1. TEMPLE MOUNT ORACLES ON THE CENTRE OF THE CENTRE“Thus said the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst ofJerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of theLORD of hosts the holy mountain” (Zechariah 8:3)“Then David said to Ornan (Araunah), Grant me the place of this threshingfloor,that I may build an altar therein unto the LORD: thou shalt grant it me for the fullprice: that the plaque may be stayed from the people.And Ornan said unto David, Take it to thee, and let my lord the king do thatwhich is good in his eyes: lo, I give thee the oxen also for burnt offerings, and thethreshingfloor for wood, and the wheat for the meat offering: I give it all.And King David said to Ornan, Nay; but I will verily buy it for the full price: forI will not take that which is thine for the LORD, nor offer burnt offerings withoutcost.So David gave to Ornan for the place six hundred shekels of gold by weight.And David built there an altar unto the LORD, and offered burnt offerings andpeace offerings, and called upon the LORD; and He answered him from heavenby fire upon the altar of burnt offering.And the LORD commanded the angel; and he put up his sword again into thesheath thereof.At that time when David saw that the LORD had answered him in thethreshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite, then he sacrificed there”(I Chron. 21:22-28 ref. II Sam. 24:18-25)“Then Solomon began to build the House of the LORD at Jerusalem in mountMoriah, where the LORD appeared unto David his father, in the place that Davidhad prepared in the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite”(II Chron. 3:1) Let me state from the beginning that whether spiritually or physically, God isamused seeing strange pillars upon His Holy Mountain; and that considering thecentrality of the Jewish Temple to Jewish spirituality, the present desolationsullies Jerusalems reputation as THE Holy Land. There was a Jewish Temple on the Holy Mount to receive Jesus, in His firstcoming.Therefore, I dare to say that, until these strange pillars - this desolator is removedfrom the Mount of God, Jerusalem will not regain her estate as the Holy Land;neither to the Jews nor to the spiritual Jews – the Christians. If I may take matters a little further, the sincere homage paid to God inJerusalem at present does not ascend to the LORD God of Israel but to the one
2. who had thought in his heart, to ascend to the Mount of the congregation! (Isaiah14:13). Painful! Isn’t it! But this was his game plan all along!It is on the basis of this that the LORD had vowed to tread him to pieces uponthat Mount. (Isaiah 14:24-25).The benefits of this divine intervention are: 1. The symbol of worldwide oppression will be removed. (Isa.25:7) 2. Jewish spiritual and political freedom 3. Jewish and universal spiritual revival and rebirth 4. repossession of our spiritual heritage 5. repossession of our spiritual and political inheritance (Isa. 14:25 ref. Obadiah 1:17)for those of us who might think otherwise of our assertion that Jerusalem ispresently in bondage, we go no further in supporting our view, than invite theauthority of a great Jewish teacher and writer; the Apostle Paul, who speakingunder unction of the Holy Spirit said,“For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which nowis, and is in bondage with her children” (Galatians 4:25)The LORD had chosen Jerusalem to be the place of His Sanctuary, yet she is nowin bondage. She has been made desolate and reduced to the same rank with themountain of Arabia! Is it any wonder that the princes of Arabia found it easy toplace strange pillars upon the Mount of God?However, God can not dwell in bondage nor will the divine presence dwell indesolation.There can never be such concord!The LORD had taught us to pray, “…as it is in heaven, so let it be done onearth…”If the Jerusalem above is free, then the footstool of the LORD on earth must befree!How Jerusalem and the Temple Mount came to be enslaved is not the focus ofthis piece, but to remind us of the Ownership of the Temple Mount and thereforeof Jerusalem.This is necessary because, soon He will stretch forth His hand to reclaim Hisown.Going back to the scriptures at the beginning of this essay, we can see that theTemple Mount was not obtained by conquest or by force. Rather, it was gottenthrough legitimate and peaceful exchange (II Samuel 24:23). The fact that thedeal has been recorded in the Holy Scriptures – the time tested, reliable,historical, and scared custodian of universal divine oracles; means that thetransaction is immutable, non-transferable, beyond the adjudication of mortalsand unbreakable by Heaven or earth: it is written, therefore it is settled.
