1. Chinmaya Vidyalaya St.John’s Road cross Bangalore-42 Design for change Community development project A team work by the students of class VII .The drivers of the change 1. Tharun 2. Shylesh.V 3. Praveen.D 4. Vignesh.P 5.Bharathkumar 6. Marimuthu.S 7. Bhavana.G.Shetty 8. Vishnu.K.K 9. Saurav.U.Janu 10. Namitha.P
2. Visiting a few places
3. Pamphlet that has distributed Chinmaya Vidyalaya School with a difference Hari om! Please join with us to keep your surrounding clean. Here is a great opportunity to serve the society. Let us join our hands together in this cleanliness drive. ALL THAT YOU NEED TO DO IS 1. Segregate your garbage. 2. Dispose the dry plastics in a carton box provided by Chinmaya Vidyalaya. Hand over the garbage when the pourakarmikas come to your house or leave your garbage inside your gate before 7:00 am 3. We will also beautify your surroundings by providing plants. Please nurture these as your children. 4. We care for you so do we expect the same from you. Chinmaya Vidyalaya we care & share
4. Children visited two areas one quite hygienic and other not maintained properly. The same day we met Environmentalist officer, Shivaji nagar area - Zakhir Ali for legal permission. Students felt the need for a change. They wanted to sensitize the people in the neighbourhood of the school. Guide teachers also felt that involvement of higher authorities was necessary and sought their help.Students surveyed many residences, shops, offices in the locality. Pamplets was designed to spread awareness. September (13 th )
5. Students cleared the area <ul><li>BEFORE </li></ul>
6. SECOND DAY DRIVE (Sept 14 th ) Students were made in to three teams for three lanes. They were approaching each residence personanlly with the pamplet and explained their plan in keeping their lane clean. They also instructed them to segregate the garbage and dry plastic waste and leave the garbage before 7.a.m inside their gate or to hand over it to the Pourakarmika when they come to collect the same.We met the pourakarmikas and requested them to collect the garbage regularly. Subsequently they provided carton boxes/gunny bags to segregate dry plastic for recycling. The same day we discussed with the traffic warden regarding the maintainence of law and order in front of our school i.e. regulating the traffic, allocating the proper parking space. The same request was drafted and submitted by the school Principal to the DCP East , Bangalore .
7. Issuing pamplets
8. Drivers on the drive(sept 15 th ) Sensing that the area should be more clean ,we spoke to the Pourakarmika ,took her around the area and highlighted the places that needed more attention. The children cleared the surroundings adjacent to the school removed the weeds ,stones and filled the pothole in front of the school. They also planted crotons and other plants in the cleared area and placed a few pots to beautify the place. Later temporary fencing was also done to safeguard the plants .
9. Eco friendly move(Sept 15 th )
11. Working hand in hand (Sept 16 th ) <ul><li>The children and the neighbours further cleaned the garbage dumping place , covered the place with sand and stones and placed two planted pots to avoid further littering . </li></ul>
12. Working hand in hand(Sept 16 th )
13. Enthusiastic move(Sept 17 th ) <ul><li>The children visited the residences and distributed the cartons/gunny bags and requested the people to collect the dry plastic waste in them. </li></ul><ul><li>They assured them that they would collect the plastic once a week for recycling. </li></ul>
14. Target achieved(Sept 18 th ) <ul><li>Students documented the day to day progress. </li></ul><ul><li>Project accomplished. </li></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>The drive is on……. </li></ul></ul></ul>
15. Remainder (Sept 21 st ) <ul><li>We felt the need of sensitizing the neighbours again and carried forward their drive by addressing the students of Agasthya Maharshi Vidyalaya. In their assembly ‘The drivers of change enacted a few incidents that occur due to improper disposal of garbage especially Plastic. </li></ul><ul><li>A positive response and assurance was given to us by the authorities of that school. </li></ul><ul><li>Children of Agasthya Maharshi Vidyalaya </li></ul>
16. DRIVE In action CONtinUED (Sept 21 st )
17. Spreading the fragrance again 22nd, 23rd <ul><li>They again surveyed the place and discussed the future action to be taken to spread more awareness. </li></ul><ul><li>Children collected dry plastic covers from all residents. Children felt happy that they were acknowledged. </li></ul><ul><li>The children helped the Traffic Warden, in managing the people and the traffic in the morning and the evening. </li></ul>
18. The output <ul><li>The response /outcome of the design for change…… </li></ul><ul><li>Got appreciation for the move . </li></ul><ul><li>Co-operation extended. </li></ul><ul><li>Assured continued support . </li></ul><ul><li>Entrepreneurs expressed willingness to sponsor sign boards of awareness . </li></ul>
19. Responsibilities taken by Drivers of change <ul><li>Nurturing the plants . </li></ul><ul><li>Spending their valuable time for the society awareness. </li></ul><ul><li>Becoming responsible towards environment. </li></ul><ul><li>Collecting dry plastics. </li></ul><ul><li>Monitoring the areas. </li></ul><ul><li>Regulating the traffic and guiding the people. </li></ul><ul><li>Appreciating the people who help. </li></ul>
20. FEED BACK FORM 1.Your “Design for change project” is Excellent Good Satisfatory 2. What inspired us is a. Informing people. b. Clearing the garbage. c. Motivation to have an eco friendly surroundings. d. Collection of dry plastic. e. All the above 3. Are you ready to be with us. Yes No 4. If so how? Always Sometimes Never 5.Suggestions / Comments. _______________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________________ Signature House no: Phone
21. Feedback given by the public
22. Few Valuable Suggestions Received <ul><li>Excellent changes been done by your school students.House no:31 </li></ul><ul><li>People should be more co-operative, which they are not.House no:32/1 </li></ul><ul><li>Good encourage to children.House no:104 </li></ul><ul><li>Good work. Keep it up.House no:60 </li></ul><ul><li>Need to create and educate public about keeping the place neat and clean and bring public to participate to keep the area clean . </li></ul>
23. Thank You. For Making us The catalyst for change .