list's name
Enter the names of friends you want to add to this list in the
The new list will now be an option when you add friends to lists.
Create a Community
Private Meeting Place – office, team
Condo complex, town sports, neighborhood
Usually less control than with a page – more social
What and When you post depends on your
Connect with people with good content and “share”
Links to news sources and blogs
Interesting Facebook pages
Local, local, local… no one knows better than you do!
Statewide real estate stats, with an explanation of what
that means for your area
• Video! Everyone loves local video
Social Media Quick Reminder…
• Don’t say anything online that you wouldn’t say in a
• Avoid drama and negativity
• Once it’s out there, it’s out there
“Start by being yourself. However customers relate to you
in person is how they should ideally relate to you online,
says Gama. “My number one tip is that whatever your
personality is in real life, make that shine online as well,”
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.