“A STUDY OF AWARENESS LEVEL AMONG THE PROSPECTS FOR
PRODUCTS OFFERED BY ING-VYSYA BANK LTD”
Roll No. 12205
1.To know the general awareness level about the banking facilities provided
to the prospective customers.
2. To identify and make the prospective customer aware about the banking
facilities provided by ING-Vysya bank.
3. To compare the banking facilities provided by ING-Vysya with that of the
4. To know the expectation of the prospective customer as per banking
facilities are concerned.
5. To analyze the customer base of ING-Vysya bank.
6. To identify the criterion on the basis of which customer selects the
• Type : Public
• Industry : Banking, Financial Services & Insurance
• Founded : 2002 (est. 1930 as Vysya Bank)
• Headquarters : Bangalore, India
• Key People : Shailendra Bhandari (CEO & MD)
Arun Thiagarajan (Chairman of the Board)
• Revenue : 5588 crore (US$890 million)
• Employees : Over 10,000
• No. of Branches : 527
• No. of ATMS : 405
ING Vysya Bank
ING’s mission is to set the standard in helping our customers manage
their financial future. ING aims to deliver financial products and services
in the way that our customers want them delivered: with exemplary
service, convenience and at competitive prices.
Research Design : Descriptive Research Design
Sources of Data : Primary Sources &
Sampling Technique : Probability Sampling
Sample Size : 400
Sample Area : Pune (PCMC)
Sample Duration : 7 weeks
Data Analysis & Interpretation
Q1. In which bank are you having your existing current account?
If, not ING-Vysya bank then
Q2. What products and services you are presently availing from your
Q3. Are you well aware about the banking facilities provided by your
Q4. How happy you are with the services provided by your existing
Q5. On the basis of which criterion have you selected your existing
Q6. Before this survey how often you have heard about ING-Vysya bank?
Q7. If yes then, how you came to know about ING-Vysya bank Ltd.?
Q8. If yes then, are you aware about the products & services offered by
Q9. Do you think ING-Vysya bank is having better banking facilities than
that of your existing bank?
If, ING-Vysya bank then,
Q10. What products and services you are presently availing at ING-
Vysya bank ltd?
Q11. What are your general impressions about ING-Vysya bank?
Q12. Are you having swipe machine of ING-Vysya bank?
• New training
• PR can be
• New private
1. ING-Vysya bank ltd. has potential and growth opportunities in the Chinchwad (Pune)
2. The products of ING-Vysya bank ltd. have good standing in the Chinchwad (Pune)
area in comparison to its competitors.
3. The cold calling of ING-Vysya bank is very effective as it creates more awareness
among the prospects about the ING-Vysya bank ltd products and services.
4. Generally ING-Vysya is targeting to enhance the market share in Chinchwad(Pune)
but with lack of ATM counters and branches it is facing hurdles in its way.
5. ING-Vysya bank ltd. Is very much strict in following the KYC norms. 6. The size of the
lockers provided by ING-Vysya bank is big in size as compared to other banks.
6.The size of the lockers provided by ING-Vysya bank is big in size as compared to
7. The residents of Chinch wad(Pune) likes the products of ING-Vysya bank but most
of them need some change. So, they can be new potential customers.
8.The latest technologies used by ING-Vysya bank for providing banking services
like Internet banking and phone banking has sent positive signals in the mind of
9. The network of ING-Vysya bank in Chinch wad(Pune) is lagging behind a little than
its competitors like ICICI bank and HDFC bank.
10. It can be distilled from data that ING-Vysya bank ltd has a good market share as
compared to its competitors considering the amount of resources deployed by them
in the market.
1. More possessions should be allocated in the market of Chinchwad(Pune) as there
is a big untapped market in Chinchwad(Pune) so it becomes necessary for ING-
Vysya bank ltd. for taking an edge over its competitors.
2. Cold calling in Chinchwad(Pune) has produced good results in short span of time,
so for long term benefits it is much more necessary to carry on the following.
3. Besides opening more branches it should also look for opening new ATM
counters in Chinchwad(Pune).
4. A number of new shops are going to be opened in the next few years so ING-
Vysya bank should try to gain some contacts to increase the market share.
5. Various forms of advertising should be performed to communicate properly with
the prospect which is actually less in comparison to other banks in that particular
6. The benefits provided by the ING-Vysya bank ltd. should be promoted through
publicity, advertising and sales promotion so that people can understand that
customer satisfaction is the main aim for the persons working in ING-Vysya bank ltd
and same for the bank also.
7. Besides hiring experienced employees, a good number should be allocated for a
particular region rather few personnel for a specified region, to open the untapped
8. ING-Vysya should new positioning strategies to target the untapped and the
existing market by generating products on the basis of user category and benefits.
9. Word of mouth has been effective for ING-Vysya bank but still it can use sales
promotion activities to generate more prospects in the specified region.
10. ING-Vysya should perform holistic marketing by thinking about the business as a
• Effective and efficient use of the following are required for a better
market growth and share.