1. MAY 2012IN THIS ISSUE: Message from Marty Vondrell, President Next DCF Monthly Meeting: May 10, 2012 Special Interest Group (SIG) Meetings Calling All Volunteers! Membership in the DCF DCF is on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter & YouTube! Resource Library General Meeting Information Contact UsMessage from Marty VondrellPresident, Denver Coach FederationSpring is in full swing, and things at the DCF are very good. In fact, theyre so good we needed toget a new and improved name. The board of directors voted to rebrand ourselves as ICF Colorado.As most of you know, last year we became an official chapter of the International CoachFederation. This year we have taken that one step further and changed our name to be consistentwith the brand.This is very exciting news. We will have a new logo that we will make available to all of ourmembers over the coming months. This will make our new brand consistent with the largerinternational organization and make us more recognizable to our fellow Coloradoans.This month, we are also working with the ICF to host a booth at the national ASTD (AmericanSociety of Training and Development) conference in Denver. Events like this are great exposure,and although some of you are volunteering, we would love to see all of you visit us at the ICFbooth. The exposition portion of the conference is free to attend with registration, and the ICFbooth will be open Monday to Wednesday, May 7th, 8th and 9th.We also have another great guest speaker this month. Her name is Kathy Pike, and she doessome great coaching work with people and their horses. She is another great example of all thedifferent kinds of clients we can support in the coaching industry. I look forward to herpresentation.We have great momentum at the DCF/ICF Colorado. As good leadership suggests, we must
2. balance our persistence with compassion and push progress while listening to our membership.We must weigh the impact of our actions and take mindful risks. We must be appreciative ofwhere things are and simultaneously continue to move ahead in a bold new direction. Coaching isgrowing and expanding like never before. The value of coaching is becoming more apparent asmore people get the opportunity to experience it. We have a long and exciting road ahead of us inthe coaching profession. I am proud to be on this journey with you.Please join us this month as we continue to move the coaching industry forward and do so with acompassionate heart to all that we associate.With the warmest regards,Marty VondrellPresident, Denver Coach Federationmarty@martyvondrell.comNext DCF Monthly Meeting: May 10Date: May 10, 2012Time: 7:00PM to 9:00PM(SIGs start at 6:00PM before the general meeting)Location: PPA Event Center, 2105 Decautur St, Denver, CO 80211Speaker: Kathy PikeTopic: "The Power of Presence to Create Partnership"Every relationship has an underlying energetic quality. Your presence of mind, body and spiritsupports the opening and trust in your coaching relationships. Using the Four Steps to the Presenthelps you to stay in the moment, fully aware, and connected to your clients. This level of presenceinvites your client to drop into their deepest truths and wisdoms and invites them to expand intotheir possibilities.Join this meeting to learn and experience the power of presence and expand the power of yourpartnerships. Kathy will weave metaphors from her Coaching with Horses programs into a highlyexperiential and expansive exploration of energy awareness. Learn how horses teach humansabout leadership and presence and how you can bring those qualities to your coachingrelationships by becoming more "horse like."Some of the "takeaways" from this talk are: How to stay present with your clients When and how your underlining emotional state affects relationships How to sense the emotional quality of your client Tools to center in the momentAbout Kathy PikeKathy Pike is the author of Hope …from the Heart of Horses: How Horses Teach Us AboutPresence, Strength, and Awareness and Pathways to a Radiant Life: A Journey of Growth andDiscovery with the Chakras. Kathy is also the founder and contributing author of the book seriesHorse as Teacher: The Path to Authenticity and The Path to Relationships. Kathy has beencoaching for over 15 years and is the founder of the Mind Body Method. She travels nationally andinternationally to teach EFLC programs with a strong emphasis on mind, body and spiritualintegration. She works with riders to improve their seat and deepen their relationship with their