3. King David originally bought the land and everything on it, to offer appeasementsacrifice unto the LORD, by which he persuade the LORD to stay His fromstriking Israel.Long before Elijah called down fire upon the altar and the sacrifice, in that epicbattle to determine the authentic God, the LORD God first answered David byfire upon the Temple Mount! This not only confirmed that He had acceptedDavid and his sacrifice, but also that He was delighted with the location of thealtar; because it where He had chosen (II Sam. 24:18-19 ref. I Chron. 21:18-19).It is therefore not surprising that King David instructed king Solomon to build theFirst Temple on that spot. To cap it all, if according to king David, it was theLORD God that showed him all the architecture, fittings and finishing of theTemple (I Chron. 28:19), then it is certain that it was the LORD that alsoinstructed on the location of the Temple: therefore, it is foolhardy to attempt toundo the counsel of the Most Dread LORD. It is however, most excellent wisdomto allow Him have His way. That way, no bones will be broken rather thesupporters of His will, will go home blessed. The alternative is that He will haveHis way in the presence of His crushed or broken enemies.Emperor nebuchadnezzer knows what he saw before he declared the LORD Godof Israel to be the Most High God!I tell you the truth; God is comfortable with all the options: the harder theopposition, the brighter His glory!In retrospect, why David left this choice property in the hands of a Jebusite, longafter he had taken Jerusalem from them, remains a mystery I will like to uncoverfrom king David when he comes back in the resurrection. Yet I sense the divinehand here. And it is significant that the Temple Mount was BOUGHT from theJEBUSITES and OFFERED to the LORD God!Here again we can see divine wisdom and foresight at work – of all places inJerusalem, only the place of His Sanctuary was BOUGHT! Therefore, to prove that the LORD was pleased with Solomon for followingthrough with all the instructions given to him concerning the Temple, God said,“…I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house ofsacrifice…For now have I chosen and sanctified this house that my name may bethere for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually” (IIChron. 7:12,16)He may have allowed the place of His name to be trampled but His eyes andheart have not left it one day; He may have ordered every stone of the place ofHis footstool to be thrown down, yet He is jealously watching over His owngrounds and patiently waiting to show forth His excitement about the certainreturn of the days of glorious communion with the House of Israel!He may even have allowed strange pillars and posts to be erected over His own,yet His eyes and heart are perpetually stayed on the prime of His possessions, andHis heart certainly primed to revenge the insult done to His hallowed grounds.
4. The fact that the Temple Mount is an offering unto the LORD means that it isonly Him that can decide its fate. He has eternal right of first refusal andpromptly designated it the perpetual place of His Footstool and Sanctuary.Therefore, even if the House of Israel decides to hand over East Jerusalem or thewhole of Jerusalem to the world, the LORD will defend and keep the TempleMount with all the power that makes Him God, because it is an offering to Himfrom the man whose heartbeat resonated with His.Moreover, the force – physical or spiritual, that is powerful enough to force Godto abandon a treasured gift has not been created yet nor ever will be.All that Israel needs to do, to get God interested in the place of His Sanctuary isto seek, draw near, abide with and worship the Truth, in spirit and in truth.All that Israel and the Jews seek: spiritual, territorial and political emancipationare all found in Jesus Christ. That is assuming that, they are still interested inthese heavenly grails.However, for His name sake, the LORD God of Israel who can not give His gloryto any other nor suffer His word to be broken – because He said He will, He willindeed gather the whole of Israel together. Hence the hour of our glory is delayedbecause they are yet to recognize Jesus of Nazareth for who He is – their LORDand Saviour.Until this spiritual foundation is set right, what ever physical concession, we getfrom those who helped pushed forward the affliction of Jerusalem, will be likebuilding a house with saliva as the mortar.The State of Israel is more than a political entity; it is the eternal witness toDivine Existence.Therefore the divine imprint must be seen at every stage of the IsraeliDispensation, especially its foundation thereof.Consequently, the commencement of the dispensation is delayed until they areprepared to end their sorrows through accepting the King of princes, the LORDand Head above all – Jesus of Nazareth.Hear God,“Yea, though they have hired among the nations, now will I gather them, andthey shall sorrow a little for the burden of the King of princes”(Hosea 8:10, ref Isa. 9:6-7, Zech. 12:10, Rev. 19:16, I Chron. 29:11,etc)Without prejudice to any paragraph in this essay, let me say that when Jesus isready to show forth His mighty hand, no one or group whether physical orspiritual, can hold captive the Holy Mount one second longer than is allowed.The set time is here!Israel, all that you seek is in Jesus Christ! He is your glory! Therefore, you have a choice to make: either to bend the knees before Jesus ofNazareth or to remain a vassal state to successive world powers.
