Midas is an on-the-fly schema migration for MongoDB.
Currently, applications have to hand-roll their own schema migration infrastructure or use some third-party tool.
It is difficult to migrate TBs of data without downtime (unacceptable from SLA stand-point!).
This is where Midas fills the gap.
It intercepts responses at MongoDB Protocol level and upgrades or downgrades document schema in-transit.
As Midas works at protocol level, it is agnostic of Language specific MongoDB drivers (Ruby, Python, C#
and Java drivers) and their versions within those languages.
Further, Midas is agnostic of the MongoDB configurations like Standalone, Replica Sets, Sharded environments.
* Expansion operations - add, copy, merge, split, transform.
* Contraction operations - remove
* Schema migration for multiple applications simultaneously
* Support multi node configuration for application
* Without shutting down Midas, you can -
* Add or remove applications on-the-fly
* Add or remove nodes on-the-fly
* Add or remove deltas/changeset on-the-fly