3. horse. Kathy also offers a diverse background including massage therapy, polarity therapy,PSYCH-K, and life coaching. She has presented her body centered coaching processes atnumerous local ICF chapters and ICF International Conferences.PLEASE NOTE: Everyone must register for the monthly meetings including DCF members.CLICK HERE TO REGISTER for the May 10, 2012 DCF Meeting.Special Interest Groups (SIGs)EXPLORING COACHING AS A PROFESSION SIGMay 10, 20126:00PM - 7:00PMOur discussion may include, and is not limited to: understanding how coaching differs from related professions learning what makes an exceptional coach determining if self-employment suits you choosing your niche and specialty investigating training programs, certification & mentor coaches getting started . . .BUILDING YOUR COACHING BUSINESS SIGMay 10, 20126:00PM - 7:00PMFacilitated By: Jean DiGiovanna"How much does it cost?" evokes anxiety in both parties. Developing a more positive relationshipwith money fosters confidence. Stories about sales & marketing can sabotage success. Imaginethem more aligned with fulfillment of dreams.At this months SIG, we’ll be talking about MONEY! What is the wrong conversation to have? And,what do you facilitate with the wrong conversation? Many coaches unwittingly sabotage their ownbest efforts where money is involved. Let’s begin to explore your money relationship and startcreating a better conversation that will enhance your relationships.Tom Lietaert, Money Mentor and creator of the Intimacy With Money programs, will lead thismonths conversation.Mission – To ensure that new coaches build their business, improve their coaching skills, marketeffectively and stay active and engaged in DCF. The SIG will help new coaches chart a coursetoward professional and financial success. In addition, coaches who complete this six-monthcurriculum should be prepared to mentor the next group of coaches entering the SIG.Facilitator:Jean DiGiovanna, CPCCjean@workshopuniversity.comwww.workshopuniversity.com303-413-8001
4. NEW - EXPERIENCED COACHES SIGMay 16, 20127:00PM - 9:00PMFacilitated by: Marty Vondrell and Reuel Hunt5+ Years of Coaching Experience? You’re Invited to Check Us OutThe next meeting of the Experienced Coaches SIG is May 16th from 7-9pm.Location:3855 S. Hibiscus Way Denver, CO 80237(west on Hampden from 1-25 to Happy Canyon)We look forward to seeing you there!The NEXT MEETING is always the Wednesday after the regular DCF General meeting.Please contact Marty or Reuel to receive more details about this SIG.Marty: email@example.comReuel: firstname.lastname@example.orgFacilitators:Marty Vondrell and Reuel HuntEmail Marty or Email ReuelCalling All Volunteers!We invite you to share your skills, talents, and experiences with DCF and play a bigger role in thecoaching community. How? Read on to see how easy it is to play full out.We have opportunities for you to be of service in the following areas: Facilitator for one of our monthly Special Interest Groups (SIG) - Facilitating a SIG allows you to grow as a leader, meet lots of amazing coaches, and develop an exciting program that you can use in other areas of your coaching practice. DCF Blogger - Would you like to learn more about blogging in a safe environment and would enjoy sharing emerging trends with the coaching community? Then this has your name written all over it. Manage DCF Twitter - Are you a tweeting fanatic and have a few extra minutes each week to tweet out to coaches and the community about our DCF meetings, events, and programs? Manage DCF Facebook - Post our events, speakers, coaching tips, etc. Its a great way to network. Greeters - Remember how you felt when you came to your first DCF meeting? Help our new guests feel welcome and at home. Channel 9 News Health Fair - Help us be a part of this great program so that we can be of service to the community. PBS Phone Support - Set up a date/time for us to give back to this important community program.
