How to craft your elevator pitch for a networking event
How to craft your
Looking for a way to introduce yourself at a
networking event like the Devex Summer
Just follow this simple 3-step formula of
2 Who’s and 1 What.
Who am I?
I am a ______
• Water sanitation expert
• Youth employment specialist
• Monitoring and evaluation specialist
• Proposal coordinator
Introduce yourself by your skills or area of expertise
Who do I work with or help?
…who works with______
• Humanitarian response agencies
• Local civil society organizations
• Global health organizations
• International NGOs
Indicate who you re targeting
What problem do I help them solve?
What solutions do I provide?
• Implement safe water infrastructure projects in natural-disaster prone
• Create job training and skills programs aligned with local market
needs for at-risk youth
• Measure the impact of reproductive health projects and harness data
and analysis for more effective program design
• Put together successful bids to win new funding with bilateral aid
Indicate what you provide that s valuable
to who you work with
Let s bring it all together
I am a ___ who works with ___ to ______________.
• …water and sanitation specialist…humanitarian response agencies…
implement safe water infrastructure projects in natural-disaster prone
• …youth employment specialist…local civil society organizations…create
job training and skills programs aligned with local market needs for at-risk
• …monitoring and evaluation specialist…global health organizations…
measure the impact of reproductive health projects and harness data and
analysis for more effective program design.
• …proposal coordinator…international NGOs…put together successful
bids to win new funding with bilateral aid agencies.
What s your development story
I am a _____ who works with _______ to __________.
Test out this formula at the
13th Annual Devex DC Summer Happy Hour