1. WELCOMES YOU!
Please have a seat, we will begin in a
2. Before we begin…
• Please settle down so we can watch this
3. What is DECA?
• Business-Marketing concentrated student
• An international association of students and teachers
of marketing, management and entrepreneurship in
business, finance, hospitality, and marketing sales
and service (DECA.org).
• It is one of ten organizations listed as career and
technical student organizations by the United States
Department of Education
4. • DECA is divided into four divisions: High School,
Collegiate DECA (College Division), Alumni, and
• Collegiate DECA is organized in much the same w
as High School DECA, except that chapters are by
college, not high school and we compete in region
5. What are Provincials?
• Provincial Challenging case studies
– A chance to represent UOIT
– A chance to compete!
– A chance to lead!
– A chance to excel and shine!
– And most of all! Network with potential employ
• About 15,000 individuals compete in
conference…and you could be one of them!
• A chance to participate on Team Canada!
6. How we prepare for Provincials
• Probable categories
– Fast food management
– Hospitality management
– Apparel and retail
– Automotive financing
– Financial services
– Business laws and ethics
– A whole load of Accounting categories
7. How we prepare for provincials
• Quiz bowl – 5 people
• Written competitions
• Downtown Toronto Scavenger Hunt!
• Social events at night / meet and greet
• Luxury stay at Sheraton hotel at affordable cost!
• ACE the CASE!
• Other fun events!
• Flexible preparation time!
• Commitment, commitment, commitment!!
8. How to join
• Provincials are held in February of every year
• Membership is mandatory
• Membership fee must be submitted by Dec 6th 201
• What does the membership fee get you?
– 2 nights stay at Sheraton Hotel Toronto!
– Compete in provincials with other schools!
– A chance to meet and network with big firms
9. Soo…why join?
• Excel in the classroom in areas such as marketing, finance,
hospitality, management and entrepreneurship
• Gain a competitive edge in the global job market
• Develop strategic decision making and project management
• Receive awards and recognition through competition and
• Develop campus leaders
• Enhance classrooms through experiential learning
• Network with business and industry experts and nearly
15,000 students and advisors
– You could meet your potential employer!
• SIGN UP for our contact list and we’ll keep you update
• Find us on Facebook
DECA @ UOIT – Profile & Group
• Email: email@example.com
• Make the smart decision for your future!
• Personal emails are also available…please ask!