5. Test Driving Tools• JsTestDriver • Is a Test Runner • Captures Various Browsers • Execute tests in parallel on different machines • setup very useful for CI builds and tools that support server farms
7. Test Driving Tools• JsUnit• YUI• ...and other framework related tools• We’ll use... • JsTestDriver + Jasmine • Additionally, you can use Jasmine- Species for the Given-When-Then grammar and meta info.
9. More fun!Get the UI wired up.
10. Separation of Concerns <<observable>> ion cat Model N oti ﬁ te Model te ge Sta y Sta an ry dif Ch e Qu Change Notiﬁcation Mo ify/ od Query State M<<Mediator>>Controller Presenter 1 U 1 S ser elec Ge t Vi stu Use ew Up res rG <<observer>> dat estu * eV 1 iew res View View MVC MVP on ati Model ti ﬁc No te ng e ta ha yS C er y/ Qu d if Mo <<observable>> Method Invocation ViewModel Use Events 1 rG Ch estu ang res <<observer>> e No tiﬁc * atio n View MVVM
11. MVVM• Term ﬁrst used by WPF architect John Gossman • View is primarily a responsibility of designer and hence should not contain code.• Quite similar to Martin Fowler’s Presentation Model (PM) • A full self-contained class that represents all the Data + Behavior of a View • Data-ﬁelds for all the dynamic information of the view. • View references PM and projects state of PM on itself. • Synchronization between PM and View usually achieved by using a data binding framework