Effective Candidate Generation &
WSP L & D
Deepak D S
“The expert knows more and
more about less and less until
he knows everything about
― Mahatma Gandhi
Your First Impression Matters!
• “You have only one chance to make a first
• This old adage is especially true in recruiting.
• Impression a candidate gets of a job opportunity
• And also of you as a recruiter
• Make a good first impression, though, and you
might be on your way to building a lasting
relationship and potentially great hire for your
company or client.
First Impression MATTERS!!!
• Be honest and upfront
• Let candidates know how you found them
• Always give candidates a quick overview of
• Let candidates know how to contact you
• Follow up no matter their expressed level of
Too many calls from too many
recruiters??? How do you stand out?
Before reaching out for the phone,
• Know your client well beforehand in order to
answer each of the candidate’s queries.
• Do not blindly call candidates based on just
one skill as mentioned in the JD
• Spend enough time on the candidate’s profiles
to validate them in accordance with the
• Speak to candidates only if they match at least
50% with the requirement.
While on the phone
• Spend enough time with the candidates to
understand their needs, expectations and
ambitions with regards to their career.
• Approach as a friend with whom they can
confide and build a rapport right from the
• Remember to make a difference with your first
call to stand out amongst your peers &
• Remember each candidate you speak to, has a
potential to be considered for other positions as
well in future.
• Always read the JD out to the candidate and
ensure they understand it.
• Make sure to follow up your conversation with an
email detailing the opportunity.
• Submit the candidate only if you are completely
sure of him/her getting shortlisted.
• No “Bhejke dekho na, phir dekhenge”