5. DCF Press Releases - Do you have experience writing and sending out press releases? Wed love your help in getting this started! Jobing.com - Find out when these events are and encourage our members to attend to help coach job seekers in finding their new dream job. It might even lead to new clients! Assist with DCF workshops - We enjoy providing valuable workshops for our DCF members and invite you to be a part of this dynamic, engaging program. We occasionally need help in identifying interesting workshops, getting info about the workshop in the montly newsletter, etc. Identify teleseminar opportunities for DCF members - Is there a topic you think the members would get value from or is there a speaker who you know of who would "WOW" our members? Jump in and be a part of this initiative! Follow up with DCF speakers - Assist them with accommodations, transporation, special needs, etc. - This will allow you to meet some "Movers and Shakers" in the world of coaching! Create a member survey asking for feedback on what areas/topics theyre interested in to ensure were meeting the needs of our members. Resource Management Support - Go through the existing DCF resources on file and determine whats current/beneficial to coaches and whats outdated. Resource of the Month - Highlight a resource from our library and write a brief summary of it for our monthly newsletter. What a great opportunity to learn a new coaching skill, and then share it with your peers.Please contact Reuel Hunt at 303-734-0444 or email@example.com to learn more about theseexciting opportunities or to get signed up today.We value your creative ideas and are committed to being the #1 resource for coaches in Colorado.Thank you for making a difference! We truly appreciate you and all that you share with us.The DCF Board of DirectorsMembership in the Denver Coach FederationParticipate in our Spring Membership Drive: Please help us build our membership and earnStarbucks cards when you do. For every new member who puts your name in the referral field onthe application, you will earn a $10 Starbucks card. When we tabulate the results of ourMembership Drive in November, the member who has brought in the most new members will wina $50 gift card. That’s pretty fabulous, and we all benefit from having a robust and growingorganization. So, please invite your colleagues and fellow coaches to join and put your name inthe referral field when they fill out the application.So why should coaches and prospective coaches want to join DCF? As a member of DCF, they willjoin a wonderful community of individuals committed to making a difference in the lives of theirclients, connecting with other coaches, developing themselves, and contributing to the professionof coaching. Our community includes brand new coaches as well as very experienced and highlysuccessful ones. We also welcome those who are exploring coaching as a profession and who havenot yet started the process of becoming a coach.There are many benefits to membership in DCF starting with being able to attend the monthlymeetings at no additional cost. The educational presentations during our meetings are deliveredby highly successful coaches with special expertise and are but one of the resources available forhelping our members develop and refine their coaching skills and build their businesses. As a
6. member, one has the opportunity to network with other coaches and participate in one of theSpecial Interest Groups (SIGs). The SIGs are led by experienced coaches, giving participants theopportunity to learn and engage in lively discussion. Two of the three SIGs are held immediatelyprior to the meeting, and we encourage everyone to check them out. In addition to the SIGs andmonthly educational programming, we also have other programs and events such as workshopsand tele-classes, with reduced rates for members.When highly experienced coaches, coaches building their practices, and those who are just gettingstarted join together to support their chosen field, magic happens. So please help us grow ourmembership and be part of the magic we can create.It’s very easy to join by going to the DCF Website and filling out the form:http://sn.im/joindcf.If you have questions about membership, please call me at 303-503-9681.Thank You!Karen McGeeDCF Membership DirectorDCF is on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter & YouTube!Check out the Denver Coach Federation on:FacebookBecome a Fan!TwitterYou TubeLinkedInIf you have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgResource LibraryThe Denver Coach Federation has a fabulous Resource Library with over a hundred educationaltapes and books addressing such disciplines as leadership coaching, executive and corporatecoaching, career coaching, relationship coaching, life coaching, and spiritual coaching, as well aspractice development for coaches. Its purpose is to promote education, business development andsupport for DCF members.The Resource Library is perhaps best known for its great selection of audiotapes. Several yearsworth of ICF Conference audiotapes include leadership and coaching topics by such high-profileindividuals as Laura Berman-Fortgang, Ken Blanchard, Jack Canfield, Wayne Dyer, CherylRichardson, and Benjamin Zander, along with many other masterful coaches. A variety of otherresources include such great tapes as "High End Coaching" and "Personal Evolution" by ThomasLeonard and Frederic Hudsons book, The Handbook of Coaching.In addition to developing leadership and coaching skills, audiotape topics are specific toself-promotion and networking, use of assessments, therapists as coaches, attraction principles,team coaching, self- coaching, emotional intelligence, appreciative inquiry, speaking, and gettingpublished. Members may borrow up to four resources per month upon signing "The Agreement forResource Check-Out".
7. Brenda Cody, M.S., Resource LibrarianBrenda@WorkSolutionsGroup.com720-989-8743General Meeting InformationRegular Monthly MeetingsMembers: No ChargeNon-Members / Guests: $25 per meeting feeWhen: 2nd Thursday of every month (unless otherwise noted)6:00PM - 9:00PMSIGs start at 6:00PM, and the General Meeting starts at 7:15PM sharp.Where: PPA Event Center, 2105 Decatur Street, Denver, Colorado 80211Phone: 303-433-8247The PPA Event Center is on the corner of 21st Avenue and Decatur StreetPPA Event Center website: www.ppaeventcenter.comMap to PPA Event Center:Questions? Comments? Ideas to Share?We welcome your comments and ideas and are happy to answer questions.Contact Information:email@example.com