MARKETING RESEARCH Presented by Deepika Agarwal Rajesh Agarwal Pratik Chowdhury Souryojit Ghosh Sayan Mukherjee
MANAGEMENT DECISSION PROBLEMDoes the new logo of Airtel successfully reflect the mission of the company?
MARKETING RESEARCH PROBLEM• To determine the perception of the new logo vis a vis the old logo in alignment with Airtel’s corporate mission, in the minds of the customer
Components of MRP• How do the customers perceive Airtel as a company?• On comparing both the logos which of them matches, strengthens or dilutes the perception of the company in the minds of the customer
RESEARCH DESIGNInformation required• How the change in logo is being perceived by the different psychographic and economic segments?• What the customer felt about the old logo and what is his response to the new logo vis a vis the company’s mission and vision?
RESEARCH DESIGNScales to be used• Interval scale
RESEARCH DESIGNSampling methods-• Judgmental samplingPhases of research-• Exploratory• Conclusive
HYPOTHESES• Hypotheses 1H0-Perception of the customer has remained the same after a change in the logo of Airtel.H1-Perception of the customer has changed after a change in the logo of Airtel.• Hypotheses 2H0 – Both the logos of Airtel are able convey the company’s mission and vision aptlyH1 – Both the logos of Airtel are not able to convey the company’s mission and vision aptly
Q1. Are you aware of the change in the logo of Airtel? Blank NO 6% 5% Yes 89%
2. How would you rate Airtel as a company based on the following parameters? Please rate on a scale of 1-5,(1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest 78.68% 76.92% 76.04% 75.56% 72.17% 70.43%69.45%
3. How do you perceive Airtel as a company based on the following parameters in comparison with its old logo Please rate on a scale of 1-5( 1 being lowest and 5 being highest 76.18% 71.91% 72.00% 71.03% 70.56%70.11% 68.64%
4. How do you perceive Airtel as a company based on the following parameters in comparison with the new logo. Please rate on a scale of 1-5(1 being lowest and 5 being highest 76.40% 76.70% 75.78% 75.73%73.93% 72.81% 68.35%
5. Which logo Airtel portrays the company more aptly? Old Logo 47% New Logo 53%
9. ProfessionHouse Wife 1% No Answer 14% Working Student 22% 63%
10. Income6050403020100 Less than Rs Rs 100000 - Rs Rs 300000 - Rs More than Rs Not Applicable 100000 300000 500000 500000
Comparison of new v/s old logo andthe general perception of the company • Sample Size- 94Perception Perception of the Perception of the Perception of theparameters company in general company based on company based on amongst the old logo the new logo respondents (in %) amongst amongst respondents (in %) respondents (in %)Flexible 69.45 70.11 73.93Global Reach 76.04 71.91 76.40Youthful 76.92 70.56 75.78Customer-Centric 70.43 68.64 68.35Innovative 72.17 71.03 76.70Reliable 75.56 72 72.81Progressive 78.68 76.18 75.73
Inferences• In hypothesis1 we reject the null hypothesis as the perception of the customer has changed after a change in the logo of Airtel. As there is a change in perception in 5 parameters out of featured 7• In hypothesis2 we reject the null hypothesis as both the logos of Airtel are not able to convey the company’s mission and vision aptly. This is clearly visible in 4 parameters out the featured 7• The new logo of Airtel does not convey the company’s mission and vision completely, but is better than the old logo in a lot of parameters.
Inferences• Also the new logo has managed to change the perception of the customer towards the company.• The customer now feels the company is more flexible, has a wider global reach, more youthful and is more reliable and innovative.
Recommendation• The company should stick with new logo even though it doesn’t perfectly convey the company’s mission and vision• The reason for this being as it has already spent an enormous amount of money in launching this new logo and it is still better than the old one and the customer is also perceiving this logo better than the old one within the said parameters