• Pin regularly and not in bursts
• Label your pin board categories
• Engage with other pinners – like and comment on other pins
• Clear, colorful photos
• Read this: http://pinterest.com/about/copyright/
• Check the source of the pin before you repin
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mhauri/44508041
Promote from other sources,
not just your own work.
• Tag other pinners with @
• Collaboration boards with staff or top clients
• Event boards – invite attendees to post on that board
• Links in your pin descriptions
• Use hashtags
• Watermark your original content
• WP Pinterest widget
• Items around your industry
• Boards that show your values
• Thanks You
• Local content
• How to videos
• eBook covers
• Team members
• Highlight old content
• Be a thought leader
• Video gallery
• Case studies
• What is your ideal client pinning?
How do your products and
services fit into your customers
lifestyles? How does it help
• Content for specific client types
• What are their interests, needs
• How does your business help?
• When do you get the most repins, likes and referrals?
• Analytics and test different posting times
• View pinboards of your customers to understand them better
• What is driving traffic and leads?
• Clicks per pin, repins per pin, time spent on your site by Pinterest users
Take all the fun out of it
• Cross promote
• Add popular pins to newsletter
• Putting your prettiest foot forward
• Pinterest search is about the descriptions
• Fresh content is rewarded
• Follow companies and boards – not necessarily people
• Do visuals play a role in your business?
• Is your demographic there?
• Do you have the time and content?
• Test, test, test
Should you be on pinterest?
• Pinerly – content management dashboard. Track pins
via campaigns, stats. Suggests people to follow and best
• Pinstamatic – Create original pins
• 7 Useful Pinterest Tools to Supercharge Your Pinfluence
Need to know more?
• This Is Everything You Need To Know About Pinterest (Techcrunch)
• 26 Tips for Using Pinterest for Business (Social Media Examiner)
• Pinterest Help and Resources
• Making Sense Of Key Pinterest Metrics And Analytics Tools (Marketing Land)
• 103 Resources For Becoming a Pinterest Expert (KISSmetrics)