5. My earnest desire and prayer is that they accept the fullness of Jesus, so that theprime dominion of His Empire may come to them. This is their duty to God; thisis the least they can give back to God for all those centuries of preservation.In the days ahead, let us keep this fact in remembrance:That which was bought by King David from Araunah the Jebusite, has neverbeen bought back by anybody or group, therefore it remains a sacrifice of KingDavid unto the LORD His God: it is HOLY unto the LORD God of Israel.It is therefore incumbent on the House of Israel to sanctify and rededicate thatholy ground unto the LORD, and to hallow the grounds forever by placing on it,a Holy Tabernacle unto the LORD.This is the delight of Heaven.This is the glory of Israel.This is the felicity of humanity.Blessed are those who delight to honour the LORD thus, blessed are those whothink upon this with joy and good actions; in Jesus name I declare.I am acutely aware that some may want to know why we are concerned about theHoly Mount and the Third Temple – Ezekiel’s Temple, so we proceed as follows:The Bible says,“And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spiritupon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your youngmen shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams…For the promise isunto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as theLord our God shall call” (Acts 2:17,39)Now, I am a young man!I have seen a vision!I have seen the Millennium Reign!It is so clear, so bright, so real and so compelling, we are certain we havereceived it from Heaven!However, during this period, the joy and bliss of humanity is the perpetualresidency of the Shekinah Glory in Mount Zion.Scriptures abound to show that the presence of God in this Temple will becomprehensive and permanent, and because Jesus is the fullness of God bodily,in the millennium reign, it is Jesus of Nazareth that will be worshipped here(Dan. 7:14, 27)Imagine bonding with the fullness of the Holy Spirit; imagine bonding with thefullness of Jesus Christ!Now, recall that when God’s Holy Spirit came upon you, it was only a portion ofGod that came upon you, by whom God’s unique gift in you became activated!Now, imagine having communion with Him who has the Holy Spirit withoutmeasure! Imagine climbing Mount Zion knowing that the fullness of God awaits
6. you! That which we presently enjoy in the spirit, God wants to make physicallyreal!And so we state again, it is the fullness of Jesus’ Spirit that will be resident in theTemple as LORD God, because He had said,“He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall bemy son” (Rev.21:7 ref. Zech. 8:8)If you think the references do not add up, how about Zechariah 2:10-12?Here, God is speaking in His dual capacity as the Immanuel and TranscendentGod; the visible and invisible God; the Sent and the Sender; the Son and theFather; Jesus Christ and YHWH!Hear Him,“Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in themidst of thee, saith the LORD. And many nations shall be joined to the LORD inthat day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in midst of thee, and thou shaltknow that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee. And the LORD shallInherit Judah His portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again”(Zech. 2:10-12)Did you hear that? Jerusalem is His inheritance; and His portion therein is MountMoriah – the Temple Mount! The presence of God will be so manifest in Jerusalem, the whole city will becalled Jehovah Shammah! (Ezekiel 48:35). Halleluyah!Therefore, blessed are the nations, peoples, persons and bodies that will set asidea portion of their yearly budget to raise and beautify the place of His Sanctuary.The Hour is here!Ezekiel’s Temple is here!The glory of the Later House is here!Prepare to serve the LORD anew!The clarion call is at hand!Shalom!