2. Literally meaning “is sung”, it is a voacl composition where a piece is sung usually with instrumental accompaniment. Bach is famed for close to 200 such compositions, mostly written for the Church.
3. Words: Ode to Joy, written by Friedrich Schiller Now, the official EU anthem. What?
6. After Walt Disney, he is the second-most nominated person with 47 Academy-Award nominations and has won it five times. He is well-known for his collaboration with Steven Spielberg and has scored almost all his feature films.
7*. A. R. Rahman, while working in an adjoining studio, happened to overhear one of X's vocal arrangements for a song and when they met a month later, A. R. Rahman offered X the opportunity to work with him. He started off as a vocalist in the 1999 film, Taj Mahal and his recent work includes Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Rockstar and 7 Khoon Maaf.
8. His obituary in The Economist read, “ His own manners were exquisitely courteous; he seemed to have stepped from the past, and even a shockingly fast drive in his Alfa Romeo might end with X, lost, finding his way home not by sat-nav but the stars.” He single-handedly revived the harpsichord, and made a recording of Bach's Art of the Fugue.
9. Derived from the arabic word meaning Drum, the invention of this instrument is attributed to Amir Khusrau, who split the mridangam into two thus creating X. Simply X
10. X's instruments are said to be among the finest tringed instruments in the world. However, acoustic analysis has never demonstrated that the instruments are in any way distinguishable from standard violins. Historically, the stringed instruments of Nicolo Amati and Jacob Stainer were chosen over X's, which were chosen for their subtle tone,
11*. X is the brainchild of childhood friends, Gaurav Raina and Tapan Raj. In 1997, after being bored with the remix and Bollywood driven music scene in India, the boys started producing original electronic music and sending out demo tracks to labels and other producers. In 2001 they were the first electronic music act from India to ever sign an international album deal. Just X.
13. “X believe in passion and things worth doing. They cast musicians from different genres from different places. By the end of the journey they record a song that will reflect each of their genres and also it reflects the sounds and culture of the place they belong and travel.” This is the philosophy behind a musical television series which is part-music documentary and part travelogue. The first season featured Imogen Heap, Paapon, Rabbi, Agni among other artists.
19. "The whole conception of X was geared to Y, but in a creative sort of way. I mean I wanted themes to sort of emerge from corners. So you start to get the sense of the fourness being literally speaker for speaker." This was The Who 's second rock opera and reflects the four distinct personalities of Jimmy, the opera's protagonist – each said to represent the personality of one member of the band