1. JULY 2011IN THIS ISSUE: Message from Kim Clausen, President July 27th: 3rd Annual Summer Networking Extravaganza Special Interest Groups (SIG) Upcoming Teleclasses, Workshops and Events Membership in the DCF DCF is on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter & YouTube! Resource Library General Meeting Information Contact UsMessage from Kim ClausenPresident, Denver Coach FederationBelieve to AchieveThink about this: Your success is directly correlated to how much you BELIEVE inyourself.If you truly, deeply believe in the value you bring, the impact you can make, yourability to build a successful business, and are willing to do whatever it takes, then youwill succeed. If you lack belief and confidence, then you will question, procrastinate,waiver, and maybe even fail.Most people doubt themselves and feel they are undeserving. For some it’s subtle, forothers it’s much more pervasive. We also tend to think that we are the only ones whodoubt ourselves, when if you study other highly successful people, you will discover thatthey too struggle with lack of belief and fear, but they choose to push through it. We allhave problems, insecurities and challenges. But simply stated, the more you believe inyourself and your abilities, the more likely you are to accomplish your goals and achieveyour dreams.If you are not taking the action you want, might I encourage you to reflect upon yourlevel of belief? If you really believed that you couldnt fail, (or "so what" if you did!)then how would your actions change?The best way to achieve your goals and dreams is to work diligently on building your
2. belief in yourself. Belief leads to taking action, which leads to results.So, how do you build belief?A simple yet powerful way to build your belief is to write a belief statement. Writing abelief statement is a powerful process to help you identify and embrace all of thereasons WHY you believe you can achieve what you desire in your life, and why youdeserve it.Here’s a 7 step process for writing a belief statement: 1. Write down all the reasons why you believe you will have the life and business of your dreams and why you deserve it. Include your skills, talents, education, philosophies, experiences, personal characteristics, etc. 2. Use complete sentences and start with the word “I.” 3. Speak in the present tense as if it already is. 4. Let this process be a free flow of thoughts and emotions. Write as much as you can until you can’t think of anything else to write. 5. Do not let any self limiting thoughts enter this process. 6. Revisit it again and write some more. 7. Do not feel that this exercise that has to be “perfect” or is “etched in stone”. This is a “live document” that should be referred to regularly. Therefore allow yourself freedom to edit, add to, and delete as you continue to get clearer on your vision, and as your belief grows.Here’s an example of a portion of a belief statement: “I have a successful business because I’m highly skilled and passionate about what I do. I care about my clients and serving their needs. I am customer service oriented and always deliver more than I promise. I deliver high quality products and services and I have a positive attitude about my clients, my business and my life. I also have a strong support system through my family, friends and colleagues. I have a loving partner and family, and they support me in all that I do…” When creating your belief statement, tell your negative self talk to take a break. Really allow yourself this time to acknowledge your gifts, talents and skills and WHY you deserve to receive the abundance that is waiting for you!This month I encourage you to take time for yourself to develop and refine your beliefstatement. Commit to reviewing your belief statement every day for at least one month.I’ll be doing this too, so let’s do it together!Your belief and confidence in yourself will skyrocket and what can develop from that isnothing short of amazing!I’m up for that! How about you?And if you want to share, send your belief statements to my confidential email email@example.comBlessings,Kim Clausenkeclausen@netzero.net
3. July 27th: 3rd Annual Summer Networking ExtravaganzaDate: July 27, 2011Time: 5:30PM to 8:30PMLocation: Space Gallery, 765 Santa Fe Dr., Denver, CO 80204Food: Hors d’oeuvresDrinks: Two drink coupons per person plus cash barCost: $30 through 7/18/2011 and $40 after 7/18/2011Join the ASTD-Rocky Mountain Chapter, National Speaker’s Association Colorado andthe Denver Coach Federation for an evening of hors d’oeuvres, drinks and networking inDenver’s Santa Fe Arts District.Summer is a great time to get out and mingle, meet up with friends and connect withnew people.Bring all the best people you know … this event may be just what you need to take thatnext daring step, re-energize yourself or accomplish your goals. Mingle and networkwhile you check out the art! As a community, we are supporting the Art from AshesFoundation. You can learn more at their table and join them for a creative expressionactivity.PLEASE NOTE: Everyone must register for events including DCF members.CLICK HERE TO REGISTER for the July 27, 2011 3rd Annual Summer NetworkingExtravaganza.Special Interest Groups (SIGs)EXPLORING COACHING AS A PROFESSION SIGThe Exploring Coaching as a Profession will not be meeting in July or AugustFUNDAMENTALS OF STARTING YOUR COACHING PRACTICE SIGThe Exploring Coaching as a Profession will not be meeting in July or AugustMARKETING FOR THE ESTABLISHED COACH SIGThe Exploring Coaching as a Profession will not be meeting in July or AugustEXECUTIVE AND BUSINESS COACHES SIGJuly 20, 20117:00PM - 9:00PM727 East 16th Avenue, Denver, CO 80210Facilitated By: Gary HawkThe next Executive Coaches SIG is July 20th.
