63.1% Paid Internships lead to jobs, whereas
only 37.0% Unpaid Internships lead to jobs.
Also, 35.2% of college graduates who do not do
an internship at all receive job offers.
Our aim is to create a knowledgeable awareness and debate against unpaid
internships through the means of anaylisis and personal experiences illustrated
through an online forum. Developing a compelling understanding of the subject in
order to gain a convincing archive of benefits within our favour, we will argue
against this issue on behalf of students with our intended outcome being to see
equality between employees and students of all age, sex and occupations.
Fashion Intern Experience
"*Unnamed Stylist* made me do her grocery shopping, and once I had to
return a thing of yogurt because she wanted the like, four ounce ones instead
of the five ounce. One day my whole job was to research ‘who makes soups in
New York’ because she was going on a soup diet. Also, I only met her twice! I
worked there for two months. And had a key to her apartment."
By EXPENSES ONLY
• 1. We want to create a knowledgeable awareness of unpaid internships.
• 2. We want to develop a compelling understanding of the subject.
• 3. We want to collect personal experiences in order to create a database of information that can be
utilized by others to inform future work experience.
• 4. We want to encourage interns to know their rights and be aware of exploitation.
• 5. We want to expose companies who exploit their interns in order to get them to change their
• 6. Our forum is open to people of all backgrounds, for people who feel their story should be heard.
• 7. We want companies to be aware of how they have impacted their interns well-being and take
responsibility for their actions.
• 8. We want to express our concerns on a financial basis in order to gain acknowledgement from the
relevant organisations who specialise in student funding.
• 9. We want to encourage companies to give their interns an experience that will benefit both
• 10. Through the means of statistics and analysis, we aim to develop a beneficial debate strongly
within our favour.