Presentlydeyhav come up wid 50 new models to cater multiple niches which hav diff preferences,income levels and aesthetic tastes.Launched the new models include the country’s first corner air conditioner, the triangle shaped Vertis Pristine that would fit on the wall corner
Air Conditioners SplitWindowCassette-61,490 (2 ton)-106,864(4 ton)Slimline46990(2 ton)-66990(3 ton)Unitary Product Business Group (UPBG) – Exports DivisionsUPBG has been exporting its products to most countries in Middle East for many years and has emerged as one of the fastest growing Air conditioning & Refrigeration appliances brand. Voltas UPBG is also rapidly expanding its business in other parts of the world including Africa, SAARC nations and Latin America.
The service infrastructure was strengthed by addition of toll free number, two dedicated contact centers and robust customer Relationship Management Software and systems.Focus on Service Infrastructure.
has been well appreciated, with its thrust on educating the consumer on optimal usage of air conditioners.
Voltas Brand shows Reliability, intelligence of the product features of it varVoltas has targeted its customers through its ad campaign “India Ka AC” by stressing the nationalistic theme in it.ious brands such as Vertis, pristine etc.
Out of 45, 10 people have bought Voltas AC.
It means that if people are satisfied with their present AC they will make repeat purchase in case of such high involvement product. And So word of mouth is very important in this case.
--- From our survey we found that people who never used Voltas AC were of the perception that it is not of good quality, this perception needs to be changed, through good
: with its diversity of priorities, preferences, income groups and aesthetic tastesCertain key Models remain standard
1. VOLTAS AC –A STUDY ON CONSUMER BEHAVIOR<br />Submitted By-<br />NitikaGarg<br />DeepikaThakur<br />MeenuGoswami<br />PalakMadan<br />TarandeepKaur<br />GouravMukhija<br />
2. INTRODUCTIONTHE TATA ‘s<br />Tata Group is one of India's largest and most respected business groups.<br />Tata Comprises of 96 operating companies in seven business sectors.<br />information systems and communications; engineering; materials; services; energy; consumer products; and chemicals. <br />Operates in more than 54 countries across six continents, <br />Its companies export products and services to 120 nations. <br />
3. VOLTAS<br />Established in 1954 in collaboration with Volkart Brothers, a Swiss firm and Tata Sons Limited.<br />Manufactured the first ever room air conditioner in 1954.<br /> Introduced the first innovative split air conditioner in 1984.<br /> Introduced the tall and elegant slimline air conditioner in 1993.<br /> Among the first to launch sub 1.0 Ton ACs.<br /> Introduced Energy Efficient Air-Conditioners in<br /> 2007<br /> First to introduce corner split AC in 2009<br />
4. Business Organization<br />
5. RESTRUCTURING OF VOLTAS<br />Product:<br />71 new products <br /> Initiative- Launched 1.5 Ton AC<br />Channel revamp:<br />Weed out Non-Performing Dealers<br /> Investment in Training<br />Brand Building:<br /> “AC with IQ”<br />Aspirational Theme<br />"India ka AC”<br />
6. OPERATING PROFITS & REVENUE <br />Split Ac segment has grown with 38% while Windows segment contributes 17%.<br />
10. PLACE<br /><ul><li>Company has adopted a flexible Business Model
11. To reach semi-urban and rural Market-Expansion of network of dealers, distributors and retailers in 2009.
12. Focus on Service Infrastructure.</li></li></ul><li>PROMOTION<br />The new advertising platform of ‘Sensible Cooling’.<br />Voltas AC TV commercial is running across various channels such as NDTV 24X7, Aaj Tak, CNBC, Times Now, Discovery and National Geographic. <br />CSR- It is running a campaign, titled JagmagDeshMera, by TERI.<br />
13. Contd.<br />Print ads - The Times of India, Hindustan Times and The Hindu newspapers.<br />Websites used- Yahoo!, Rediff, MSN, Sify and NDTV.com <br />Radio campaign on Big FM<br />Below-the-line activities across eight metros and Tier II towns.<br />
15. MARKET SHARE IN ROOM AC SEGMENT <br />The Room AC Segment is expected to grow by 25% in coming years.<br />
16. CONSUMER BEHAVIOR<br />
17. COMMERCIAL SEGMENT<br />Caters to Light commercial segment <br />Products: Venture range of products that includes Floor Standing (Slimline), Cassette and Ductable Air Conditioners.<br />Supported by strong R&D and technical support<br />Hyderabad International Airport ,ITC Mumbai, Dell Chandigarh, Sahara Ganj Mall, Lucknow <br />
18. QUESTIONNAIRE ANALYSIS<br />
19. Q1.WHICH AC BRANDS DO YOU KNOW?<br />In our survey, we found that 24 out of 45 are aware of Voltas AC whereas LG and Samsung are more popular among people<br />
20. Q2.HOW MANY HOURS DO YOU USE AC IN A DAY?<br />
21. Q3.WHICH AC BRANDS YOU CONSIDERED WHILE MAKING YOUR PURCHASE DECISION?<br />35 % among 45 people will consider Voltas while making their purchase decision. Whereas this is highest for LG with 57%.<br />
22. Q4.WHICH AC BRAND HAVE YOU BOUGHT?<br />
23. Q5.WHAT IS THE MEDIUM OF INFORMATION?<br />The most important source of information came out to be TVC and internet is at second number and retail outlets are at third number.<br />
24. Q6.WHY DO YOU PURCHASE AC?<br />In our survey, we find that cooling is the most important factor in making AC purchase decision.<br />
25. Q7.ARE YOU SATISFIED WITH YOUR PRESENT AC??<br />Out of 45 people, 13 have bought Samsung and all 13 are satisfied with its performance.<br />
26. Q8.HAVE YOU EVER BOUGHT VOLTAS AC<br />Out of 45 people, only 13% has said that they have bought Voltas AC whereas 35% has bought LG and 33% bought Samsung. <br />
27. Q9. WHAT DO YOU FEEL ABOUT AFTER SALES SERVICES?<br />
28. Q10. WILL YOU BUY IT AGAIN?<br />30 out of 45 people have said that they will buy their present AC again. <br />
29. Q11. WILL YOU SUGGEST IT TO YOUR FRIENDS?<br />Out of 45, 33 said they will suggest it to their friends.<br />
30. Q12. What comes to your mind when you think of Voltas AC?<br />Good quality<br />Tata product <br />Average AC<br />Indian AC<br />Cooling ability & size<br />Bad service<br />Value for money<br />No comments<br />
31. RECOMMENDATIONS<br />Voltas should come up with new and good schemes for consumers like discounts, coupons etc.<br />It should provide more profit margins to its dealers.<br />Brand building exercises and other Marketing strategies need to be strengthened.<br /> Voltas should focus on the availability of its products like Voltas Vertis(0.75 Ton)<br />
32. PRESENT SCENARIO<br />Present Industry Trends:<br /> Energy Efficient Star Rated Acs<br /> Higher growth in Split AC Segment<br />Multiple options for multiple niches<br />Launched new range of 50 AC models for the coming summer season.<br />Has choices in terms of features, tonnage, price and other parameters.<br />Focus on market’s heterogeneous nature. <br />At its upper end, the range includes the Gold, Platina and Plus versions of the flagship Vertis brand. <br />