● X is a historian most noted for his book on financial history “The Ascent of Money” which was also presented as a television series for Channel4. He is also the William Ziegler Professor of Business Administration at Harvard Business School.
● This is a method of statistical sampling first proposed by X, Y and Z and is named after W where Y’s uncle would borrow money to gamble? Simply solve for W.
● Literally meaning let it be, it summarizes the belief that the ecomomy functions best when there is no interference by the government in the functioning of the economy, including restrictive regulations, taxes, tariffs and enforced monopolies.
● X is a spirit whose name is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning froth.It traditionally contains about 42% alcohol and is described as a clear liquid with a golden brown tint.The state of Y in India has registered for a geographical indicator that would allow producers in the region the sole right to term the their produce ‘X’. Popular brands include “Cashyos” ,“Big Boss” and“Reals”
● Tarakasur, a rakshasha was blessed that he could be killed by none other than Lord Shivas son. Parvati performed tapasya (or spiritual penance) to win the love of Lord Shiva. Consequently, Shiva and Parvatis son Kartikeya was born and killed Tarakasur to restore the glory of Indra, the king of Gods. This is a summary of the story of which of the five mahakavyas.
● The word X is actually an amalgamation of two words, Y, referring to a region, and Z which in legal terms indicates sexual intercourse between two unmarried adults, and was originally used to denote the haphazard development of land brought on by immigration from the region Y. It has since been used as the title for an album that was ranked no. 399. on the list of 500 greatest albums of all time by Rolling Stone magazine.
● The product X is marketed as a syrup and was developed by Hakim Abdul Majid and first introduced in 1907 by the company Y. It has a number of ingredients that range as widely as poppy seeds, spinach, rose petals and even a foot luffa. Y is no longer a company but two non profit charities with the same name, one headquartered in Delhi and the other in Karachi, together amongst the largest producers of Ayurvedic medicines in the world.
● X is a geographical feature in Asia that seperates the basins of the Kabul and the Helmand Rivers from that of the Amu Dariya. It is the world’s geographical centre of population. It is also unique for being the meeting point of Greek, Islamic and Subcontinental Cultures. Its name literally transalates to ‘Dark Man Killer’.
● X-economics is a term which was first proposed by Kenneth Arrow in 1987 to describe analysis of the economic and business principles underlying the development and deployment of indiviadual products and systems. The word X comes from the greek word meaning dwarf and is also used to describe a level below the traditional micro-economics.
● Global Cooling, Patriotic Prostitutes, and Why Suicide Bombers Should Buy Life Insurance is the subtitle a book by the economist Y, who is more famous for his earlier book Z,which was number two on The New York Times bestseller list for nonfiction in the year 2006. Both books explain concepts of pop culture through the applications of solid economic principles(that is strangely ironic) and is also described as “amateur sociology”
● This Peruvian economist is famous for his book “The Mystery of Capital: Why Capitalism Triumphs in the West and Fails Everywhere Else. He established the Institute for Liberty and Development and its policies helped in undermining the Maoist guerrilla movement known as The Shining Path. Picture next slide.
● “Higher interest rates will lead to lower inflation, X”, say economists which means that they will stand by their prediction about inflation only if nothing else changes apart from the rise in the Interest rate. The phrase X is a Latin phrase meaning all others things kept constant.
● X is a retail brand operated as a joint venture between Bharti Retail and Wal Mart,headed by Rajan Bharti Mittal, that opened its first store in Ludhiana in 2008. It has since expanded to a total of 120 outlets in various cities.
● The X distribution named after an Italian economist,was originally used to describe the allocation of wealth among individuals since it seemed to show rather well the way that a larger portion of the wealth of any society is owned by a smaller percentage of the people in that society. It was further used to describe the distribution of income.This idea is sometimes expressed more simply as the Y principle named after the same economist and popularly as the Z rule.
● The logo is an image of a "twin-tailed siren", dangerous creatures, portrayed in Greek Mythology as seductresses who lured nearby sailors with their enchanting music and voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island.
● When the gains made by winners in an economic transaction equal the losses suffered by the losers, it is called an X game. An unbiased Random walk is equivalent to the X game, as the particle undergoing random motion remains at the same place on average.
● X is a script developed in the 14th century by combining the existing Y and Z scripts by the noted calligrapher Mir Ali Tabrezi. It is now used to write among other languages, Saraiki, Pushto ,Dari, Uzbek, Turkoman and Hindko.
● X referred to a type of clay used for making various household objects such as jars. People often saved money in kitchen pots and jars made of X, called "X jars". By the 18th century, the spelling had changed and it came to be known by Y.
● X is a famous person in Delhi University, although he passed away 20 years ago. Elected from a constituency now infamous for illegal mining and having previously been the University’s Vice Chancellor,he served as Union Minister for Education in 1971 and also established three noted institutions of social science research which are now an integral part of Delhi University: the Delhi School of Economics, the Institute of Economic Growth and the the Institute for Social and Economic Change.