Be the first to like this
Unique Tonometry THROUGH Eyelid DIATON Presented at SECO International 2012 in Atlanta, GA, USA
Tonometer Diaton is presented at SECO 2012, Atlanta by Vision Systems (VSI) and BiCOM Inc., at Booth # 445. This new wave of tonometry is on the forefront of Glaucoma prevention and detection, with unique non-corneal measurements, without need of eye drops or replacement tips. Daton tonometer is simple to use and ideal for children and adults. The SECO conference takes place at the Georgia World Congress Center in Georgia
Tonometer Diaton aims to assist optometrists and ophthalmologists to make measurements of intraocular pressure (IOP) in quick, non-invasive, non-corneal and patient-friendly way.
Because Glaucoma is leading cause of Blindess in the United States, and loss of vision is usually peripheral at first, many do not realize they have the “sneak thief of sight” before the damage has been done, therefore it is important to see your eyecare professional on regular bases and have your intraocular (eye) pressure IOP checked.
SECO 2012 is Optometry’s Marketplace at SECO™ and is The Education Destination®, optometry’s most important and compelling annual event. The SECO 2012 program of education, exhibits and events offers optometrists and allied ophthalmic professionals the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge needed to remain competitive in today’s challenging optometric field.
SECO 2012 is an opportunity for optometrists and optometric technitians and assistants to obtain free training and to learn of the clinically proven benefits of Diaton (trans-palpebral, non-corneal) tonometer at Vision Systems (VSI) Booth #445.
Vision Systems Inc. (VSI) http://www.patternless.com will be presenting Tonometer Diaton at Booth # 445, Patternless Edger’s, Traditional Lane and Pre-Test Equipment, HRT Retinal Tomographers and Fundus Cameras for optometrists, ophthalmologists, opticians, and ophthalmic professionals at all career levels.
“Diaton tonometry” is a vanguard approach to measuring intraocular pressure (IOP) through the Eyelid. Non-Corneal (no contact with cornea), no anesthesia or sterilization required with this pen-like, hand-held, portable tonometer.
Tonometer Diaton is the solution in the following cases when the use of other devices is problematic or impossible:
• Mass screening of patients.
• IOP control during clinical observation and selection of adequate hypotensive therapy for glaucoma patients.
• Serial tonometry for obtaining Diurinal curve.
• IOP can be obtained without removing contact lenses.
• IOP measuring in immobilized patients - measurement can be done sitting or supine.
• IOP measuring in children. Measurement is taken outside of the visual field.
• Patients with the following conditions: chronic conjunctivitis, corneal pathology including keratitis, keratotone, corneal dimness, after penetrating keratoplastics, keratoprosthesis, laser refractive correction, high degree of ametropy, astigmatism.
• On patients wi