4. We meet on the 3rd Wednesday evening of each month in 2011 – except December.We meet at 727 East 16th Avenue, Denver, CO 80210 (Very Important - it is 16thAvenue, not street).For more information and to reserve your seat for May, contact Gary Hawk firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-333-4757.Facilitator:Gary Hawkgaryhawk@getclarity.com303-333-4757Teleclasses, Workshops and EventsCheck out our upcoming teleclasses and workshops!AUGUSTAugust 11, 2011Washington Park, Site #4How many times have you left a DCF monthly meeting wishing you could have spentmore time talking to other members? The Annual Picnic is your opportunity. Find outwhat you have in common with other DCF coaches. Expand your network. Relax in anatmosphere of fun.August 2011 DCF Annual PicnicSEPTEMBERSeptember 9, 2011 (workshop)*Offering the following CCEUs: 1.5 Business Development; 2 Core CompetencyIn this workshop, you will uncover the ONE THING that will have your ideal clientCLAMORING TO HIRE YOU and learn the secret ingredient to MAKE YOUR BUSINESSBUILD ITSELF.Radical Business Building Breakthrough:"Holy Cow Youre Hot! Why Dont Your ClientsKnow It?" - Therese KienastOCTOBEROctober 14, 2011: (Teleclass)*Offering 3 CCEUs in the area of Core CompetencyIn this interactive session, learn the foundations of learning and gain tools that will helpyou structure a coaching conversation based on learning theory.The Power of Learning: Sustaining Meaningful Change for our Clients - Micki McMillanNOVEMBERNovember 4-5, 2011: (Workshop)Early Bird Registration through September 9th:$249 ($217 + $32 food) for DCF Members; $279 ($247 + $32 food) for Non-MembersThere will be a FREE Teleclass Preview in October: Details Coming Soon!You CAN get more clients, earn more income and GROW YOUR BUSINESS! JoinInternationally known Business Building Expert Michael Charest to learn the strategiesyou can and MUST put in place today. In this one-of-a-kind, hands-on seminar you willwalk away with a Clear, Step-By-Step System that you can Apply to Your BusinessRIGHT AWAY!Grow Your Business Grow Your Life – LIVE - Michael Charest
5. Membership in the Denver Coach FederationGive yourself the gift of membership in the Denver Coach Federation and join now!Though we aren’t having regular meetings over the summer, there are still plenty ofreasons not to wait until September to become a member. There is a terrific networkingevent planned for July 27th, and we’re having our summer picnic on August 11th inWashington Park.Our new members will be welcomed with a New Member Reception in September, andwe’d like for you to be one of our new members.As a member of DCF, you will be part of a very special group of individuals committed tomaking a difference in the lives of their clients, connecting with other coaches,developing themselves, and advancing the profession of coaching. There are manybenefits to membership in DCF, including attending the monthly meetings at noadditional cost. The educational presentations during the meetings delivered by highlysuccessful coaches with special expertise are a wonderful resource for developing yourcoaching skills and building your business. As a member, you also have the opportunityto network with other coaches and participate in one of the Special Interest Groups(SIGs). The SIGs are led by experienced coaches, giving you the opportunity to learnand engage in lively discussion. Three of the four SIGs are held immediately prior to themeeting and one is held off site on a different day. Our SIGs are: Exploring Coaching asa Profession; Fundamentals of Starting a Coaching Practice; Marketing for theEstablished Coach; and Executive Coaching. In addition to the SIGs and monthlyeducational programming, we also have other programs and events, such as workshopsand teleclasses with reduced rates for members.It’s very easy to join by going to the DCF Website and filling out the form:http://sn.im/joindcf.If you have questions about membership, please call me at 303-503-9681.Thank You!Karen McGeeDCF Membership DirectorDCF is on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter & YouTube!Check out the Denver Coach Federation on:FacebookBecome a Fan!TwitterYou TubeLinkedInIf you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.comResource Library
6. The Denver Coach Federation has a fabulous Resource Library with over a hundrededucational tapes and books addressing such disciplines as leadership coaching,executive and corporate coaching, career coaching, relationship coaching, life coaching,and spiritual coaching, as well as practice development for coaches. Its purpose is topromote education, business development and support for DCF members.The Resource Library is perhaps best known for its great selection of audiotapes.Several years worth of ICF Conference audiotapes include leadership and coachingtopics by such high-profile individuals as Laura Berman-Fortgang, Ken Blanchard, JackCanfield, Wayne Dyer, Cheryl Richardson, and Benjamin Zander, along with many othermasterful coaches. A variety of other resources include such great tapes as "High EndCoaching" and "Personal Evolution" by Thomas Leonard and Frederic Hudsons book, TheHandbook of Coaching.In addition to developing leadership and coaching skills, audiotape topics are specific toself-promotion and networking, use of assessments, therapists as coaches, attractionprinciples, team coaching, self- coaching, emotional intelligence, appreciative inquiry,speaking, and getting published. Members may borrow up to four resources per monthupon signing "The Agreement for Resource Check-Out".Brenda Cody, M.S., Resource LibrarianBrenda@WorkSolutionsGroup.com720-989-8743General Meeting InformationRegular Monthly MeetingsMembers: No ChargeNon-Members / Guests: $25 per meeting feeWhen: 2nd Thursday of every month6:00PM - 9:00PMSIGs start at 6:00PM, and the General Meeting starts at 7:15PM sharp.Where: PPA Event Center, 2105 Decatur Street, Denver, Colorado 80211Phone: 303-433-8247The PPA Event Center is on the corner of 21st Avenue and Decatur StreetPPA Event Center website: www.ppaeventcenter.comMap to PPA Event Center:
7. Questions? Comments? Ideas to Share?We welcome your comments and ideas and are happy to answer questions.Contact Information:firstname.lastname@example.orgDCF Board MembersKim Clausen, Presidentkeclausen@netzero.net303-465-0454Marty Vondrell, President-ElectMarty@MartyVondrell.com720-389-4870Karen McGee, Membership Directorkarenhmcgee@comcast.net303-503-9681Marketing DirectorPosition AvailableCarol Schultz, Education Directorcarol@verticalelevation.com303-805-7635